1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Memory Brand is the Best?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vegettoxp, 29 Jul 2007.

1. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys, I know I haven't gotten my motherboard yet, but I just wanted to know which Memory Brand is good out there. The reason I haven't gotten my motherboard is because I am waiting for Intel to release the X38 Chipset. When it comes out, I plan to get the board. I know one thing and that is it is gona Support DDR-2 and DDR-3 and since DDR-3 is gona be really EXPENSIVE, I thought I go with DDR-2 way for now and get DDR-3 Later when the price goes down.

With my old system I have used Kingston and Mushkin and I had no problems with them. I just wanted to get your guys thoughts on what other Good Brands I should look at. So if you guys can share your opinion on this subject, it will really help me out!

Thx for all the help guys!

P.S. Fusion

2. Teh C

Teh C Arg

I really like Corsair, they are still doing the fastest DDR2 out there, and they have a very wide range of performance too.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

G.Skill is my favorite brand. but as long as you get a big name, you should be alright.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Corsair, OCZ, Kingston, GSkill, Team Group, Patriot.

Can't really go wrong.

5. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

A motherboard that supports both DDR2 and DDR3 will only be able to use one type of ram at once which results in only two dimm slots being usable at one time. The other thing about these kind of boards is that they generally don't oc as far as other boards and perform slower. my choice would be to get a motherboard supporting just ddr2. memory wise i would go for corsair domminator

6. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

I notice you don't mention Crucial. I was going to get some Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800. Do you not recommend that brand then?

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yup, Crucial as well. Crucial is the end user brand of Micron, which makes all the popular "D9" DDR2 memory chips most other people use. Crucial online shop is more expensive than most other places though?! :S

8. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

So I am guessing its a good idea to wait for Intel's Offical release on X38 and then look for ram!

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Prices are still going to be outrageous for DDR3. Right now you can pick up very inexpensive DDR2 modules which will run at the same speed (or faster) as current DDR3 modules due to the infancy state of DDR3 memory ;)
    I use OCZ myself

10. naokaji

naokaji whatever

personally i've used ocz and g.skill over the last few years and never had any problems with them, but i'd say aslong as you dont buy some cheap noname rubbish you should be fine. and as far as ddr3 goes... i'm waiting like many others for x38.... then i'll trash my low end c2d and go quad, x38 + ddr3...

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Reliability and performance: Corsair
    Balanced performance and value: Crucial
    Value: Kingston

12. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Crucial! Corsair! Cellshock!

actually, anything is great, except kingston. Bah.

13. dutchcowes

dutchcowes less is more

Hi,

Always used Crucial from the beginning I touched a computer many moons ago, for the last couple of years have used Crucial Ballistix range and find that outstanding (overclocking etc). My main reason for staying with Crucial is, if things go wrong, good customer service and you can phone them!. Very fast returns/replacements, swop outs are not a problem, in my humble opinion a must.

14. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Corsair gets my vote!