1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Playstation 4 introduces pre-loading

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 19 Jun 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It's a good idea but the prices of games are always stupidly higher when buying it on the consoles though from what I have noticed.

I know it's Xbox but Ghosts on the Xbox Store is about £55 but you can buy it brand new on disc for £35 from places, and to be honest I can handle waiting a day or two if required in order to not over pay for games.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

^^ second hand ghosts is about a tenner ;)

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

The console game price mark-up is borderline obscene...

I worked it out a while ago that assuming my entire Steam library was purchased at full release-day price (it wasn't) and that the Steam price is £10 cheaper than the boxed release price of the console equivalent, then I have saved more than £1000 before factoring in sale prices etc. which actually offsets the cost of my decent spec rig in the first place....

5. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Nice, now PS4 owners can waste their money and be the first to own games that run like carp, yeh Watch Dogs, talking about you :rolleyes:

6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Might just be me, but the Transformers font on that picture had me scratching my head for a few seconds, wondering what exactly happens when a Dark Spank Rises.

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Nice, i wonder if Microsoft will do something similar on Xbox, i know a few people with slow connections having to wait upwards of 24h just to download a game.

Sam

Tags: Add Tags