1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft extends Xbox 360 warranty

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 6 Jul 2007.

1. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Mine ran out like 6 months ago. Not had any major problems yet, but I had already decided that if it breaks after the warranty expired, I'd just fix it myself. Kind of glad now that it hasn't broken beforehand as now Microsoft will fix it for me.

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

I might actually buy one now :eek:

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

It's sad to think that you would have to deal with this yourself and that M$ would just get off scott free if you don't get the 3 red lights because you now that if the PS3 had problems anywhere close to this it would be ripped to pieces by anyone and everyone even IF they extended the warranty. It sucks to be the top dog I guess, but hopefully this next PS3 price drop (and maybe PS Home and a few must-have titles) will help better justify it's existence.

4. FR34K

FR34K What's a Dremel?

heck, if it's just that the heatsink overheating, they might as well include about $250-300 in the purchase...then I can install my own cooling system.
    If it's seriously the motherboard, they should do some kind of recall for all failing systems(that haven't been tampered with) with enough replacements to cover any that are turned in.

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Dude, M$ Game Studios would go completely bankrupt if they had to do that, why do you think they are only warrantying the "red ring of death", but nothing else after the 1st year? That way they make everyone happy even though they are doing the least amount possible (attacking the problem only as it comes in instead of sending out or giving rebates for AC solutions) and making it seem as if they care about servicing their products even though it has taken these problems to justify their first '90-day to 1 year' extension in the warranty and now this 'extension', but I completely agree that they should either a) give rebates for aftermarket cooling solutions or b) recall all 360's and do the install themselves (which would probably be financial suicide). This is why I probably will never buy a 360 because you will also need to tack on another $25 or so for something like a Nyko Air Cooler bringing the actual price of the 360 Premium to $420 and $490 for the Elite unless you want to deal with the chance you have to send in your 360 or damage your HD with all of your saved games, so now how is the PS3 looking to you? Pretty darn good after this "rumored" price drop if you ask me, but only after they get some more games to the system.

Last edited: 6 Jul 2007
  6. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Sooo glad I didn't get an aftermarket case or watercooling kit for my 360.

Brilliant move by Microsoft, they addressed their problem that was quite apparent and are offering free repair if you have that specific problem.

7. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

I've just called MS to find out how the refund works, and there's an automated message saying that they will process the refunds without any request. You do need to wait 10-12 weeks for the cheque though :(

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

10. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

im just going to pour water on mine and pop it. then claim under the 12months warranty from game station

Tags: Add Tags