1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can my luck really be that bad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 25188201, 8 Apr 2005.

1. 25188201

25188201 What's a Dremel?

Ok so today I decided to make the change to a AMD 64 bit cpu, so off i went to the shop and spen all my hard erned on a new cpu and a gigabyte mother board, all excited i rush home and build up the new system.

I boot it up to find the keyboard wont respond, and after numerous tries and 3 different keyboards i give up and except its a dodgy board, rushing back to the shop (as it closes in ten minutes and i live 4 miles away) i get there to find that was the only board of it's type there, so i end up payins the extra cash for a ASUS K8V SE.

Back home after rebuilding the system again i find it wont turn on (by now i'm getting a little bit wound up) so after fidleing around i find the clear CMOS pin set to clear, right i think thats it all sorted lets get this all done. Except it's not that sraight forwad is it, no not with my luck, now the screen wont come on, so i start to think oh crap, my gfx card has taken it with all the rebuilds as it seems the only possibility.

So i end up calling Robbie GSM for advice and he comes up and together we spend another hour or so trying to work out what the hell is going on here? we test the card on another systen and it's fine so what is it? the CPU? the Board? cant be the board two in one day! thats just too much! must be the cpu then that could also explain the trouble with the other board right! so off rob runs (now 11.30pm no 10 hours since this all atarted) to test the CPU on his shuttle, and it's fine so thats it only one possibilty left it has to be the AGP slot!! :sigh:

How can this happen to me 2 motherboards in one day :eeek: is my luck really that bad or am i just doomed to stay with athelon for the rest of my days :waah:

2. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

Yeah, that's an odd one mate. The CPU works just fine. It has to be the board. :(

3. cysus

cysus What's a Dremel?

It happens...

I once lost 3 cpu's in one day, worth about US$750 total. :grr: