bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Jun 2014, 09:56   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
My favourite things at Computex 2014

Matthew reminisces about the wonders on display in Taipei this year.
http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2014/06...computex-2014/
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 10:52   #2
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
That Raijin AIO looks nice, too bad about those screws on the fans. It looks very unprofessionnal

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 11:00   #3
Impatience
Supermodder

Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.
I have to say.. Hit the nail on the head with favourite things! I love those RGB keyboards, the Air 240 and that Raijintek AIO!
Impatience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 11:06   #4
Impatience
Supermodder

Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
That Raijin AIO looks nice, too bad about those screws on the fans. It looks very unprofessionnal

They may go the route of black screws.. But still, at that price, I could get new screws and still be cheaper than most the competition!
Old 12th Jun 2014, 11:24   #5
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
They may go the route of black screws.. But still, at that price, I could get new screws and still be cheaper than most the competition!
Yes ... it's just not the way to expose something at the Computex. I'd like a pump/wb/res combo like this one.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 12:06   #6
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
Looks to me like they've been taking the screws out to show the radiator behind the fans; note that several screws aren't fully screwed in, and others are missing entirely. I'd imagine they simply put enough screws in far enough that the fans wouldn't fall off, in order to make taking 'em off next time somebody wants a picture of the radiator sans-fans easier. S'what I'd do.
Old 12th Jun 2014, 12:19   #7
David164v8
Supermodder

David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is the Raijintek also expandable to the GPU etc?
David164v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 12:19   #8
Impatience
Supermodder

Best of all is they're planning to have them in stores by the end of July! I emailed them, to check on the release date. As opposed to the date in X weeks time.. (i'm not good with dates!)

@David, it is expandable (standard G1/4 fittings) and apparently the pump *should* be powerful enough to extend with a single GPU block and still work.. Block dependant, i'd assume! So that's me settled on buying one!
Old 12th Jun 2014, 12:45   #9
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.
Got to love the massive air bubble in the tube. Really un-pro display. The idea sounds nice but this is very poor execution.
Any way is the reservoir not supposed to be at the highest point in the loop to ketch any air in the system? In AIO systems thats not so important because they are supposed to QA to make sure it is 99.9% full. I guess this is just a very early test sample.......
Amp: DENON PMA510AE, Speakers: TANNOY MERCURY F1

Last edited by MSHunter; 12th Jun 2014 at 13:06.
MSHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 13:04   #10
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
air bubble....
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 13:41   #11
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It doesn't matter where in the loop a res is as long as the 'res in' tube is above the 'res out' tube. Air from the 'res in' tube will be pushed through the tubing and once in the res will rise to the top leaving only coolant to continue to flow on and out. To ease this process you can manually hold the res up to the highest point and once the air has entered and separated in the res, move and fix the res to your chosen desired location.

I have recently seen several comments regarding the noise of AIO pumps, as a new comer to this area I want to know 'are they really that loud'? I thought water cooling in general was supposed to lower noise, not increase it.

On a different note, I am very eager for the new Corsair RGB keyboards but the one I would be waiting for (if it was confirmed) would be a K65? version without the number pad. Any news on if Corsair plans to release one at some point in the future?
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 15:17   #12
David164v8
Supermodder

David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.David164v8 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impatience
Best of all is they're planning to have them in stores by the end of July! I emailed them, to check on the release date. As opposed to the date in X weeks time.. (i'm not good with dates!)

@David, it is expandable (standard G1/4 fittings) and apparently the pump *should* be powerful enough to extend with a single GPU block and still work.. Block dependant, i'd assume! So that's me settled on buying one!
Great, hopefully its as thin as the H100i to fit in the 250D.
David164v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 15:41   #13
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
That eco motherboard is very interesting to me. I'm surprised the premise isn't more common, but just to be clear - is it only software controlled or can you also disable things via EFI/BIOS?. I also don't understand why white PCBs aren't more common. I only remember 1 other white PCB board made by Sapphire.
Old 12th Jun 2014, 17:27   #14
dstarr3
Minimodder

dstarr3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't wait for the Logitech G-series keyboards to go mechanical. I have an early G15, and I love the eighteen macro keys, the backlighting, and the screen. The Corsair keyboard above looks brilliant, except it doesn't have the screen I've gotten VERY used to. The screen can be programmed to display so much useful information, I don't think I could do without it anymore.
dstarr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2014, 19:40   #15
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Something that I haven't seen covered on Bit-Tech was the new stuff from Cryorig... I have to say that both the CPU Tower coolers and the customisable case fans have me intrigued, although I am not to impressed with the name for the case fan range... RIMS. I mean I don't fancy giving my PC case a RIM job.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/cry...ims,27041.html
Old 13th Jun 2014, 00:29   #16
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog View Post
Something that I haven't seen covered on Bit-Tech was the new stuff from Cryorig... I have to say that both the CPU Tower coolers and the customisable case fans have me intrigued
You mean aside from the news story I wrote covering both those things?
Old 13th Jun 2014, 03:40   #17
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

OK, fair enough Gareth you did. They were not covered though as part of Computex where they actually had them on display.
Old 13th Jun 2014, 05:08   #18
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I wish MSI would use that white and lime colorscheme on an ATX motherboard with m.2, and no PCI slots, no vga dsub, or other legacy connectors. It's been way too long since there have been some nice white PCB motherboards. That could be a good move to set themselves apart instead of using black and red like pretty much everyone else on everything.
[end of line] intel xeon x3460 | evga p55 sli | 8gb mushkin blackline | evga gtx670 | seagate 600 240gb | creative titanium hd | seasonic ss460fl | gh60 keyboard | logitech g700 | achieva shimian qh270
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2014, 08:57   #19
thom804
Multimodder

thom804 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That Silverstone prototype successor to the TJ11 looked nuts!
Can't wait to be able to afford a desk large enough to accommodate it.
Asus P67 Sabertooth // Intel 2500k @4.6ghz // 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1600 // XFX 7870 2GB DD edition // 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD // 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 HDD // Gelid Tranquillo // Corsair HX 750w PSU // Silverstone FT02B-W
thom804 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2014, 09:07   #20
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You'd need to afford a house large enough to accommodate it.

Cryorig RIMS modular fans look cheesecake though.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computex, computex 2014