1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AOC offers up u3477Pqu 34in ultra-wide 3,440 x 1,440 monitor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 Jul 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

3. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

That's a smart looking monitor. I agree, WANT.

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

My idea of "reasonable" might be a little distorted these days, but that seems like bloody good value, no? Last time I looked (admittedly a fair while ago now), the 27" 16:10 with 2560x1440 monitors were close to £800...

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Having spent a fair amount of time with a 29in super-wide screen last year, I was totally sold on the aspect ratio. Only the 1080p vertical res prevented me from buying one. I can see my wallet quivering in the corner...

6. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

If I were spending this much on a monitor these days, I'd at least want G-Sync built in...and I suspect most potential customers looking for a gaming monitor will be put off because of it's absence.

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

This might actually tempt me away from running triple screens.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

21:9 monitors are the way forward!

Nothing better than playing games in an ultra wide aspect ratio. With regards to the 29”-ers I’d still recommend them over this to most people, I know some people complain about the 1080p vertical res, but I definitely don’t want to go any higher – I can’t afford the hardware to drive a 4mp display, let alone 5mp!

Its personal preference really, but I’d prefer to have a 29” with all the bells and whistles at 60fps than a 34” with lowered quality settings or a lower fps (I mean, obviously I’d rather have the best of both worlds, but until I win the lottery....!)

Still a nice display and I thoroughly recommend the aspect ratio to any and all gamers out there!

9. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

You COULD run it at the 1080p vertical res on the 34" untill you have the hardware, it's not going to look THAT much worse.. Right?

10. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Gah, these monitors are infuriating. I really like the aspect ratio and immersive effect, but the extra vertical real estate of a UHD monitor is more useful for me (much better for 3D workflows certainly). Now I'm just stuck waiting and wondering which to look into grabbing. I'll probably wait another year to see what the near future brings. Still waiting for a moderately affordable, 60Hz IPS UHD monitor to hit the market.

11. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i'd prefer to see monitors not with g-sync but freesync (adaptive-sync), which has been accepted as a vesa standard now.

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

That seems like a very good price!

Not sure if it's worth waiting a bit to see if more higher res monitors come out, maybe with higher refresh rates, or just commit to a 120hz+ monitor now, the bit-tech roundup may have finally convinced me.

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Just checked on the AOC website, this is due for release in October :)
    Looking to do an overhaul of my i7 920 based rig with a new CPU, motherboard and RAM (hopefully DDR4) as well as a new monitor, so this is looking like a viable option.

14. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

I think I'm looking at my next monitor, the PB278Q and the BenQ XL2420T are probably on their way out! :waah: :)

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I'm rocking a 4 or 5 year old iiyama Prolote E2607WSD and it's been great. I adore the large screen and I can't see myself going for anything smaller ever again to be honest. The 34" would be great with the engineering designing that I do for my consultancy job as well as gaming and movies.

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Might be some movement on this soon enough. Just checked the AOC webpage and they've removed the "available in october" from the title of the page.

Tags: Add Tags