bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Aug 2014, 09:15   #1
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Review

We've finally got our mits on Gigabyte's enthusiast Z97 mini-ITX board

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...ing-5-review/1
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2014, 14:40   #2
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just a heads up but I think you haven't updated the 'Gaming and Sound' page.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2014, 15:11   #3
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Having looked at this in greater detail, I have no doubt (and will be super amazed if I am wrong) that the ASUS Impact VII will be a 150+ board which is a shame. This board at 115 is good but lacks a few features and doesn't astound at anything in particular. It does OK and then does less than OK. The new MSI ITX board will be interesting as their Z87 board was fantastic performer, but the Impact is still quite likely where my money will be going.

Just want to point out on specific thing though with this board, I HATE that wireless adapter. Did they forget to add one and chucked it on last minute? It makes the board look so tacky and unfinished.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2014, 15:24   #4
Dam
What's a Dremel?

Dam has yet to learn the way of the DremelDam has yet to learn the way of the DremelDam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Do these Killer LAN ethernet ports actually make a difference? I notice MSI use them as well.
Dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2014, 16:18   #5
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam
Do these Killer LAN ethernet ports actually make a difference? I notice MSI use them as well.
The only difference they make is to the companies profits as they are basically selling snake-oil to gullible 'elite' gamers.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2014, 19:14   #6
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.Dogbert666 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
Just a heads up but I think you haven't updated the 'Gaming and Sound' page.
Sorry, yeah, the gaming graphs need updating. Apologies - Ant has the results, I'll get him to fix it ASAP.

Edit: Done now - thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited by Dogbert666; 11th Aug 2014 at 19:21.
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2014, 21:35   #7
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert666 View Post
Sorry, yeah, the gaming graphs need updating. Apologies - Ant has the results, I'll get him to fix it ASAP.

Edit: Done now - thanks for pointing that out.
Cheers Matt - sorry chaps, I was away from the PC for most of today.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2014, 21:39   #8
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog View Post
Having looked at this in greater detail, I have no doubt (and will be super amazed if I am wrong) that the ASUS Impact VII will be a 150+ board which is a shame. This board at 115 is good but lacks a few features and doesn't astound at anything in particular. It does OK and then does less than OK. The new MSI ITX board will be interesting as their Z87 board was fantastic performer, but the Impact is still quite likely where my money will be going.

Just want to point out on specific thing though with this board, I HATE that wireless adapter. Did they forget to add one and chucked it on last minute? It makes the board look so tacky and unfinished.
I think the audio is certainly stand out and is where the extra money has gone so if you need decent audio but can't afford the Impact it is a good option. For me the lack of an M.2 port was a bit of a let down and I agree the WiFi port does spoil the aesthetics a bit! Given the price I probably would want an M.2 port and a better EFI so yes, there are better options depending on what features you want.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2014, 04:41   #9
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Did I misread the Audio graphs? I interpreted the audio is being below par...
Old 12th Aug 2014, 04:44   #10
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez
Did I misread the Audio graphs? I interpreted the audio is being below par...
I did misinterpret them slightly. The harmonic distortion still seems pretty high?
Old 15th Aug 2014, 01:34   #11
toolio20
Modder

toolio20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, I guess I should just make peace with the fact that the hardware scene will remain unbearably boring until, what, Skylake...?
toolio20 is offline   Reply With Quote