1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project "Tikki Aquarium" - [update 040707: piranha madness]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 31 May 2007.

1. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

wow that looks great.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

congratulations on the July's best mod thingy, great case you really deserved it

nice prize too

3. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

:clap:

THANK YOU very much for your votings! i really feel honored that you like my project so much!!!

4. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

That's laminate flooring, not hardwood and is quite a bit cheaper than hardwood.

Very cool and innovative project, nice job indeed.

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Uh oh, I forsee trouble.

Those are red-bellied pacu. Vicious, and fast growing. Also, while not as bad as oscars, a dirty fish as well. I loved mine to death, his name was Venice. He was 7 months old when he died of filter failure (choked in nasty water, it goes real fast with fish like that.) At 7 months, he was nearly a foot long. He also ate things like plecostomus, smaller oscars and attempted to eat fingers. (Yes, they can and will injure you when they're full grown if you're careless.) LOved my fish, but he was a care nightmare.

I LOVE the case, but I wanted to try to save you some heartbreak...

6. Particle Man

Particle Man What's a Dremel?

Wow, that is insane. I can't wait till I can set up my aquarium agian.

7. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

the thick acrylic looks nice! suits well.

the keyboard, monitor & mouse however... f'ing excellent idea! looks great, but...

can i be a little picky here, i think it would look better if the whole mouse had the woodgrain finish, instead of having the black band around it. Maybe a nice countoured mouse such as a logitech mx 400 or mx revolution?

the other thing ill pick on is the monitor seems a little faint, i think you should do your magic and get it to a darker color more like the case!

excellent work however, looks great, the lighting, the fish, the 'wood' paint, the whole original idea!!!
    with the above mentioned mods, it would be a 11/10, atm i give it only 10/10 :)

8. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

ty!!:D:D

i know what you mean, but the mouse is complete in that woodgrain.....:D that black band is only a little bit darker than the rest, but on photos it looks pretty dark...i try to make a better pic of it in the next days....

the monitor was really in the wrong color so i have airbrushed the complete TFT again and here is a new pic of it

[​IMG]

@KayinBlack thanks for your care! i think that i know what you mean with the care nightmare...but therefore we already got a good filter which is now running inside so that the water quality should be no problem (as long as the filter works :D )

and i have to correct you....no pacu inside....:D i know that small pacus and small piranhas looks like twins (except the mouth) but when we got our little sweeties, they had both piranhas and pacus....we tooked the small piranhas because at that moment there was only 1 pacu left and we want a small gang of 4-5 fishes

9. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

That moniter's looking good. :thumb:

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

In that case, still, be careful. They're both of family Pirahnidae, with about the same appetites... but you know what issues you'll run into with those guys if they get big too...

I truly enjoyed this build. If I had the cash and I was nearby, I'd ask you to make me one too.

11. vipersnake

vipersnake What's a Dremel?

Looks really great, would buy one too, if there is a chance to get one :thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Good work at all, i love the acrylic parts amd the idea!
    :clap::clap::clap:

12. pcnews

pcnews What's a Dremel?

13. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

wow!!:clap::clap::clap::thumb:
    :thumb:
    thank you very much!

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

no it looks great :)

15. MercuryRising

MercuryRising What's a Dremel?

They'll grow quick, I had one red bellied Piranha and I could almost watch him grow.
    Are you going to make another aquarium case when they outgrow this one?
    Very nice build!