Just another nobody

WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Coolermaster Praetorian 731

www.bit-tech.net/review/400

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2005, 11:17   #2
L2wis
Hypermodder

L2wis has yet to learn the way of the DremelL2wis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice review. U guys must love getting the fedex/citylink vans on ur drive ways :P Some good thinking gone into this case. I think the splodge/duct idea was great, but maybe not entirely thought out since as u guys pointed out the h/s isn't always in the same place on every mobo.

IMO i think they probably left the drive bay clips out cos they look quite ugly :S
Old 5th Apr 2005, 14:01   #3
Darkedge
Supermodder

Darkedge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
okay review - but missing out the basic info on this case (drive slots, dimensions) was just LAZY. There is no search for your old reviews and you didn't even bother with a link to a previous one which had the details.
Come on guys you can do better than that.

*EDIT - Thanks for the update with the link guys.

That splodge looks terrible and most half arsed as you point out.

The top mounted ports are badly placed in the middle and v few people will be able to use as PC tops get used for putting things lots - real shame they didn't put the alternative bracket for moving those ports to the front.

Last edited by Darkedge; 6th Apr 2005 at 10:32.
Darkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2005, 15:36   #4
L2wis
Hypermodder

L2wis has yet to learn the way of the DremelL2wis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hehe crazy, there was a link to the similar cases. Check the last page again... Expect flaming for that post. ^

U've found a rather rude way of posting ur views, the bit-tech team don't charge us to read these reviews... if it's free how can u complain..
Old 5th Apr 2005, 16:23   #5
Sc0rian
Here comes the farmer

Sc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run Crysis
Nice review/case..

Its a nice case.. But not one of coolermasters best products

- S
Old 5th Apr 2005, 16:35   #6
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rian
Its a nice case.. But not one of coolermasters best products

- S
Hmm, "Meh" tbh. Another rehash of the same old stuff. I know many people like that style but it hasnt changed in what, 3 years? Wow, it has a new front and another 80mm in the back. Id like to see them developing the insides more, or designing something new.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2005, 20:01   #7
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Coolermaster used to make cases for the enthusiasts who were prepared to pay a little extra for something special.

These days it seems like the style is dropping as fast as the price. I kind of hoped for something a little better than this for the next generation

Good review as always though....except for the final build picture with all of the installed components
Old 6th Apr 2005, 05:08   #8
therealdave
Minimodder

therealdave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow another case that i wont buy... they all look the same these days

with cases i'll normally take a glance at what it looks like onthe outside and then if it passes the would look ok next to desk / with some mods test look to see if the inards are ok

im still happy with meh antec plus view 1000AMG

altho the case here looks nice but it looks just like they have shoved a new front on their current line up of cases...pah
therealdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2005, 16:04   #9
WTF_Shelley
The picture is wheeljack

WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.WTF_Shelley is definitely a rep cheat.
Why haven't they made the move from 80's to 120's. 4 stock 80's in a case Why not stick a Harriers jump jet to the roof of the friggin' thing! and that plastic venetian blind of a grill looks cheap and will only make things worse
WTF_Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2005, 01:10   #10
NoMercy
Multimodder

NoMercy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I do prefer larger fans in a case, ignoring that the features are good and at least looking from the back/side it's a nice case, but geez I'd not want to roll over in bed and be stareing at that face
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2005, 01:23   #11
streetknight
What's a Dremel?

streetknight has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the case it self looks like a coolmaster wavemaster just with a different front bezel.
streetknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2005, 07:17   #12
TMM
Modder

TMM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not my cup of tea, and i agree that they should have implemented atleast a 120mm exhaust.