bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th May 2014, 10:21   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oculus VR picks up Google Glass engineer

Oculus VR has hired former Google Glass engineer Adrian Wong to help them 'build the Metaverse'.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ass-engineer/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 10:53   #2
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
With the amount of talent they have on-board now it would take a major screw up for the Oculus Rift not to be a success story.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 14:55   #3
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
With the amount of talent they have on-board now it would take a major screw up for the Oculus Rift not to be a success story.
The talent, the basically infinite money going into it, and the very high interest in consumers basically ensures it will be a successful product. I don't see any stopping it at this point.
Old 19th May 2014, 14:57   #4
rainbowbridge
Goes forever,OMG it's full of Stars

rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.
Well I know the Cisco video conference team are working with one because when I sold my one on eBay in late march it was snapped up by Cisco Systems Technology VC department.

Got good feedback for it too :-)
Obutto r3volution - Obsidian 650D - i7 2600k@4.3Ghz - 1TB Samsung EVO - 16gb Ram - 3GB Asus GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC-3x Asus VN279QLB -1x Oculus Dk2- Blu-ray - Mionix Naos 8200 Mouse - Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo - Razer Tiamat 7.1 true - DT 770 PRO headphones+px350 piano - Focusrite 6i6 - SE2200a IIC - T500RS Wheel + TH8a Shifter - Warthog Hotas + Saitek Combat Pedals -
rainbowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 19:23   #5
dstarr3
Minimodder

dstarr3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was nervous when Facebook bought this however long ago, but I guess it's Facebook's money that's paying all the talents' salaries now, so... good on them!
dstarr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 12:39   #6
brave758
Ultramodder

brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm thinking the England team.... over paid prima donna's who can't string any passes together.....
brave758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 14:57   #7
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstarr3 View Post
I was nervous when Facebook bought this however long ago, but I guess it's Facebook's money that's paying all the talents' salaries now, so... good on them!
Well as stated before, Facebook made it very clear they are going to continue to pursue the gaming goal of the Rift. Besides, as long as technology for the Rift doesn't get taken away and as long as the price remains reasonable, what's really stopping people from using it as a gaming device anyway? Facebook has yet to show any signs of ruining it as a product. Remember, in the end, it's really just a fancy monitor you wear on your head with some motion tracking sensors.

I think kinect is another good example of this, except sort of a reverse scenario - MS wanted it strictly for Xbox gaming, but people managed to create their own drivers and use it for non-gaming purposes in relatively very little time. Considering the Rift has a much greater hype than Kinect, there is absolutely no stopping the community from hacking the Rift to do what they want - facebook has no power over what consumers will do to the Rift.

Tags
google glass, oculus rift, oculus vr, virtual reality