bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: What colour should it be painted?
Red 10 34.48%
Blue 5 17.24%
Silver 3 10.34%
Black 7 24.14%
Mixed 8 27.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st Jul 2014, 14:33   #1
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
My Now finished mean Computer Numerical Control machine build

Ok I've always thought a CNC machine could be fun but most I've seen are 1, to big to get up the stairs lol and 2, cost around 20k .

So I saw the Shapeoko kit for only 660 not big but expandable and upgradable, seems just the thing.

So I ordered the kit, and will be posting my progress in this log, it should end up looking something like this when finished

bt was once a great and vibrant forum wtf happened to it? , there must be a Hex on us back to mediocrity Get back under your bridges you scummy Troll's and STFU Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 14.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed

Last edited by Teelzebub; 13th Mar 2015 at 11:53.
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2014, 14:57   #2
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan

Looking forward to this, Tel - can't wait to see it up and running.

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|GTX 980|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2014, 15:29   #3
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Can't wait to put an order in! Mates' rates of course
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2014, 16:47   #4
Teelzebub

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post

Looking forward to this, Tel - can't wait to see it up and running.
You and me both lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Can't wait to put an order in! Mates' rates of course
Yeah of course
bt was once a great and vibrant forum wtf happened to it? , there must be a Hex on us back to mediocrity Get back under your bridges you scummy Troll's and STFU Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 14.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Old 21st Jul 2014, 17:03   #5
Teelzebub

Right first job is to make the rollers up everything is there just in 100's of bits lol so to make it a bit easier I put a screw in the vice like so

Next after getting all the bits together I start with placing one of the bearings on the screw

These are going to be the V slot rollers and there's a lot of them comprising of two bearings and a spacer and the roller, the roller is pushed on the bearing

With the spacer / washer fitted

Second bearing in place, one done 25 to go
Old 21st Jul 2014, 19:12   #6
Teelzebub

And finally all the pulley's including the flat belt one's done

Last edited by Teelzebub; 21st Jul 2014 at 19:48.
Old 21st Jul 2014, 22:09   #7
dynamis_dk
Grr... Grumpy!!

dynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'll keep an eye on this too, would like to make myself a CNC machine and started to collect printer parts to look at salvaging something - unfortunately I haven't the time so a build like this is far more up my street.

What do you get in the kit?
Is the spindle included? Is a Dremel type machine or something a little heavier duty?
What's the accuracy like on these? PCB routing possible?
Old 21st Jul 2014, 22:15   #8
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
Ok I've always thought a CNC machine could be fun but most I've seen are 1, to big to get up the stairs lol and 2, cost around 20k .

So I saw the Shapeoko kit for only 660 not big but expandable and upgradable, seems just the thing.

So I ordered the kit, and will be posting my progress in this log, it should end up looking something like this when finished

Get thy temptations behind me, Satan!

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2014, 22:28   #9
Teelzebub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamis_dk View Post
I'll keep an eye on this too, would like to make myself a CNC machine and started to collect printer parts to look at salvaging something - unfortunately I haven't the time so a build like this is far more up my street.

What do you get in the kit?
Is the spindle included? Is a Dremel type machine or something a little heavier duty?
What's the accuracy like on these? PCB routing possible?
For the 660 you get everything including the spindle and the tools needed to build it.

The spindle that comes with it seems a lot more powerful than a normal dremel

From what I've read it's accurate enough to do PCB work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Get thy temptations behind me, Satan!
You know you want one
Old 21st Jul 2014, 23:32   #10
dynamis_dk
Grr... Grumpy!!

dynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyandynamis_dk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sounds like a great bit of kit!

I'm subbed
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 14:25   #11
Margo Baggins
I'm good at Soldering

Margo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
build build build I want to see it

Looks like a good get. You reckon will be up to machining aluminium?

i7 6700k - 8GB - GTX 1070
keyboards.
Margo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 14:33   #12
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo Baggins View Post

Custom keyboard cases?

