bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Jul 2014, 11:52   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
GameStop looking to fund exclusive DLC

GameStop is looking to fund game development in exchange for exclusive content.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...xclusive-dlc/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2014, 12:27   #2
pantalaimon
Minimodder

pantalaimon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like an act of desperation to me.

Mind you, high street vendors have been touting exclusive cosmetics for many years. The key difference is that they want to fund it now.
pantalaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2014, 12:29   #3
pantalaimon
Minimodder

pantalaimon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
-snip
pantalaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2014, 14:09   #4
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Inb4 new Mass Effect DLC with Commander Shepard saying Gamestop is his favourite store on the citadel.
Old 11th Jul 2014, 17:53   #5
BD Hopkins
Minimodder

BD Hopkins has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gamestop "Aiming to support developers?" If you were able to type that subheadline without throwing up in your mouth, I worry about you.

No. They are aiming to steer more sales towards their stores, as any business would. Normally this shouldn't need to be said, because it's as apparent as a keyboard having keys, but had to go and add that headline.
BD Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2014, 18:00   #6
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Hopkins
Gamestop "Aiming to support developers?" If you were able to type that subheadline without throwing up in your mouth, I worry about you.

No. They are aiming to steer more sales towards their stores, as any business would. Normally this shouldn't need to be said, because it's as apparent as a keyboard having keys, but had to go and add that headline.
I did a little mouth-vomit myself, reading that subtitle....

"Aiming to make great wads of cash" would be better - and fair play to them, since that's the business they're (trying to be) in.

It does smack of desperation though.
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2014, 23:35   #7
fix-the-spade
Hypermodder

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's just a little ironic that the company that effectively forced the creation of Online Passes and digital distribution by pushing second hand now finds itself having to directly fund development to prop up it's own sales in the face of digital distribution.
fix-the-spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2014, 14:29   #8
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-the-spade View Post
It's just a little ironic that the company that effectively forced the creation of Online Passes and digital distribution by pushing second hand now finds itself having to directly fund development to prop up it's own sales in the face of digital distribution.
It definitely is, but this is one of those "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" situations. To me the really stupid thing is how anyone cares enough about a game to go out of their way to visit gamestop (as either a website or their physical stores) to get DLC that should have come with the game in the first place.

Tags
exclusive dlc, gamestop, pre orders