1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bye bye AllofMP3... or not

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Don't know who wrote this but
    is a really dumb thing to write imo. They're not doing anything morally or legally wrong - so how does it constitute "no good"?

Oh and it might have been an idea to mention that mp3spark needs www. before it, otherwise its a case of link no worky.

3. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

Has he been banned for his comment ?

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

He's perma-banned, he's only allowed to post when his conscience allows it.

5. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

hehe

What I want to know is, does this new site accept credit cards, or do you still have to go through 50 other sites to get your money to them?

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Which pretty much ammounts to whenever I want to flame DougEdey or spew vitriol at someone. No Plagio, I ain't been banned - tis an old old joke is all :)

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

But you do it with love
    [/OT]

Anyway, to be honest I don't care too much for MP3 download sites, I use the radio now because it's less hassle, untill Westwood comes on, then I fall into a coma from old-man-trying-to-be-down-with-it stress

8. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

In your opinion they may not be doing anything legally or morally wrong; however, they were closed down and then replicated the website in an almost mirror copy under a different domain name. This is obviously very provocative and is going to cause a lot of controversy so therefore they are up to 'no good' in purposely attempting to cause conflict.

Calm down.

9. RobR

RobR What's a Dremel?

The Hydra Effect

Cut off one head, and another appears. Thats kind of the way it seems with MP3 sites.

Interestingly, most news sites have been reporting mp3sparks.com as "new", when it has actually been around for months. That's right, it didn't just appear in the last few weeks!

There are 15+ similar MP3 providers out there (many of them Russian), which means that it's not a question of if and where, its "which one do I choose from?". The site www.songboom.com , for example, has reviews for more than a dozen of them and does side-by-side comparisons.

Even if allofmp3 is completely gone, there will always be a replacement that pops out of nowhere.

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and when it is gone the MPAA will make a press announcement on the success of its campaign against cyber terr.... piracy... and then there will be the hydra effect above.

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm perfectly calm, I just don't agree with what was written. Nor do I agree that they're purposely trying to cause conflict. They're merely trying to run a legal business venture in order to earn money. If anyone is up to no good it's the Russian and US governments, and the RIAA/IPA. Since they are the ones circumventing Russian laws in order to get a place shut down, and they are the ones encroaching on and harassing perfectly law abiding business men.

12. riggs

riggs ^_^

Hehe, my Allofmp3 account balance was about minus $2 before closure...woot! I may sign up to the new one, depends on the variety of content.

13. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Can't get mp3spark to load, anyone else had luck with it?

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

specofdust how about considering "Those crazy Russians are up to no good again." a sarcastic remark?

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yes, I could. It just annoyed me a little (For the above explained reasons).

16. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

I think that allofmp3 has really shown what the buying public wants, which is unrestricted and cheap downloads. As long as the RIAA keep suing little girls and the elderly because they are too stupid to change their business model, I have no problem for paying for what may or may not be legal depending on whose rules you follow. The US music industry is broken, until it is fixed, honestly, the hell with them.

I love music, and I will buy from anywhere I can that the RIAA has a problem with just to spite them.

17. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Breach says it all, the music industry just has to change its business model. I'd pay for music if there were an easy and cheap (< $0,3 per song) way to do so, so far I haven't found any (not that I was looking for one..).

18. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

It would all be nice if I werent into such a niche music taste.. But then again.. I support the indie labels by paying that little extra. Roughly £5 an album.. Whether that be various artist or one..

19. Micric

Micric What's a Dremel?

From what I know AllofMP3 was perfectly legit and it was someone or someones leaning on the Russian government. Now I say, that's just not cricket.

I cannot either.

20. macroman

macroman The One

Allofmp3 still lives - if you know where to look ;)

Personally I hope that that Allofmp3 has a patent on their business model, Since once the big asses finally shut them down, they are sure to start using it for themselves! Lower quality = cheaper downloads.

Allofmp3 is dead - long live Allofmp3! :clap:

Tags: Add Tags