bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Aug 2003, 17:37   #1
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Bit-Tech Folding@Home Team (CLOSED: now superseded by joint CPC/bit-tech team)

Please check out the new joint CPC/bit-tech F@H team (previously just the CPC team) for our new folding effort. It has a dedicated forum located here

- Moderators

I couldn't find a Bit-Tech team, so I made one

Team Number: 33346

Now go get F@H and start folding for Bit and medical Science!

Last edited by hitman012; 25th Apr 2009 at 00:31.
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 18:06   #2
herbs
Nobody but us chickens

herbs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just switched to it from AMDMB team hell i only gave them one WU. So far I have about 2ghz on it about 12 hours a day and another 1.6ghz on it 5 hours a day.

A police recruit was asked during the exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother?" He said, "Call for backup."

"you could have it all, my empire of dirt, I will let you down, I will make you hurt"
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 18:10   #3
sinizterguy
Dark & Sinizter

sinizterguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wheres the link to a team page ?

And stats for the team ?
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 18:51   #4
herbs
Nobody but us chickens

Quote:
Originally posted by sinizterguy
Wheres the link to a team page ?

And stats for the team ?
http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=33346

A police recruit was asked during the exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother?" He said, "Call for backup."

"you could have it all, my empire of dirt, I will let you down, I will make you hurt"
Old 4th Aug 2003, 11:57   #5
BLC

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well, sorry there's not too many stats turning up atm, but at first I only set it running on my craptop .

I've now got F@H running on my workshop server, which I leave on 24hrs/day (P2 400), the till machine (Celly 600) which is on whenver the store is open, and my laptop which is used all the damn time I'm in work (Celly 500). Afraid I don't really have too many high-powered machines left contributing to it, but IMO it's not about who can do WU's in the fastest time possible, but contributing to a good cause

Get folding!
Old 8th Aug 2003, 08:54   #6
herbs
Nobody but us chickens

So anyone else willing to join a good cause? /me and blc are all alone. This hot weather has seriously effected my number crunching power only 2 pcs doing it instead of 4.

Just got a fellow at work to join and he brings a 450mhz and a 1.8ghz cpu

Last edited by herbs; 8th Aug 2003 at 15:33.
Old 14th Aug 2003, 14:10   #7
herbs
Nobody but us chickens

Its bloody lonely here with just me and a mate folding for Bit.

Old 15th Aug 2003, 10:19   #8
BLC

Well I have got machines running it, but they're all too slow! Been on constantly since I started the thread, and not yet uploaded *one* work unit!
Old 16th Aug 2003, 22:12   #9
:: kna ::
POCOYO!

:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.:: kna :: is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Well I got some stuff running SETI, so I switched one over to F@H and joined the team..

Aliens or Cancer.. hmm. Gotta be both hasn't it.
Old 30th Aug 2003, 15:28   #10
herbs
Nobody but us chickens

I just scored over 1000 today

Heres the rest of the teams score 15:27 Sat August 30th 2003

Rank (within team)

User Score WU
1 herbs 1000 29
2 ::_kna_:: 580 13
3 Noel_Plakhtienko 509 18
4 BLC 71 1
5 _Noel_Plakhtienko 60 1

Old 4th Sep 2003, 15:12   #11
BLC

Well I just got my home machine running F@H, so hopefully I'll be able to get some more WU's done

(Dual P3 800, btw)
Old 19th Sep 2003, 09:09   #12
herbs
Nobody but us chickens

Ok another update:
Rank(within team) User Score WU
1 herbs 2009 49
2 Noel_Plakhtienko 1271 31
3 ::_kna_:: 1219 27
4 EmptySpaces 172 5
5 BLC 136 2
6 _Noel_Plakhtienko 60 1

We really need more people to start going up the ladder.

Old 23rd Sep 2003, 12:14   #13
Foolio882
Multimodder

Foolio882 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Im joining, and soon Ill have a dedicated P2 to fold too (not much, but it helps)
Old 23rd Sep 2003, 12:20   #14
sidney
Minimodder

sidney has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just joined, running as we i type, team number is 33346 right?
Old 24th Sep 2003, 22:41   #15
BLC

Quote:
Originally posted by sidney
just joined, running as we i type, team number is 33346 right?
Indeed
Old 25th Sep 2003, 02:46   #16
sidney
Minimodder

sidney has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just checking, diddnt want to help anyone elses score ,

finished one and on 365/500 of the second, getting there slowly
Old 25th Sep 2003, 21:32   #17
herbs
Nobody but us chickens

I blew a xp 1800 cpu so im on go slow with just a p2.4 and a duron 1ghz and tbird 900. I will get a new cpu in a week or two maybe a 2500+ barton to help.

Old 28th Sep 2003, 03:21   #18
Foolio882
Multimodder

Foolio882 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
MAn, I guess I got what I deserve, I got a cheap RJ45 Crimper and now my cables aren't working. When I crimp with pliers they work tho, Oh well, just takes longer... (Notworking PC's to get folding)
Old 30th Sep 2003, 11:10   #19
ArsoN
Supermodder

ArsoN has yet to learn the way of the DremelArsoN has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Weee, i'm folding for BT now.
Old 30th Sep 2003, 19:28   #20
herbs
Nobody but us chickens

Welcome all new comers , I have a 2400+ folding a couple hours a day now. So I should be back to normal outage after losing the 1800+ (RIP).

Closed Thread

Tags
distributed