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|GTX 980|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 14:58   #13
G0UDG
helping others costs nothing

G0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming SaiyanG0UDG is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice bit of Kit you have there Tel matey
Hard to explain to someone who has no clue. Or doesn't believe you. It's a daily struggle being in pain or feeling sick on the inside while you look fine on the outside. Please put this as your signature for at least 1 hour if you or someone you know has an invisible illness (Pancreatitis, Crohn's, PTSD, Anxiety, Bipolar, Depression, Diabetes, LUPUS, Fibromyalgia, MS,Lupus, ME, Arthritis, Cancer, Heart Disease, Epilepsy, Autism,M.D. Evan Syndrome etc.) " Never judge what you don't understand.
G0UDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 15:00   #14
jinq-sea
The Double Insulates

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I am thinking about going halvers on one of these with my old man - I am VERY keen to see how it turns out!

small(ish): i7-5960X / X99E-ITX/AC - Bitspower Block / 32Gb Ballistix / Titan X (P) / 512Gb Samsung 950 Pro NVMe / 250D
tiny: i7-4790K / Max VII Impact - EK Monoblock / 16Gb Ballistix / EVGA Titan X (M) HC / 256Gb SM951 NVMe / nCase M1
htpc/vr: i7-6700K / Z170i / 16Gb Ballistix / EVGA 1080 Founders Edition / 128Gb SM951 NVMe & Sandisk 960Gb SSD / RVZ01
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 15:04   #15
David
RIP Tel

Tel, I bet it's not a million miles away from a 3D Printer either. It'll be interesting to see just what it would take to convert it - you can buy Extruder heads for under 50...

Old 22nd Jul 2014, 15:22   #16
OrangeClockwerk
Clockwerk Industries

OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.OrangeClockwerk is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice man! I am just finishing up my CNC now, had a log on modzoo and cnczone, I would of shared with everyone here, I didn't know I could. Anyways good luck! I made a slightly custom version of a CNCRouterParts PRO4824, it was a lot of fun! Im near the end now, I need to just wire my spindle and limit switches and I can start cutting! Ill follow this one, have fun!
www.ClockwerkIndustries.com
James.Weist@ClockwerkIndustries.com
OrangeClockwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 15:35   #17
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Tel, I bet it's not a million miles away from a 3D Printer either. It'll be interesting to see just what it would take to convert it - you can buy Extruder heads for under 50...
Dave, for heaven's sake don't give him ideas
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 15:57   #18
David
RIP Tel

Quote:
Mwah ha ha ha haaaaa!

The seed has been planted!!!

Old 22nd Jul 2014, 16:06   #19
Margo Baggins
I'm good at Soldering

Margo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
I think the hardest bit would likely be making a hot plate to print onto, and I can't imagine that would even be that hard to do! But that's just a guess

i7 6700k - 8GB - GTX 1070
keyboards.
Margo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 17:48   #20
Teelzebub

Quote:

It'll definitely do aluminium, won't hack in to it at break neck speeds but will do the job

Quote:
Custom keyboard cases?
Possibly I've been washing one of my mech keyboards with Lucozade three times I've done it now ffs and it still works lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0UDG View Post
Nice bit of Kit you have there Tel matey
Hoping so

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinq-sea View Post
I am thinking about going halvers on one of these with my old man - I am VERY keen to see how it turns out!
Me too lol

If you want a link to their site let me know. They have a place in London.

Quote:
Funny though they sell 3D printers as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeClockwerk View Post
Nice man! I am just finishing up my CNC now, had a log on modzoo and cnczone, I would of shared with everyone here, I didn't know I could. Anyways good luck! I made a slightly custom version of a CNCRouterParts PRO4824, it was a lot of fun! Im near the end now, I need to just wire my spindle and limit switches and I can start cutting! Ill follow this one, have fun!
I'll get this built with all stock parts and then modify it bigger and more powerful. Is yours a kit one aswel?

Quote:
Too late

Quote:
Mwah ha ha ha haaaaa!

The seed has been planted!!!

Quote:
I think the hardest bit would likely be making a hot plate to print onto, and I can't imagine that would even be that hard to do! But that's just a guess
Why have one or the other when there's room for both

Last edited by Teelzebub; 23rd Jul 2014 at 00:02.

Tags
arise sir millzebub, i cnc said he, milling about, trigger's brush

View Mode