1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: NLM. FINISHED 11.08.07

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jegerjon, 6 Feb 2007.

1. Frido

Frido Minimodder

Go for orange connectors on the USBhub in the foot of the monitor! Less cable hassle and top bragging rights ;)

/Frido

2. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Sweet! When are we getting a pic of the complete system?

3. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

Thank you guys.

I wont work any more on the monitor, I just did it because I felt good with it, now I like the result, I like the simpleness and I don't think I'll add anything, in my eyes it's how I want it.

About the case, I had hoped that I could manage to give you a update, but I've painted some stuff which need to dry before I can give you one. But the case is very close to be finished, I think I'll be able to give you the last update this week.

4. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

That monitor looks amazing, great work! :thumb:

5. clownfart

clownfart Hardware Enthusiast

Thats so awesome, good work man.

6. jegerjon

Thank you Evange and clowfart!

Update 34 – The last details @ Monday the 23rd of July 2007.

Intro
    Well, NLM is getting close to finished. Actually I had everything connected today. But while I was installing my OS the harddrive crashed, I checked it, and sadly there was a lot of errors. Bet you guys were right, a harddrive WON’T work after it has been opened. So guys, DON’T do it. I’ll use another 160gb Seagate IDE disk I have laying around. This time I won’t mod it with a window :hehe:

But here I’ll bring you some of the stuff I’ve done today and yesterday.

The funny part

[​IMG]
    First thing I had to do was to fix that ugly back.

[​IMG]
    Woila, you won’t see the radiator from now of ;)

[​IMG]
    Then I did some wiring which’s going to power up the harddrive.

[​IMG]
    This is how I want it ;) That’s good.

[​IMG]
    Next step – painting the backside of the sidepannel. It looks good now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Painting the I/O panel, and the PCI-bracked for the GFX.

[​IMG]
    Here I want to show you the glowwire, which I received from http://www.vibelights.com/ The first time I connected the glowwire, the inverter just blew off, I mailed vibelights and they send me a new. It’s working just fine now ;)

[​IMG]
    This is the inverter, it’s not huge, and it’s easy to hide in the case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I milled out a slice in the plexi in the back. Then I putted in the glowwire, and it should look just great ;)

[​IMG]
    - You see this? Omg, not beautiful. Lets do something about it!

[​IMG]
    After some drawing, cutting, bending, fileing, drilling and painting I got this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just nice!

I do only need to get the new harddrive installed and then collect the monster! Which mean that it should be finished tomorrow or Wednesday!
    I do really like it, final pictures with all the details etc. etc. will arrive soon ;)

Last edited: 23 Jul 2007
  7. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

VERY nice project jegerjon, very clean work!

8. Predatator295

Predatator295 What's a Dremel?

MAYBE I COME FROM ANOTHER WORLD... BUT I DON'T LIKE THIS MOD... SOMETHING I CAN'T EXPLAIN, BUT I FIND THIS UGLY...
    BUT A REALLY HARD JOB DONE, CONGRATULATION FOR THIS

9. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

No need to scream though. But yeah, I agree 100% with you..... you ARE from another world.

10. Predatator295

Maybe, but it's my opinion... I think i want two much, for exemple, my favorite mods are the modsquad mods... the best modder of this forum. but, as i said, the work on this mod is "perfect" and a send my congratulations for this

11. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

The fact that you have a TT Shark sais enough :hehe:
    I do have to say though, you cannot argue about anybody's taste. I can understand that you don't like the squared look. My preference goes to round shapes as well, and I don't like the mesh on the inside either.

12. Predatator295

yes, i think it's the squared look and the mesh inside... maybe it's two much for one mod...
    AND I LOVE MY SHARK, lloll

13. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

And we all find your ThermalTake Shark ugly.

Heh, go figure.

14. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I totally agree
    But this mod, I love the look, clean minimalistic, simply amazing (that's why I bought a P182). The forethought that has gone into this mod is simply amazing. The acrylic work, the precision with the layering of metal and acrylic on the front panel. Astounding. I love the mesh inside too. Really cleans up the inside of the case to an even higher degree (It was very nice already) I also love the matching monitor, it compliments the case and elevates this mod to a whole nother level of quality. Good Job!

EDIT Spelling

15. Frido

Frido Minimodder

@ Predator295: Every man his taste, right? ModSquad's mods are beautiful too :)

I agree with Brett89 - the whole case has been carefully planned, along the way it has been a pleasure following this worklog! Such craftmanship must be respected, the access to the materials has been splendid and the colour-scheme fits perfectly!

I'm in love with the mesh inside the case, it's the dot over the i :) And the small windows to let the waterblocks 'shine' through - awesome!!! Milling a 'canal' to make room for the glowire - superb! I could use the rest of the day to watch this worklog over again and again :)

Truly a masterpiece in my eyes, not too much bling bling - but quality everywhere!

@ Jegerjon: You wouldn't wait too long before embarking on another epic journey to your next mod, would you? ;)

/Frido, bowing in the dust for Jegerjon and other great modders!

16. jegerjon

modsquad @ Thank you, I've enjoyed reading your logs. Your work is even more clean, and I like that.

Dean MF @ :hehe:

Predatator295 @ Oh boy, I'll tryk to say what I mean in a "not that bitching way".
    It's guys like you who can ruin a great forum, and make people feel bad about their work. I don't think you've ever tried having a work log. It's not comments like your that we want.
    I'm not saying that you can't think what you want, because you really can.
    But if you want to flame my mod (or any other) you should think of the way you'll say it. 1: please get rid of the caps lock. 2: Please tell my WHY you think so (okay, okay you tell me in a later post) but in the first, I didn't even knew why you "hated" my mod that much.
    You're welcome to comment, but please take you some time, and do a little thought about your words.

Koradhil @ Dude, after watching your mods, I know your style ;) I like the soft and rounded edges to. But in contrast to you I like the mesh :)

Duste @ :hehe: (once again)

Brett89 @ Jesus! Thank you, that was a lot of sweet words :)

Frido @ Thank you for taking my party, and also for the very nice words :) Unfortunately there'll be no mods from me the next whole year, there'll simply be no time, I'm going at continuation school, but I'll be back with a new mod next year :)

17. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Well I love your mod, there is so much small details and well done work. :thumb:

But I have one thing that stands out bit too much (IMHO) from clean looking interior. The memory sticks, why don't you get some nice black heat spaders to cover them? :idea:

Im looking forward to see a new mod from you some day! Oh, and waiting also the final pics!

18. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

great mod, looks really clean

Are you planning on doing another???

19. Predatator295

Sorry, my english is bad, and it's hard to comment... but i will try
    you make a really good job as i said before, a long and hard job, your work is just perfect, but it's not the style i prefer, it's just that. maybe it's too much FOR ME, and the mesh a little too much FOR ME!
    But no panic guys, i just give my taste as i said, but for the work done i said :thumb:

20. jegerjon

Evenge @ Thank you, about the RAM - That's not a bad idea, I could mile something out, I'll take a look at that tomorrow :)

The_Beast @ Thanks ;) Well, I'm planing another one next year.

Predatator295 @ Aah much better ;) I accept your opinion :)

Tags: