bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Jun 2014, 09:51   #1
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Murdered: Soul Suspect Review

Rick takes a reluctant look at Murdered: Soul Suspect
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...spect-review/1
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2014, 10:20   #2
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
Great review, but definitely made complete by "I can hardly praise the tasty mint on top of my pillow if the entire hotel is on fire"

Shall have to remember that one!

I'm very much liking the honest and just simply different reviews recently with much more of the personality of the reviewer than just facts and observations...
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2014, 10:53   #3
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This is one of those rare occasions where a scathing (and highly amusing) review of a game only serves to intrigue me further.

If I can liberate a copy for next to no cash at some point in the future I'll blast though it for the comedy.

What is a shame is that done right, this sort of game could really bring something new to the table. There are plenty of non-gamers who would be intrigued if genuinely AAA titles were being released in this genre - just look at the success of fairly mediocre detective games on mobile devices.
Old 18th Jun 2014, 12:04   #4
stanonwheels
What's a Dremel?

stanonwheels has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder View Post
Great review, but definitely made complete by "I can hardly praise the tasty mint on top of my pillow if the entire hotel is on fire"

I'm very much liking the honest and just simply different reviews recently with much more of the personality of the reviewer than just facts and observations...
Completely agree, best line I've read in a while
stanonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2014, 12:42   #5
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great review Rick. I caught some of the early preview and walk-through vids of this, and all your criticisms are evident there; cliche dialogue, obvious plot points and Ghooossst waaaallls.

Top review.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2014, 17:15   #6
raxonb
Multimodder

raxonb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This game certainly has some mixed reviews. The score here is the lowest I've seen at 25%, whereas elsewhere I've seen a highly praised 8/10. Whilst the game has its obvious flaws as mentioned in this review, I did actually enjoy playing it.

The graphics are good, as are the voiceovers, but why you can't enter buildings unless a door/window is open yet once inside you can walk through walls...I still don't really understand the explanation for that!

The layout of the town is nothing ground breaking, but I did like the way ghost elements of the towns past was overlapped with the present. The game is very linear and there really is no replay value either. Also the side quests/collectables do not unlock anything or reward you in any way. And the demons end up being a pain in the arse, halting your progress more than anything.

The idea of being a ghost and solving your own murder is a great one. This game could have been so much more, instead its trapped between being a third person and point-and-click adventure. I give this a slightly better 4/10.

To Be This Good Takes AGES...
To Be This Good Takes SEGA
raxonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2014, 17:26   #7
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As usual... cool idea for adventure game, fail in execution. It seems like it's been forever since there was some real quality adventure games. I really wish well regarded established studios would take the genre seriously again and do some high quality adventure releases. As I get older I find myself wanting these kinds of games more and more over shooters and other fast paced action types. Good ones are so few and far between and I get tired of replaying the best ones which are from 10+ years ago over and over.
[end of line] intel xeon x3460 | evga p55 sli | 8gb mushkin blackline | evga gtx670 | seagate 600 240gb | creative titanium hd | seasonic ss460fl | gh60 keyboard | logitech g700 | achieva shimian qh270
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2014, 20:01   #8
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The main character shares the same last name as me, I was really banking on this game taking off so O'Connor could be a household name just like Master Chief or Nathan Drake but alas. The plot even sounded cool from the start but if it's really that bad I guess I better avoid it until it's in a bargain bin or steam puts it on a major sale. There will be a famous O'Connor one day, ONE DAY!
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2014, 21:48   #9
cjmUK
Old git.

cjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run Crysis
Having had a choice of free games with my new 280X gfx card, I opted for the interesting-sounding, yet-to-be-release MSS.... One hour in, I'm regretting the waste of bandwidth and disk space. [sigh]
Old 20th Jun 2014, 02:43   #10
RickLane
Staff
bit-tech Staff

RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.RickLane is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder

Glad you enjoyed! Since the departure from Dennis we've had a bit of a change in editorial policy that allows me greater flexibility than what I had previously. I don't think it's massively different from what I was doing before. But the extra wiggle room certainly helps.
RickLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2014, 14:17   #11
demastes
What's a Dremel?

demastes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
glad i read this. its sat on my steam wish list and there is shall stay until its 75% cheaper (or i win the summer sale thingy)
great review.
demastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2014, 21:47   #12
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
There could be a man lying in the road with a tyre tracks smeared across his squashed body, and a note pinned to his chest saying "I ran the ******* over. Yours Sincerely, Bell Killer," and O'Connor would stand there for five minutes wondering what the cause of death was.
LOL

Well written article. Good stuff.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2014, 22:38   #13
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
You people need to play Deadly Premonition.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote