bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 25th May 2016, 01:41   #1
Gooey_GUI
Wanted: Red Shirts

Gooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Build your own radar system

I've seen evaluations, of the top weapons of WWII, where they place the Cavity magnetron 12 as the second most important weapon of the war only lower than the atomic bomb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavity_magnetron

Although different, this DYI home radar seems very interesting if you have a mind for the technicals

Last edited by Gooey_GUI; 6th Jun 2016 at 01:10.
Gooey_GUI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 16:58   #2
jinq-sea
Harry the Hoarder

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hi - what on earth is this all about? Why have you posted almost incomprehensible internet comments here?

Tiniest: i7-5960X / X99E-ITX/AC - Bitspower Block / 16Gb Ballistix / Titan X Hydro / 512Gb 950 NVMe / NCase M1 / SF600
Tiny: i7-4790K / Max VII Impact / 16Gb Ballistix / 980 Hydro / 256Gb SM951 NVMe / 250D / P660
HTPC: i7-3770K / P8Z77-I / 16Gb Ballistix / 980Ti SC / 500Gb 850 EVO / FTZ01B / SX600-G
ESXi: i7-4790T / Q87T / 16Gb / Quad NIC / 120Gb 850 EVO mSATA / 500Gb 850 EVO / Akasa Euler
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 17:06   #3
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Either something serious has happened to Gooey between 10 Jan 2014 and 31 Mar 2016 or someone else is using his account? He never used to be this...strange?
Old 26th May 2016, 17:32   #4
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Too many microwaves to the head, or bad shielding causing his pooter to spampost?
Old 27th May 2016, 15:39   #5
Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sorry, to seem obtuse, but there are reasons for everything when it's serious.
Old 27th May 2016, 15:51   #6
jinq-sea
Harry the Hoarder

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooey_GUI View Post
Sorry, to seem obtuse, but there are reasons for everything when it's serious.
This is starting to look a lot like spam - I'm on the cusp of issuing a ban. Sorry to seem obtuse.

Tiniest: i7-5960X / X99E-ITX/AC - Bitspower Block / 16Gb Ballistix / Titan X Hydro / 512Gb 950 NVMe / NCase M1 / SF600
Tiny: i7-4790K / Max VII Impact / 16Gb Ballistix / 980 Hydro / 256Gb SM951 NVMe / 250D / P660
HTPC: i7-3770K / P8Z77-I / 16Gb Ballistix / 980Ti SC / 500Gb 850 EVO / FTZ01B / SX600-G
ESXi: i7-4790T / Q87T / 16Gb / Quad NIC / 120Gb 850 EVO mSATA / 500Gb 850 EVO / Akasa Euler
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 05:21   #7
Gooey_GUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinq-sea View Post
This is starting to look a lot like spam - I'm on the cusp of issuing a ban. Sorry to seem obtuse.
I'm really sorry, truly I am. It was a pure accident.

Or is the total topic that bad?

Or, is the speaker that bad?

For 23 years, I have watched 100's of planes fly by on their destination heading. I see about what altitude they fly, how fast, I listen to the types of props on the different planes too. Sometimes, groups of helos go by.

They put in a city park a few years ago. They put in an amphitheater a little later which changed the traffic. Noise laws dictate no flying over these. So, all the traffic can no longer fly over the park. The choice of routes now is closer to my portion of the neighborhood or over my house practically. Even, my neighbors are complaining about it.

I don't know anything more effective than logging the air traffic to present to DEQ= Department of Environmental Quality, as a basis for them to at least consider doing a study on it.

I'm not rich enough to buy or even rent a radar system for that length of time. I was hoping to have a real discussion about DYI radar system builds.

Last edited by Gooey_GUI; 28th May 2016 at 06:12.
Old 28th May 2016, 17:16   #8
Yadda
I *am* a Dremel

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If you build a big trampoline in your back garden, you might be able to have a chat with the pilots.
X3360 @ 4GHz / Asus P5Q Pro / 4GB Corsair DDR2 / Gigabyte GTX 580 UD @ 910/2050MHz / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD / Samsung F3 1TB / Asus Xonar D1 / PCP&C Silencer 910w / Coolermaster ATCS 201 / Windows 10 Home
Yadda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 02:53   #9
Gooey_GUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadda View Post
If you build a big trampoline in your back garden, you might be able to have a chat with the pilots.
I thought this was where you could talk to the thread seriously. Or, are serious modding activities posted in the serious forum now?
Old 30th May 2016, 10:45   #10
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ok. Lets all have a nice rest from this insanity shall we.

NCase M1 - 5820k @4.3Ghz - H105 - GTX 980ti - ASRock X99e ITX/ac - 16GB DDR4 - 3x SSD - 600w SFX - 29" Ultrawide - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Quickfire TK - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog - Oculus Rift
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 17:17   #11
Gooey_GUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Ok. Lets all have a nice rest from this insanity shall we.
Sorry, I've been working too hard on it than for my own good.

I'm very sorry to cause trouble here. That was never my intention

Please believe that.

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, adult language, build your own, home radar system, technical approach

View Mode