1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 2 problems and solutions... Post 'em here!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FIBRE+, 12 Jun 2005.

1. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

This is a brand new game and a demo so theres gonna be a helluva lot of bugs, glitches and general problems, I thought somone wouldve started a thread already but they aint...

Anyways if you have a problem or found a solution to a problem post it up!... (put the problem and solution under said titles to keep things clear)

:wallbash: Problem:

The issue I had was that the game would run totally smooth with medium graphics in 1280x960 and then all of a sudden just crash to a black screen. I tried messing around with settings and different drivers etc, but no joy, I was really puzzled as my mate has bought pretty much the same setup as me but he has a 3200xp and its running at default speed.

:idea: Solution:

Seeing as the cpu was the only big difference I tried setting my cpu speed to default speeds then started the game up, it ran for 3hrs solid no probs. I dont know why it didnt like my cpu being overclocked as it runs fairly cool and is normally uncrashable, even when I tried it at lower overclock it would still do the same thing :sigh:

2. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

Problem :worried:
    The background flickers. :wallbash:

Solution

Turn anti-aliasing off, or play with your quality settings. :eeek: :clap:

3. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Keyboard mapping doesnt work?

4. DanMcr

DanMcr What's a Dremel?

Keyboard mapping does work, its just buggy. Some things are already mapped and cant be changed, like "End" for console. It always throws up an error saying duplicate found in wherever etc, something i hope will change in the retail version.
    Also, mapping the turn/rudder controls in aircraft/helicopter took a while to figure out. Kept saying there was a duplicate even though there wasnt. Solution was to clear all the flight controls and map them first, then the rest go in ok.

Problem
    Cant set 1280x1024 for lcds.

Solution
    Change your shortcut target to - Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

5. Springs

Springs Boing boing

the only problem i have is the key bindings... wouldnt want to change on a couple of them..

another problem i have heard off a friend is that a ti4200 64mb graphics card wont work with it... but the 128mb version will..

Last edited: 12 Jun 2005
  6. Rufus-Seal

Rufus-Seal Guest

Problem

Shadow-problems with Nvidia cards.

Solution

Download the newest driver; 77.30

7. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Problem:

Took 15 minutes to load on the first attempt on maximum settings at 1024x768...

Solution:

Dropped the shadow detail, bizarre I know :worried:

8. Rufus-Seal

Rufus-Seal Guest

9. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Every so ofter when load game on server select screen it will play music but everything is locked - can move mouse but nothing can be clicked on. Cannot get out anyway but to reset computer. I have to uninstall and then re-install to get things going again and then after a few games at most the same thing happens again. Grrrr.

10. Springs

Springs Boing boing

That happens to me every now and then.... have to restart the comp most times but have been able to alt tab back to the desktop and kill the demo via task manager.. but have never needed to reinstall it..

11. Sh0ck4

Sh0ck4 What's a Dremel?

Weird, ive had no problems yet, im loving the game though :rock:

12. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Problem:
    Can't get Widescreen to work :(
    Ill try that command posted earlyer and post back here.

13. yashar

yashar What's a Dremel?

problems with BFT2

Hi, am using BFT2 with a low graphic level. I ve had no problemes to play with BFT2 demo online, but when i get to play BFT2 (the real game) online, the games kicks me out, and i find myself back on my desktop... why?

I have a crap graphic card. Ati radeon 9200SE 128 mb ram, with my bus drive set on *4, because the demo wouldnt work on *8. 512 ram, with pentium 4 3.2 ht.

Battelfield 2 demo worked perfectly on my computer.. but the new game kicks me out after 10 mins on a perfectly good server.. i mean i not only get disconnected from the server but the whole game shuts down...

Any ideas to what i can do? :duh:

14. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Hmm the game runs fine everything is operational but when I open up online game browser everything slows to a standstill, it's a lockup but if I wait for 4minutes+ which I actually did it loads a bit again, still lagging and some more servers are laoded and then locks up again, that repeats again ... and again...

what the hell is wrong ? my firewall accepts it and isn't blocking anything ... very strange ... at the same time annoying I really dont want to swtich off or lower my firewall settings at all just to risk playing a demo ... I did that before and got hacked ... believe it or not ... *sigh*

15. omicron

omicron Baud.

Bug: Vehicles eject you for no apparent reason every so often
    Solution: Hit 9 like a crazy mofo! :D.

Yeah ou7blaze, mine gets all slow while it's looking for servers too, but only for about 30 seconds.

Get a new graphics card.

16. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Why does mine slow for so long ... I alos want to ask does my bug also remain in the retail version or is only the demo one screwed for me in terms of the ridiculous lagging in the server selection screen? Thanks ... was about to buy BF2 today actually but bought GTR instead as I was unsure I could run it at the details I wanted to , time to upgrade ... :waah:

17. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

"CD Missing Please insert BF2 CD"

"CD Missing Please insert BF2 CD"

I installed it and went to run it and got this. How Anoying.

No mater what I did It would not reconised the DVD Game. I changed drive letters as I got 4 hard disks and made the DVD drive d:\ This did nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still same error.

I removed my virtual drives and alcohol from pc and still the same error in it not detecting the DVD.

I then reinstalled Alcohol and created a disk image. Tried the disk image and still the same error.

Tried with a disk image loaded in the virtual drive then put the DVD in the DVD drive and wola. BF2 loaded after 3 hours of pain.

I seem to only be able to play the original if i got the DVD in the drive and a inage loaded on the virtual drive.

That is so gay. I even phoned EA tech support who are a joke.

If you use Virtual drives guys u might have a problem as I believe its got something to do with that. But uninstalling them dont do anything.

This is an original DVD game and wont load on its own, how g**

18. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Problem: I want to turn off v-sync and cant find the option anywhere :( :waah:

19. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

turn it off outside or they might be a command or code line u can change in the file I can't tell you nor find myself since I haven't even got the game yet, sry. :D

20. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

create a disc image and then pm me for a erm BF2 crack* and then insert it into the main game files

*this does work so pm me or add me to msn @ icecoldbagey@aol.com and ill send it.

Ice