bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th May 2014, 09:56   #1
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
SilverStone Precision PS09 Review

SilverStone Precision PS09 Review
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-ps09-review/1
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 10:52   #2
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The only budget case I am even remotely interested in is the Bit-Fenix Neos... Hopefully a review is forthcoming.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 14:28   #3
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
The only budget case I am even remotely interested in is the Bit-Fenix Neos... Hopefully a review is forthcoming.
They are still about 3-4wks away according to OCUK, who are taking pre-orders for them now.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 14:51   #4
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bought a Sharkoon MS140, which exactly fitted the space I had to put it in. Was more expensive than this, but had the 140mm intake fan, and 2 x USB3, 2 x USB 2. 92mm exhaust and the 120mm in the PSU...
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 16:13   #5
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
anyone else getting 404 for all the enlarged images on the final page?
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 16:34   #7
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oops! All working now..
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 23:27   #8
Casecutter
What's a Dremel?

Casecutter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow you got an old 570 in that! Why so 2011?... a GTX 750Ti bests it and with much less heat/power. Then you didn't see what a rear 92mm might aid, although it would've been futile with that much heat. The most I'd ever hope to squeeze in that is perhaps one of those MSI GTX760 ITX versions. I think for a modest APU build, or even mainstream gamer with less OC and a nice 270X for the low entry price it's a nice little box when use with modular PSU.

Last edited by Casecutter; 3rd Jun 2014 at 16:26.
Casecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 09:07   #9
GeorgeK
Bit-Tech Keyboard Overlord

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Your strange punctuations are back... What are you posting your threads using?

The reason that they use that setup is so that results are comparable with older cases - if they suddenly changed setup then all the previous results wouldn't be useful any more. As for adding in additional fans, they never (well - very, very occasionally) add in additional fans as they want to compare the stock case rather than start to fiddle with the numerous alternative setups that additional fans would offer.

GK
GeorgeK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 17:55   #10
Casecutter
What's a Dremel?

Casecutter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sure... But that doesn't seem a representative build for 2014, or for a budget M-ATX or ITX cases.

While I understand the need for consistency, given the evolution the M-ATX and ITX hardware over the last 3-4yr's. I believe in the conclusion might have been less weighted to the unfavorable. It was a good exercise to load the "exorbitantly expensive" In-Win 901 with a Zalman ZM-F2 92mm + Noctua NF-F12 120mm, but for a budget Raven RVZ01 it's any less intriguing! Having to add a fan or two in budget case is routine, especially when anticipating a bunch overwrought hot hardware.

What this review missed is that at least Silverstone has the "stones" to make available an aesthetically pleasing and well-built chassis in a budget price. More folks are looking to build in a smaller form factor, lower power, and quiet box and this is an exceptional offering for so many. What case have you previously reviewed offers what this provides?
Casecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2014, 22:20   #11
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Kudos, for implementing USB3???...well no, USB3 should be standart by now, with minuspoints for every design NOT implementing it.

Quote:
This may reduce costs, but we're unsure of how effective it will be
Well, it's what ATX-PSU's are designed to do, so it shouldn't harm it.

Essentially, it's a standart (old)ATX design, but smaller.

with an exhaust fan and an exhausting graphics card, it wouldn't do too bad.
Shame the front only has one fan, and it is aimed poorly by that.

The real shame however is that it doesn't house a proper tower cooler.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps09, silverstone