1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 30 Percent Failure Rate for the 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 26 Jun 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Decent interface? Half of the interface on a PC is taken up by options to try and give you the "Best experience for your system", you'll spend the first few hours tweaking settings then finally play before you realise that a driver is causing instability and then have to reinstall software.

I like the "Pop it in the drive and play" don't install to hard drive, apart from saving, don't fiddle with AA this and AS that, just jump in and play.

Yes the PC has some advantages, but I strongly believe that the PS3 with a keyboard and mouse has taken that crown away now.

2. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

LOL! You can't find a rig that will play either of those games at 1920 x 1080i or 720p for 400 dollars. In the US PC games are almost the same ammount of money as new releases 50 vs 60, although quite a few games for the consoles are selling at the 50 dollar price point the first week now.

3. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

hmmm lets see, if you buy a PC of equal power to a console, then your looking at like a £300 rig or something

spend a bit more and you start to pwn the console, also don't forget that MS/Sony/ninty partially subsidise their consoles, so they are actually about another £100 or so
    Secondly, games on consoles are £40-50
    Games on PC's are £30 when new, usually dropping to £20 and you can for eg pick up doom3 now for £10

also i think only the PS3 is natively doing 1080i, i believe the 360 is up scaling (correct me if I'm wrong though), oh and don't forget how hideously expensive a 1080i screen is, not that a 20" pc screen is much better (but has a better resolution)

Also you cant even customise the interface on the console, and they are forever updating them to break anything custom, because you obviously shouldn't be allowed to do what you want with your own console

i would also take a PC any day over a console, the games are a lot better and £10-20 cheaper on average, plus it does loads more, and there are plenty of free games, and you can do what you want with it, plus keyboard & mouse > controller for all games (except racing but then you need a steering wheel which you can get for pc, and you can even use a controller on your pc if you really want)

4. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

The PS3 does 1080p natively while the 360 has specific titles that allow for it depending on the size of the game. Both consoles do 1080i natively, but again it depends on the game. Both console WILL do 720p. A 1080p TV IS expensive, but it's not hideously expensive. You can grab a used JVC LT-40FH97 40INCH LCD HDTV with Full 1080p off PriceGrabber for close to $1100. Not too shabby considering my family spent $2,000 on our Projector setup 1 year ago when 720p was 'the thing'.

As for the customization of consoles, both the PS3 and the 360 allow for you to change your background pictures, certaint text and also colors which is pretty much the same thing you can do on the PC, but why does it matter? You aren't USING a desktop, you should be playing games for crying outloud.

I agree with you on the buying a PC over a console. You WILL get the most out of your PC as of day one on the games you pay full price for and the games will drop in price a whole lot faster than console versions due to there not being as much licensing fees and all that bullcrap you have with consoles because we all know that both Sony and Microsoft have to make profit through software and peripherals, so that's why the prices drop quicker on the PC side, but now with this "Games for Windows" push coming out, PC games may stay expensive for a little while longer.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

5. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

I didn't know they made tri core 3.2 64 bit processors.... FYI the 360 has a max capability of 9.6 GHZ, with 512mb of XGDDR3. You can't get either of those for the price of the actual console.

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

holy crap that is alot

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

That was the original intent for DirectX 10, according to the 2002 issue of Maximum PC I have.

8. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info :)

You can do a lot more then that on a PC, and i don't know about you, but i don't play games 24/7, i don't even like to, and there are lots of things you can do on PC (like surf the Internet, read the news, chat with your friends, etc etc)

9. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

I think PS3 is far far far away from "taking the crown" and almost definitely never will.
    For starters PC games have user-created mods and such.
    You only have to muck about with all the settings if you want to get the very best graphics/display out of the game, otherwise usually its just a quick install (Depending on your system and which game) then play!

I do prefer gaming on a console, but as far as FPS games go, PC will ALWAYS be king.

Tags: Add Tags