bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 25th Feb 2004, 22:26   #1
Altron
LIKE A BAUCE!!!!

Altron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
CD-ROM pinout?

I was lookign at the IDE pinouts. I am trying to find a way to add buttons to a CD-ROM for Play, Stop, Foreward, and Back.

IS there an easy way to do this (i.e. connecting two pins) or a hard way (microcontroller)?

e^i(pi)+1=0
Altron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2004, 22:29   #2
nleahcim
Supermodder

nleahcim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron
I was lookign at the IDE pinouts. I am trying to find a way to add buttons to a CD-ROM for Play, Stop, Foreward, and Back.

IS there an easy way to do this (i.e. connecting two pins) or a hard way (microcontroller)?
Unfortunately - no it's not that easy. Here's the pinout for ya: http://technick.net/public/code/cp_d...conhdd_ata_int

I do believe there's some projects that can be found around the web that have done what you are looking to do.
nleahcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2004, 22:32   #3
Altron
LIKE A BAUCE!!!!

Altron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I suppose it must be a digital signal then...

Digital: Sometimes you love it, sometimes you hate it.

e^i(pi)+1=0
Old 25th Feb 2004, 22:38   #4
Lynx
Hypermodder

Lynx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The eject function I beleive is implemented in the ATAPI protocal used by CDROM drives. Have fun working that one out. YOu will need a microcontroller that has an IDE interface on as it is going to have to be protocal layer stuff not just sending a byte code down.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2004, 22:40   #5
coorz
Miffed

coorz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't think it would be possible with the IDE pins. You might try it from the PCB. Many cdroms have play, skip already implemented (switch holes in the PCB) but no swtches inserted.
Old 25th Feb 2004, 22:55   #6
Altron
LIKE A BAUCE!!!!

I'll try and find the solder points inside the CD-ROM.

e^i(pi)+1=0

View Mode