bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Sep 2005, 13:49   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
I wrote this column in 20 minutes

http://www.bit-tech.net/columns/2005...mn_20_minutes/
Old 28th Sep 2005, 14:02   #2
WireFrame
PermaBanned

WireFrame has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Um...Maybe I missed it...Grammar Police?
WireFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2005, 14:25   #3
Da Dego
Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WireFrame
Mayeb I missed it
Nice.

w00t to the HTPC! w00t to you getting off your powerbook fixation! You're a convert, Wil! You've been SAVED!

Seriously, though...the forums changes are nice, and the grammar police thing makes me think of a nun with a ruler. So who's dressing up in the costume?
Old 28th Sep 2005, 14:32   #4
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Dego
So who's dressing up in the costume?
Wil, I guess.
Old 28th Sep 2005, 14:45   #5
Master Ninja
Multimodder

Master Ninja has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good to hear about the crackdown on Internet grammar, but you're certainly not the first. SomethingAwful bans people regularly for using "omg u r 2 l33t" type language, which is more like a nun with an AK-47 than a ruler, I suppose.

And if you're going to cover the Xbox 360, I don't see why you wouldn't cover the PS3 or Nintendo Revolution as well.
Master Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2005, 14:47   #6
logan
flashback!

logan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice.

However, discuss link needs fixing (points to the "article discussion" sub-forum).

oh, and did someone mention grammar police?
Quote:
The early benches we run looked pretty...
When do I get my badge and tazer?
Old 28th Sep 2005, 14:48   #7
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

The article discussion forum link should be fixed - I did so about 5-10 minutes ago.
Old 28th Sep 2005, 15:16   #8
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan
When do I get my badge and tazer?
Tazer? No one mentioned tazers...
Where do I sign up
Old 28th Sep 2005, 16:18   #9
AdeTBun
Multimodder

AdeTBun has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Does this mean that I can look forward to been able to read posts without wondering what the odd looking words mean? Oh good.

Just a quick comment in reply to the question of coverage for consoles, I'd quite like to see coverage of older technologies such as PS2. I know that PS2s aren't exactly cutting edge but they're not exactly antiques either.

Thanks.

Ade

Last edited by AdeTBun; 28th Sep 2005 at 16:28.
AdeTBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2005, 16:19   #10
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeTBun
Does this mean that I can look forward to been able to read posts without wondering what the odd looking words mean? Oh good.
We're attempting to make the place as coherent as possible - I'm sure people will improve the discussion if the post content is of a higher standard.
Old 28th Sep 2005, 16:38   #11
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
I dunno about the grammar police, but here's a Grammer nazi for ya.
Old 28th Sep 2005, 17:13   #12
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
We've also, in what is perhaps a first for an online forum, started up our own version of the grammar police.
huzzah!
It's only fair to use decent English to help make the place more intelligible for all the non-native-speakers.
Old 28th Sep 2005, 17:35   #13
Tomm
I also ride trials :¬)

Tomm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So, Wil does his work on a mac, and plays his games on a console. And just uses a PC for playing about with shiny expensive hardware?
Old 28th Sep 2005, 18:25   #14
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm®
So, Wil does his work on a mac, and plays his games on a console. And just uses a PC for playing about with shiny expensive hardware?
basically, yes
Old 29th Sep 2005, 04:55   #15
tank_rider
Ultramodder

tank_rider has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
fraid your not the first internet forum to be using grammar police, as has been pointed out another forum already does this, and a mountainbike trials forum i frequent regularly actually uses a spelling checker to correct some of the more common mistakes such as the osme used in the article as an example, there is also an accout named the "Spelling Bee" which can be used by any of the senior members (voted in for both good knowledge and good posting language), mods and admin, to correct spelling grammer and punctuation it also makes for some very comical posts!!

And on that note, after a long night out at the new freshers first night at Loughborough Uni and some pretty damn coherant posting on here for a drunkard, i bid you adue.
Main - e5200 @ 3.5GHz (akasa 965) || GA-EP31-DS3L || 2X2GB Crucial Ballistix || xfx GTX 260 || 500GB Seagate 7200.10 sata + 250GB Samsung sata + 160GB Samsung ide || NEC DVDRW || Enermax Liberty 400W || Antec P180 || 22" Fujitsu Siemems TFT
Media - X2 4400 @ 2.4GHz || Epox 9NDA3+ || 2GB RAM || 6800gs || 80GB Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 || LG DVD RAM || Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454
tank_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2005, 05:13   #16
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Heh, Kelsey Grammer + Hitler 'stache = win. I SO didn't get that until I realized his name is only Fraiser Craine in the TV show...

I love the new forum layout, what with project logs and not psoting liek an idi0t. Oh, waitaminit...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeTBun
Does this mean that I can look forward to been able to read posts without wondering what the odd looking words mean? Oh good
Erm... hypocrite. "being" perchance?

I mean, spelling errors one and a while no biggie (especially to the many of us, though not myself, who aren't first-language-is-English types) but some posting sanity is good. Except when using this craptastic keyboard that I'm using... but that's what I get for not being bothered to use my main keyboard on my spare rig while my main one is "under the dremel".
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote