bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Jun 2014, 13:42   #1
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Asus Reveals Maximus VII Impact, Formula, Ares III and ROG peripherals

Asus Reveals Maximus VII Impact, Formula, Ares III and ROG peripherals

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...-maximus-vii/1
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 13:46   #2
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That all reads just like an ASUS marketing bulletin...
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 13:50   #3
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almightyrastus View Post
That all reads just like an ASUS marketing bulletin...
It was a bit too big a press release to go in the usual marketing section - I did mention it was Asus' blurb but I've highlighted this fact now
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 13:53   #4
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ahh, that explains it then. Didn't seem like the usual writing style
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 13:55   #5
montymole
Rigid Tubist

montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
the boards all look very nice nothing compelling for an upgrade if you have a formula vi unless the vi can squeeze more from the 4790k than the vi lets see some Benchmarks soon
montymole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 14:08   #6
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
The G20 looks stunning, though I wonder about its true cooling ability when under load...
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 14:31   #7
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
On the front of styling, someone needs to stop watching Transformers.

The Impact VII looks great but I'll wait for the review to see what the price is going to be as I think it is going to be over the 150 mark and it will be very hard to justify it against the performance of other Z97 ITX boards. I long to be surprised.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 14:54   #8
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
They all look good, but that looks incredibly like a sigma for the E in ares.
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 14:56   #9
GeorgeK
Bit-Tech Keyboard Overlord

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Perhaps that's because it's the sum of their efforts...

*gets coat*
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 14:58   #10
ev1lm1nd666
Multimodder

ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Looks good, may be interested in the keyboard for future upgrade, love the red and black motif
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 15:01   #11
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
I'd like an even further scaled down version of the GR8 marketed as a "SteamOS streamer" with hardware just fast enough to receive 1080p streaming...
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 16:03   #12
AlphaAngel
Hypermodder

AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.
As someone who needs a powerful notebook but not really for gaming, the ROG GX500 gaming notebook could be a serious Apple MBP rival depending on price and build quality. I look forward to seeing more on this.

I hope they lose the red though (I know it is the ROG colour, bit it just looks better in white), the one thing that has always appealed to me about Asus' gaming laptops is that they don't look like gaming laptops.
4670k/Asus 280x TOP/Asus Maximus Gene VI/8GB Corsair Vengence/Fractal Design Define Mini/Asus Xonar D2X/Samsumg 128GB 840 Pro/Samsung 500GB 840 Evo/Corsair AX 860/Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced/Dell U2412HM
AlphaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 16:49   #13
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Some of these actually do have me quite excited. As said, the laptop could potentially be fantastic if the build quality is of that of the MBP, and it's priced right. I can't see it being anything close to cheap with that display! Likewise, the monitor also looks pretty damn awesome to me!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 17:05   #14
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog View Post
On the front of styling, someone needs to stop watching Transformers.

The Impact VII looks great but I'll wait for the review to see what the price is going to be as I think it is going to be over the 150 mark and it will be very hard to justify it against the performance of other Z97 ITX boards. I long to be surprised.
The last Impact was 220 when launched, and took a while to drop below 200. The new one is likely to be the same, which I find slightly bonkers as it requires less materials to make and doesn't add features found in other ATX boards of the same series.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 17:55   #15
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Heh. I just picked up the ASUS Z97i-Plus and couldn't love it more. The Impact I was looking at, but I don't need LN2 nor the higher price tag...

Dat G20 and GX500 though........ DAMN girl. That's sexy.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 22:37   #16
Noob?
Dremel?

Noob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The AresIII, the Formula VII: :drool:

Why don't they just come out with it and do a mATX version of the Formula VII! I'd have one!
Noob? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2014, 00:10   #17
RedOktober
What's a Dremel?

RedOktober has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Laptop sound awesome but some how don't think you'll be able to run many games at full whack detail in 4K and it is probably going to cost an arm and both your legs!
RedOktober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2014, 09:00   #18
wardogz
Minimodder

wardogz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
KB looks nice, but not nice enough to sway me away from Corsairs Cherry MX RGB.
wardogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2014, 09:06   #19
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob? View Post
The AresIII, the Formula VII: :drool:

Why don't they just come out with it and do a mATX version of the Formula VII! I'd have one!
The formula looks like last year's model
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2014, 09:09   #20
N17 dizzi
Packet of mints and a Phillips head

N17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I would think those G14 threads are going to make it quite a popular board..
N17 dizzi is offline   Reply With Quote