1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Thoughts on a window I want etched

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Morphine, 9 Sep 2004.

1. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

I am going to run this by the guys at www.xport1.com pretty soon, as I lvoe the work their laser puts out. I decided to go for an evangelion themed window as I just finnished watching the series and the movies, and LOVED them. My case also fits in with the futuristic eva them pretty well. My case is a gloss black cube, with water cooled cpu, nb, and gpu. I used green UV reactive dye in my water and tossed about 5 UV lights into my case. When you look into the motherboard side of my system, you see deep purples, greens, and blue colors and a few LEDs on the motherboard. Seeing as EVA unit 01 was purple and green for its main colors, I thought I should make a window with it on the etch.

click for fullsized version (note: its 3600x3000, 12x10" @ 300dpi)

[​IMG]

So, watcha guys think about the design so far? I would like to submit this to the guys at xport1 in the next couple of days.

2. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

Morphine you have a PM. nice image :)

3. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

now, that is some fast service! :clap:

4. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Series was fantastic, ending was err... odd, kept me thinking for a while tho but id have to say it was a little unsatisfactory. Do you have a link to the origional colour image you used there? Strangely for such a popular series good pictures of th eevangelion units are like gold dust, just seems to be loads of pictures of the characters. Also its a shame noone in the UK offers the same service Xport1 does in the US , id love to have a custom etch :(

5. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

Post when you get it do, I really love Eva and that pic would make an awesome window.

6. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

http://www.ca1clan.com/evawindow/evas/

heres the pics i found the night I was working on the window.

Yeah, the ending in the series was weird, you have to watch the movies to see the real ending.

7. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

i was talking about the movies, thx for the link.

8. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

That window idea looks awesome! You're going to show us pics when it comes back from those guys at xport1, right? :)

And are you modding the rest of the rig? If so, I for one would like to see it!

9. hilmana

hilmana What's a Dremel?

awsome
    good luck
    that sounds REALLY cool
    wish i could do it for my mod but it will even be hastling to get the plexi :wallbash: :miffed: :miffed: :miffed: :miffed: :miffed: :miffed: :grr:

10. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

Yeah, I will definately post pics when I get it back from them. They are kind of backed up on orders right now, so it might take a while though. In the meantime I have some painting and a few smaller mods that I can do to pass the time. I'll post pics soon as I get the digicam from my dad.