bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Aug 2005, 08:13   #1
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
Battlefield 2: Reinforcements

Following last month's amazing US Army-themed Battlefield 2 mods, Butterkneter is back with two more: Middle East Coalition, and the People's Republic of China cases.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005...2_part2/1.html

Post any questions you have below, and Oliver / I will try and answer them for you.
The_Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2005, 08:34   #2
LAGMonkey
Group 7 error

LAGMonkey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
DAmm they are good looking. But no detailed screenies on how they were built?

http://www.xkcd.com
100% Brainless]
LAGMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2005, 09:11   #3
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Lovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for president
They look very impressive. Although they do look too much alike. Very very good craftsmanship. I would love to see a project log on these babys. Why is/was there no project log? If its located somewhere else.. a link would be nice!

I'd like to know more about the working-intruder alarm, lol.

L
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2ghz | iMac 27" i7 | iPad 2 16GB WIFI
Lovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2005, 09:15   #4
PA!N
Hypermodder

PA!N has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Respekt die sehen einfach geil aus...
Ich werd mir sofort ne Gamestar kaufen und da mitmachen
PA!N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2005, 09:53   #5
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
english, please....
Old 15th Aug 2005, 11:40   #6
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Some nice looking boxes right there, pity the pics were a bit too dark for some shots. Some work in progress shots would have been awesome with these
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2005, 11:56   #7
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA!N
Respekt die sehen einfach geil aus...
Ich werd mir sofort ne Gamestar kaufen und da mitmachen
Quote:
Respect those see simply geil out...
I become immediately ne Gamestar buy and go through there
Not quite correct me thinks!
Old 15th Aug 2005, 11:58   #8
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks for the feedback guys:

1) Unfortunately, as with Part 1, there is no Construction Worklog. No photos were taken, hence there is no article / worklog. It was hard enough for Oliver to make four cases in 5 weeks, let alone stop to take detailed photos of every stage. However, we're hoping he will have more time for his next project

2) Let me know which photos are "too dark" and I can fix that. Brightness is a bit of a tricky issue - I run my desktop monitor quite dark, but my laptop is pretty bright. It's hard to judge, but I can certainly boost the gamma on any specific shots if necessary.
Old 15th Aug 2005, 11:59   #9
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The rough translation is that he likes it, and suggests you go and buy the Gamestar magazine to win it in the compo (mitmachen)
Old 15th Aug 2005, 15:42   #10
Marquee
Mac Pro Modder

Marquee has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow 4 cases in 5 weeks and I have been working on the same 3 cases for like a year.LOL

Nice work Oliver. Keep it up, and any future for a America's Army Case. PLEASE
Old 15th Aug 2005, 15:46   #11
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The America's Army cases were posted a few weeks ago: http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005...ld2_mod/1.html
Old 15th Aug 2005, 19:40   #12
PA!N
Hypermodder

PA!N has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the translation "Pope"...thats what I ment...just thought why not
give him the compliment on german... (guess he is German)
PA!N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2005, 20:41   #13
Da Dego
Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like it, though it seems to really be only 2 cases, each repeated once with a little twist. But even so, they're very nice!
Old 15th Aug 2005, 23:39   #14
snez
What's a Dremel?

snez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
post removed
snez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2005, 23:55   #15
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snez
post removed
Hi, if you post anything like that again you will wind up banned. Consider this a warning.
Old 16th Aug 2005, 15:40   #16
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

PA!N - yes, Oliver is German, so your post makes sense. But since this is an english-language forum, it is more polite to maybe include an english note in your post for next time.

So, compliment him in German if you like, but translate it for the rest of us too please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Dego
I like it, though it seems to really be only 2 cases, each repeated once with a little twist.
Maybe so, but it's still twice the work. Chuck in the two US Army cases and it's one hell of an achievement to get it all done in just 5 weeks. Especially since EA probably wanted design approval etc - that kind of thing takes ages.

I'd forgive him for a little 'streamlining' to get it all done in time, wouldn't you? :P
Old 16th Aug 2005, 19:26   #17
Da Dego
Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Of course! I'm just saying, it's 2 cases and 2 themes for each. I'd probably say it like that, because by the sound of it, I was expecting 4 completely different mods...I was far from disappointed, though, once I saw the quality. It seems like at least one or two others thought kind of like me in that respect. It's more of a write-up issue than an issue with the premise itself (and it's certainly not an issue with the cases!).
Old 5th Sep 2005, 11:47   #18
Iced_Bacon
What's a Dremel?

Iced_Bacon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have my September issue of Gamestar magazine right here, and there's nothing in it about these cases. The cover is different to the one pictured as well, so I think perhaps you mean the October issue?

The cover pictured here is the one I'm holding; http://www.gamestar.de/cgi-bin/heft.mpl
Iced_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2005, 13:17   #19
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

I'll have to defer to Oliver on that one I'm afraid mate - I don't have access to the magazine personally.
Old 14th Dec 2005, 07:19   #20
RynoRFC
Minimodder

RynoRFC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, these cases give me a new respect for what a really good paint job can do for a mod. If they were done with average paint skills, they would not be nearly so jaw-droppingly impressive. Very nice.

A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems. --Paul Erdos
RynoRFC is offline   Reply With Quote