1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EQS Motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 14 Apr 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Errmmm how much is it? Didnt catch it on the review.

3. Cheese

Cheese Doc

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

5. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

Any word on if this will be coming to the States?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Youll have to check the EQS site, they are the european service centre so i dunno if theyll export it or get someone to manufacture it over there.

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hmmm, interesting mobo. Makes me think more and more about ditching my intel and going for a venice core, particularly since 939 micro atx motherboards seem to offer so much. Shame there's no OCing, that would make this perfect...but, ya get what ya pay for, I suppose.

What I'm really looking forward to a review on is the Gigabyte GA-K8A480M-9. It looks like the board to beat for 939 matx.

Last edited: 11 May 2005
  8. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Looks like a solid small workstation or basic college going away present board. The 939 Sempron should find a great home in this.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sorry, dont have one of them yet.

Ooo one with a LFB though, nice. Although the ULI southbridge is a pain in the arse to install XP on (i have to use a floppy, yeesh), but HD audio is a winner.

10. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Won't be out until (best guess) end of this month...but it will be a great board, I think! I'll look forward to the review.

11. Francis Kinsler

Francis Kinsler What's a Dremel?

Any help gratefully accepted re this motherboard (M56K9-MLF).

I am trying to load Windows media centre edition on it and the total install takes about 17 hours! I have tried several options and it has is currently chugging through the 'Setup is copying files...' bit, 46% of files copied in 2 hours so far.

I am using a Western Digital SATA HDD 200gb but the only way to get the drive recognised is to set the SATA controller in the BIOS to 'IDE Controller' so not intending to use raid.

I have 2x512mb Corsair PC400 ram matched pair.

I have tried loading XP Home but the disk selection said

Unknown
    Unknown
    193...gb ...
    then disk partitions shown but cos not listed at the top of the box, windows could not identify it so gave up and now back to MCE.

Any ideas anyone?

12. zinger

zinger What's a Dremel?

Did you not get a floppy disk with the motherboard with the drivers on for the SATA controller? if not I'd check their website and download the appropriate driver and set the SATA drive up correctly.

Tags: Add Tags