1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 20 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I didn't enjoy the games on 360 at all, I thought it was the game type, so I got RB6:Vegas on 360 cheap (£18 new :D) and loved it. So I think it's just something about GRAW.

3. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

A shot to the big toe... has me laughing out loud.
    If that's truly the case, I say that TC:E > GRAW2.
    Or any old realism mod.

H.B.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2007
  4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds a bit disappointing really - I think they should've implicated proper character damage, because let's be honest, in a game that's about urban warfare, trying to be as realistic as possible, we need something vaguely realistic about it imho.

The graphics are a disappointment too - the last one wasn't awesome in that respect imho, and coupled with it's glaring interface/control problems, as well as not being able to jump/move over tiny obstacles, made it a fairly crappy game imho.

I was hoping for so much more from this one too...

5. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

i thought it was very good for the xbox except for teh fact the campaign was to small, and the only problem with the multiplayer is that is kicks you out a serious amount for no reason so hopefully they fixed that for the computer

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I think you guys are too spoilt graphics wise. I think the game looks great.

7. Spiny

Spiny What's a Dremel?

Bargain

This is a great game, especially given that you can pick it up for less than 20 quid. Co-op is great.

Be aware though - joining internet games / the browser is pretty flaky.

We had a 4 player co-op session last night. All of us patched to 1.02. We couldn't start a co-op internet game and have all of us join or see the server. Sometimes one of us couldn't see the server in the browser, one of us could see it but not join etc, depending on who was hosting the game.

Eventually we gave up and played a LAN game over Hamachi which worked first time.

If you're hosting you have to forward around 10 or so ports - ridiculous.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Co-op makes even **** games good though, plus I wouldn't consider £20 a 'bargain' by any means.

9. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Ah just the man. What is the C0-OP like buddy. This is where the fun is for me. Just wondering what the AI performance is like and the overal squad based fun factor. Can't view the review due to firewall at work:grr:

10. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

from xbox im sure tis going to be similiar the ai is prertty smart and the more players there is in your party the more enemies there is going to be so thats good but the network problems and what not seem to have been brought over and makes having matches you want very ahrd to happen

11. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I loved the MP demo, so I think I'll be picking this one up sometime in the future.

Bad graphics? I think they look great.

And AI can be unpredictable. At least when playing online you can think like a human to defeat a human.

12. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

There's humans on the internet? Damn and I thought I was playing against Marvin the Martian.:D

13. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Does this game looks terribly bland to anyone else.

14. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

if you shoot someone's foot off at the ankle, they will bleed out very quickly.

7.62 will screw you up no matter where you get hit.

besides, the author dishes crap about it being a shoddy tactical shooter without offering any alternatives.

I'm curious. is there actually anything better on the market now?

15. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

Compared to the price of console games is it a bargain imo. Even moreso when you go further back to the rip-off SNES, megadrive and N64 days. Where certain games were £70!!

16. CardJoe

Don't get me wrong, I like the game (kind of), but that doesn't mean it is any good and it isn't what I'd call a simulation by any means. There's not even any scope wobble.

Alternatives? Well, theres R6 Vegas, which I've not tried but which is apparently good as well as all sorts of older titles. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other great tactical games, unless you count Hitman series, but that doesn't mean that this game is any better. Just because there isn't anything better and new available right now doesn't mean you should settle for this, unless you really like co-op, which is quite good.

17. stevie1556

stevie1556 What's a Dremel?

I'm getting this game for the cost of a few beers over the weekend (bro in law bought it but his system can't run it :D). Also got my new monitor and graphics turning up on weds next week, can't wait to try it out :)

18. CardJoe

Ok, but watch out for the bugs that randomly prevent you from progressing in the game and will force you to start a brand new campaign. I installed it at home and quickly fell prey.

Tags: Add Tags