bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Jun 2014, 10:48   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
STALKER spiritual successor Areal hits Kickstarter

Some of the developers of STALKER have unveiled Areal, a spiritual successor to the series.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...al-hits-kick/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2014, 11:47   #2
ltlukelt
Multimodder

ltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremelltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremelltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremelltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremelltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would wait until this is proven legitimate.

See here.
ltlukelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2014, 12:14   #3
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.suenstar is definitely a rep cheat.
One bit to note on the link that ltlukelt posted is this post that was put up by one of the Vostok Games employees:

Quote:
Oleg Yavorsky - PR Director of Vostok Games (Former GSC Game World PR Director)

So that you understand, over the years of development of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and then Metro series, there have been literally hundreds of people involved in working on various bits and pieces, starting from beta-testers up to modellers responsible for certain weapon models. Many people came to the studio to work for a few months just for the sake of adding “S.T.A.L.K.E.R. development” to their portfolio. Frequently they claimed afterwards to be the 'core' developers behind the game - you wouldn't know anyway, right?). Yet, my biggest concern is that West Games are using the footage and assets of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and representing them as their own, which is not only illegal, but simply just not right. I guess it's all made for the sake of getting extra publicity (which unfortunately works), but guys on Kickstarter should probably pay attention"
Looks like that KickStarter might be stuck in a bit of a legal debate for a while, or even fully taken down if they're in the wrong.
Old 25th Jun 2014, 13:51   #4
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
Interesting that they're named West Games, when another company composed of former GSC developers is called Vostok (East) Games!
Main: Silverstone FT03 | Asus P8P67-M Pro | i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz | CM 212+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon 7970 DD | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | CM Silent Pro Gold 600W | Samsung XL2270HD | KBT Race (brown switches) | Sidewinder X8 | Arch Linux + Windows 8.1
Server: Asus M3N78-AM | Athlon II X3 400e | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 4x 2TB Samsung F4EG (RAID-5) | LSI MegaRAID 8708EM2 | Corsair CX400 | Arch Linux
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2014, 16:30   #5
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlukelt View Post
I would wait until this is proven legitimate.

See here.
Either your link is broken or the thread's been deleted.

Quote:
Oleg Yavorsky - PR Director of Vostok Games (Former GSC Game World PR Director)

Yet, my biggest concern is that West Games are using the footage and assets of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and representing them as their own, which is not only illegal, but simply just not right. I guess it's all made for the sake of getting extra publicity (which unfortunately works), but guys on Kickstarter should probably pay attention"
That was what struck me when I watched the promo video. "Wait, these guys have the rights to use that footage?.."

At first I thought "Maybe they do, due to their involvement in STALKER?", but as the video wore on all I saw were clips of non-descript game developers working in an office interspersed with shameless footage of gameplay from the STALKER games attached to descriptions of what that this 'Areal' game would be and do.
They didn't once happen to mention that the footage shown was of STALKER, and not of Areal.

The whole thing stinks of a scam.
Old 25th Jun 2014, 16:50   #6
ltlukelt
Multimodder

ltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremelltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremelltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremelltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremelltlukelt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurechial View Post
Either your link is broken or the thread's been deleted.
Looks like it was deleted. Their Kickstarter page has been updated:

Quote:
We have contacted Vostok Games about their supposed claim that we are fraudulent. They say that they have no relation to that claim and have since deleted the forum topic (https://forum.survarium.com/en/viewt...17&t=3450#wrap) wherein a moderator accused us of being fake. The Kickstarter comments section has been completely hijacked by a couple of people, and even if we comment there, our posts will be ignored and buried. Misery LTD in particular is developing another post apocalyptic video game and is stirring controversy to attract people to his Kickstarter project. I hope that you, our supporters, can see through this deliberate negativity and help us make an awesome game with Areal. Update 2 is coming later today, and will clarify things even further.
It's so obviously a scam. Just take a look at their website. Hardly professional.
ltlukelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2014, 22:44   #7
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlukelt
It's so obviously a scam. Just take a look at their website. Hardly professional.
"Knock Knock"
"Who's there?"
"The nineties..."

Tags
areal, kickstarter, metro last light, open world, stalker, survival horror, west games