bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 3rd Oct 2003, 22:59   #1
M_D_K
Kiteninja

M_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Sticking things to wall without leaving marks?

IM trying to figure out how i can stick posters too my Uni room walls. I don't want any stooped answers like Use gloo i know how to do it but i don't want to leave anymarks behind when i take them down next year.
The thing is that your not allowed to stick bluetak to the walls cause it leaves marks so i was thinking how could i stick up my posters without leaving amark ont he walls when i finish.

ideas please
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 23:04   #2
Lorquis
lorquisSpamCount++;

Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
white tak?
poster pads?
masking tape?
detacked tape of other sort (just pad it on trousers)
hire a monkey to hold them up...

headbocks.com UK Geeky T-Shirts! [GEEK|NERD|GAMING|RPG|ZOMBIES]
Get free T-Shirts?!!? Bit-Tech GIVEAWAY!
Lorquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 23:05   #3
penski
BodMod

penski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Low tack masking tape?

*n
Go back to bed America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed America, here's American Gladiators. Here's 56 channels of it. Watch these pituitary retards bang their skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America, you are free... to do as we tell you. You are free, to do as we tell you.
penski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 23:12   #4
Lorquis
lorquisSpamCount++;

Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Lorquis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally posted by penski
Low tack masking tape?

*n
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorquis
white tak?
poster pads?
masking tape?
detacked tape of other sort (just pad it on trousers)
hire a monkey to hold them up...

excuse me I have a really bad caugh.... ...

*CAUGH CAUGH CAUGH*

Oh do hush, child...

headbocks.com UK Geeky T-Shirts! [GEEK|NERD|GAMING|RPG|ZOMBIES]
Get free T-Shirts?!!? Bit-Tech GIVEAWAY!
Lorquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 23:13   #5
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
normal masking tape would leave a mark. lol

cough
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 23:14   #6
Digitalblueshift
Mod Master

Digitalblueshift has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
scotch tape?
Frame them and lean them up against stuff.
I like how on Star Trek, whenever there's a piece of equipment that isn't working properly, all they have to do to infuse it with miraculous abilities which dramatically affect the plot is to "reverse the polarity." But even in real life that's kind of true. Take an ordinary hammer. If you reverse the polarity on an ordinary hammer, you get the claw end. And while maybe that doesn't allow you to escape into the mirror universe, I haven't heard of the problem yet which couldn't be easily solved by splitting a man's skull open and running.

Arguing whether a PC is superior to a Macintosh makes about as much sense as whether having a penis is better than having a vagina. Smart people recognize the advantages and delights of playing with both.
Digitalblueshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 23:15   #7
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
Offer to paint the room when you leave, then RUN
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 23:29   #8
TheoGeo
What are these goddamn animals?!

TheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
screw the rules, i doubt they go around every room inspecting for little marks... and if they do, then RUN!!!!11

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
TheoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 23:55   #9
bard
Modding isn't what it used to be

bard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Uni inspector: "I do believe mr. MDK has left tiny marks of blue tac on the wall. We'll have to put him back a year"
bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2003, 00:41   #10
:: Phat ::
Oooh shakalaka!

:: Phat :: has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you use blue tac and it leaves a mark, the simple solution to removing blu tac of the walls...

Get a bigger clump of blue tac, press it against the bit on the wall, twist, and e voila, no more blu tac on wall. This method is paint & wallpaper friendly too

. . ______________________ . .

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
- Who will Guard the Guardians?

:: Phat :: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2003, 00:43   #11
TheoGeo

TheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i think they mean because it can leave a sort of grease stain behind, try putting fresh bluetack on some card to a week or 2 and u'll see wot i mean, though i dont think white tac suffers from this draw back

Old 4th Oct 2003, 01:58   #12
M_D_K
Kiteninja

M_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
so what do you suggest i use then low tack masking tape? i think that sounds like the best plan
Old 4th Oct 2003, 11:12   #13
TheoGeo

how about holding them up and hoping they stay there

Old 4th Oct 2003, 11:15   #14
Supercool
Gone.

Supercool has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Proper blu-tackô dosent leave marks, but the cheaper ones do.

I use a staple gun anyway, no chance of them falling down
Supercool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2003, 11:42   #15
Liquid K9
Human programmer.. heh

Liquid K9 has yet to learn the way of the DremelLiquid K9 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally posted by Supercool
Proper blu-tackô dosent leave marks, but the cheaper ones do.

I use a staple gun anyway, no chance of them falling down
somehow I get the feeling that a staple gun might leave marks...
Old 4th Oct 2003, 12:14   #16
M_D_K
Kiteninja

yeah me thinks there will be little holes i'll see how masking tape does

thanks for the help
Old 4th Oct 2003, 13:33   #17
Alaric
code assassin

Alaric has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
poster hangers and string if you have a picture rail at the top of your walls

Alaric.

http://www.ajrn.co.uk

<Cheese> mat said I should put the vibrator in a stuffed toy and mount the lcd in the front
<Cheese> you went into php mode and I fell of my chair
<Kna3> alaric, we decided we want you on a keyring.. for emergencies
Spike: "sorry bout the short measure ... google is a terrible barman"
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2003, 14:41   #18
Supercool
Gone.

Supercool has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally posted by Alaric
poster hangers and string if you have a picture rail at the top of your walls

Alaric.
Or a peice of hardboard with a couple of holes drilled in the top, then stick the poster to that
Supercool is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode