bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Jun 2014, 10:00   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Rockstar announces GTAV for PC, Xbox One, PS4

Better graphics, better weather.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...star-gtav-pc/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2014, 10:22   #2
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Let's hope it's optimised better then their last effort.
Old 10th Jun 2014, 10:59   #3
Fracture
Minimodder

Fracture has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've read a lot of comments from disheartened PC gamers regarding the delay of the PC release of GTA V. I for one am really excited to finally be able to jump into the game and I appreciate that Rockstar took the time to take it up a level before bringing it to PC.

I really hope that the game is given the PC port it deserves.
Fracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2014, 11:04   #4
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
looks nice enough, I did not purchase on PS3 as I didn't want a compromised version, fingers crossed this comes across well and they have done a good job on the engine, won't be pre-ordering though based on the GTA4 PC engine performance rubbishness. I will await the face offs that will inevitably happen.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2014, 11:12   #5
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm just hopeful that the new engine will not require much optimisation between the "next-gen" platforms.

If it brings the most mighty PC to its knees whilst only producing the same visual fidelity as an Xbone or PS4 then they will have failed (again).
Old 10th Jun 2014, 12:46   #6
the-beast
Modder

the-beast has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Here's hoping for DRM free on GOG.COM
the-beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2014, 13:00   #7
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm expecting it to be unoptimised whilst requiring always on anal probe DRM technology.
Old 10th Jun 2014, 14:40   #8
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie View Post
I'm expecting it to be unoptimised whilst requiring always on anal probe DRM technology.
If Rockstar learned anything from their GTA4 release, I think they'll try a bit harder. They lost sales and damaged their reputation from that mess so it'd be wise they not pull that crap again.

Considering the new gen consoles are basically heavily modified x86 PCs, I'm sure the new GTA will be much more playable.
Old 10th Jun 2014, 15:22   #9
t5kcannon
Modder

t5kcannon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is excellent news. Can't wait!
t5kcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2014, 15:34   #10
dstarr3
Minimodder

dstarr3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ahhh, PC. The land where, if you wait long enough, any game can be had for sub-$10. Can't wait!
dstarr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2014, 20:59   #11
fix-the-spade
Hypermodder

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
Well one thing will be certain, it won't be on GFWL, so it's already up one point on GTA4.

Of course Rockstar being Rockstar GTA V may still be on GFWL.
fix-the-spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2014, 21:15   #12
Jim
Ineptimodder

Jim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for president
I'm sure they'll find a way to put it on GFWL, Social Club, uPlay and Origin all at the same time.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2014, 03:46   #13
toolio20
Modder

toolio20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by snootyjim
I'm sure they'll find a way to put it on GFWL, Social Club, uPlay and Origin all at the same time.
Totally. The only company that hates PC gamers more than Scroobisoft is Kockstar...
toolio20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2014, 04:31   #14
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Isn't it based on the same engine (RAGE) as Max Payne 3 which had a great port?
Old 11th Jun 2014, 09:21   #15
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

I was under the impression that Rockstar were producing a "next-gen" engine. I agree that Max Payne 3 was a great port (and in places one of the more stunning games released), but it's be lovely to see a game as ambitious as GTA in a proper futuristic engine.

'Tis a shame we'll have to wait until GTA VI to experience the loveliness.
Old 11th Jun 2014, 09:44   #16
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've been waiting patiently for this, can't wait to get my teeth stuck into! I'll still be waiting until Halo 5 launches to buy an XBO.

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 00:28   #17
jimmyjj
Hypermodder

jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quietly excited.

Looking forward to it hugely, but not convinced they will not screw up the port.

Tags
e3 2014, grand theft auto 5, grand theft auto online, grand theft auto v, gta online, gta5, gtav, gtav pc, pc gaming, rockstar, sony, windows gaming