bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Jun 2014, 11:08   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Huawei shows off 10Gb/s 802.11ax Wi-Fi

Lab-ready now, to market in 2018.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-10gbps-wifi/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 11:27   #2
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
And this is the same Huawei that have been accused of potential violations related to immigration, bribery, corruption, copyright infringement, and spying activity.
Although no evidence has been found to support any of these claims i always say there's no smoke without fire.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 12:08   #3
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42
And this is the same Huawei that have been accused of potential violations related to immigration, bribery, corruption, copyright infringement, and spying activity.
Although no evidence has been found to support any of these claims i always say there's no smoke without fire.
Whilst I can't comment on this specific example, the "no smoke without fire" philosophy is an awful one to live by. It effectively means that the more disingenuous source will always win, after all, they'll be the ones to sow rumors and heresay first. In a world such as today's, where misinformation spreads like wildfire, it doesn't make sense to fan the flames.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 12:10   #4
Impatience
Supermodder

Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.
Thing is, 3Gbps.. Is that going to make a massive difference, when the upgraded AC will be at 7Gbps? Only new tech (and high end ones at that..) will be able to use it for the first few years anyway!
Example, I have an AC router, but nothing that can currently use AC wifi!
Impatience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 12:27   #5
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
Whilst I can't comment on this specific example, the "no smoke without fire" philosophy is an awful one to live by. It effectively means that the more disingenuous source will always win, after all, they'll be the ones to sow rumors and heresay first. In a world such as today's, where misinformation spreads like wildfire, it doesn't make sense to fan the flames.
It's not one i live by everyday, but in the case of Huawei I'm more inclined to.
Looking at the amount and who are making the claims does tend to raise some questions.

Last edited by Corky42; 2nd Jun 2014 at 14:59. Reason: i am 2 I'm
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 14:38   #6
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've got one of the older ones of these I find it really useful if my phone can't get a I/n signal that always does and it's great for watching the BBC I player when out.

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 18:16   #7
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Sounds more like Apple to me
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 19:07   #8
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Good call! Better switch all your networking gear to Cisco...oh wait...
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 19:42   #9
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
... i always say there's no smoke without fire.
"no smoke without fire" is one of the most disturbing, and disturbingly increasingly prevalent, ideas in modern life. Forget ascertaining facts, forget collecting evidence, forget principals such as habeas corpus, innocent until proven guilty, forget hundreds of years of hard-fought for laws to protect the innocent from the powerful, what you're essentially saying is 'we have an accusation and so an accusation is enough to determine guilt'.

phhh!

The worse the crime someone is accused of, the MORE the need for actual proof of guilt, not less.

Here's another couple of glib sayings:

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."
"As ye sow, so shall ye reap."

etc, etc, etc...
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 20:19   #10
hyperion
Supermodder

hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.
For corporations of this size my standard approach is guilty by default, and when they're proven innocent (every time), still guilty.
hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2014, 20:27   #11
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_T View Post
"no smoke without fire" is one of the most disturbing, and disturbingly increasingly prevalent, ideas in modern life. Forget ascertaining facts, forget collecting evidence, forget principals such as habeas corpus, innocent until proven guilty, forget hundreds of years of hard-fought for laws to protect the innocent from the powerful, what you're essentially saying is 'we have an accusation and so an accusation is enough to determine guilt'.
Well if Huawei was being tried in a court of law you may have had a point, but as what i stated is a personal opinion about my mistrust in Huawei, evidence and all the other things you mention mean diddly.

If i heard rumors of Jimmy Savile being a pedo i would have a similar distrust, even if there was no evidence to convict him, It's better to be safe than sorry. When it comes to peoples personal life they can make what ever judgments they like, even if there is no evidence, just look at religion, or any other beliefs people hold.

TLDR; No one tells people they must not believe in something if it can't stand up in a court of law.
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 14:54   #12
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Corky, I didn't say you couldn't mistrust Huawei, but you said "...i always say..." implying that you feel that way about everything. I was just giving my opinion, in a public forum, like you gave you opinion, in a public forum, that I think that's a very silly principal to live by.

There's actually very often smoke without fire. Sometimes it occurs naturally, or by coincidence. Sometimes people, and organisations, spend a lot of time and effort chucking smoke bombs about, with the sole purpose of making people think there's a fire, Sometimes they even do it to disguise their own fires.

But congratulations for bringing paedophiles into a discussion about Wi-Fi to shore-up your argument though.
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 15:56   #13
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

John_T, Ahh i forget sometimes that this is the Bit-tech forums and a lot of people take things so literally and out of context.

I would have thought that seeing as the phrase i used was in a topic about a particular company, that it would have been seen as being specific to that company, not as a general rules that i live by

Maybe it would help if you looked up the meaning of "there's no smoke without fire" and learned what an idiom is

Last edited by Corky42; 3rd Jun 2014 at 16:10.
Old 4th Jun 2014, 00:56   #14
John_T
Supermodder

Sorry Corky, that's my mistake, I was replying to what you actually said as opposed to what you meant, but not to worry. Also, not really sure why you want to explain something that I already demonstrably understand, but I assume you're just trying to be helpful, so thanks anyway.

By the way, TLDR is generally given to mean 'To Long, Didn't Read', so not really applicable to something that is short and has been read. (Just trying to be helpful back).

Anyway, I think it's clear we disagree on this one. Not the end of the world...

Tags
5ghz, 802.11, 802.11ac, 802.11ac-2013, 802.11ax, huawei, wi-fi, wifi, wireless network, wireless networking