bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Jul 2014, 12:26   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
EA upgrades all The Sims 2 owners to Ultimate Edition

The last update the game will ever get.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...mate-edition/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2014, 12:44   #2
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.
Is there hope yet that they could give everyone with a copy of SimCity a free upgrade to Sim City 4?
Old 17th Jul 2014, 13:45   #3
fix-the-spade
Hypermodder

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2412
Is there hope yet that they could give everyone with a copy of SimCity a free upgrade to Sim City 4?
Sure, just another eight years and seven months to wait.
fix-the-spade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2014, 14:25   #4
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Not that I'm complaining about free games but I think I'd much rather have free expansions to games I already own than have games given away for free that I may have already bought. I feel people are much less inclined to buy an expansion or DLC than the "root" game. I feel like this idea is much more in EA's interest.
Old 17th Jul 2014, 18:19   #5
rpsgc
Multimodder

rpsgc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I certainly didn't expect this, not from EA.
rpsgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2014, 09:27   #6
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
EA has apparently decided it's too much work to verify that people have a physical copy of the game, so The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition is now completely free for everyone. Add it to your Origin basket, then use the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS to apply a 100% discount. Not bad, EA, not bad at all.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2014, 15:58   #7
JaccoW
Overspender on keyboards

JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree
EA has apparently decided it's too much work to verify that people have a physical copy of the game, so The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition is now completely free for everyone. Add it to your Origin basket, then use the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS to apply a 100% discount. Not bad, EA, not bad at all.
Exactly, I was hanging on the phone, trying to get my copy registered and entered the code while waiting.

They have been kind of courteous. I have had Peggle, Dead Space and Plants vs. Zombies from them as well.
- Zalman Z-Machine GT-1000 - DFI LanParty DK P45-T2RS PLUS - Intel C2Q Q9550 - Corsair Dominator 8GB PC2-8500 - MSI GTX460 1GB OC 'Cyclone' - Asus Xonar D2X - Thermolab Baram - OCZ Vertex 60GB, WD Green 3TB, WD Black 1TB- Corsair HX520
- Keyboards: Duck Orion TKL, Déck Legend Frost, Keycool 87 LE 'Year of the Dragon', Leopold FC660M, Leopold 210TP, Raptor K1 Gaming
Mechanical Keyboards? Check my Pearltree Shirty: Jacco, the king of crap?
JaccoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2014, 16:12   #8
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaccoW View Post
Exactly, I was hanging on the phone, trying to get my copy registered and entered the code while waiting.

They have been kind of courteous. I have had Peggle, Dead Space and Plants vs. Zombies from them as well.
They're all games they don't make money from anymore and likely never will, but if you hadn't noticed, they're all games that either have expansion packs or sequels to them. It's basically just a marketing ploy for EA to encourage people to buy the newer games. I thought it was pretty strange they gave away BF3 so quickly but I think the idea behind that was "this is an advanced and graphically amazing game, but we have something even better, for a price".
Old 24th Jul 2014, 16:28   #9
JaccoW
Overspender on keyboards

JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.JaccoW is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, even if it is cheap marketing. It probably works.
Basic business calculations
- Zalman Z-Machine GT-1000 - DFI LanParty DK P45-T2RS PLUS - Intel C2Q Q9550 - Corsair Dominator 8GB PC2-8500 - MSI GTX460 1GB OC 'Cyclone' - Asus Xonar D2X - Thermolab Baram - OCZ Vertex 60GB, WD Green 3TB, WD Black 1TB- Corsair HX520
- Keyboards: Duck Orion TKL, Déck Legend Frost, Keycool 87 LE 'Year of the Dragon', Leopold FC660M, Leopold 210TP, Raptor K1 Gaming
Mechanical Keyboards? Check my Pearltree Shirty: Jacco, the king of crap?
JaccoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jul 2014, 11:24   #10
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It seem EA have gone one step further.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to...te-collection/
Quote:
Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library. To add the game, just follow these steps:

Note, if you already have another version of The Sims 2 installed, make sure you backup your The Sims 2 saves and uninstall your version of The Sims 2, either automatically or manually, before following these directions.

Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code
I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.

Thanks for being a passionate The Sims fan, and enjoy your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This code will available for redemption until July 31st, 2014 at 10AM PDT.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jul 2014, 17:54   #11
JohnRogers24
Minimodder

JohnRogers24 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just got it for free. Will probably never play it but still.
JohnRogers24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea, electronic arts, origin, the sims, the sims 2