1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Every lucasarts game ever

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by CardJoe, 27 Jul 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

[​IMG]

Just saw this picture from Comic Con 07. Every Lucasarts game ever, in mint condition. Needless to say it's quite a collection and I was able to spot some of my favourite games straight away - Monkey Island series, Loom, Jedi Knight. Those games were awesome.

Kinda begs the question though, why/when did Lucasarts stop from making good, original IP games and turn to just churning out crappy Star Wars titles?

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

They need to remake Xwing/Tie Fighter. They were awesome!
    KOTOR is the only real good game thats come from Star Wars lately, everything else hasn't been that good.

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Hard to believe they never really capitalised on this franchise. Starwars battlefront I/II were ok but where is the space combat we saw from Return Of the Jedi when the rebels assault the Half constructed death Star. With todays technology they could make an awesome update of those 2 classic games. The starwars license has been a bit of a roller coaster ride. We live in hope...

Last edited: 27 Jul 2007
  4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Jedi Knight and X-Wing series were awesome stuff. Would definitely be nice to see them come back.

5. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

I love monkey island. And in mint condition, must of taken some time and money to find them all.

6. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

cmon, you all know that dark forces was genius.
    and rebel assault was good in a crap way but then i was playing it on a mega-cd so i couldnt ask for much!

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I thought they missed Dark Forces but I seen it. I loved that game and was my first PC game I actually bought and was my first CD game ever. Remeber having to create a boot disk for it so I can run it under dos. So much hard work to get games to work in those days. My Tutor wanted to play it so he would let use use his PC in school at lunch time if I left it thier for him to play the rest of the day. Great Memories.

8. Motchan

Motchan Motchan

Yes! My dad had a cruddy old Apple Mac Powerbook with a docking system. It was so pitifully powered you could only play Dark Forces with its 'state of the art' graphics in a tiny little letterbox window. It still kicked ass because I was such a star wars fan at the time and loved being able to run about blasting storm troopers. It was a great game, great music, some scary moments and a good storyline. Thats what got me into FPSs, that and the old Marathon series that were such a big hit on the Mac and led Bungie to create Halo.

I also loved Rebel assault 2. It was simple but effective. Flying the Millenium Falcon and Tie Fighters through little caverns and canyons was cool and took me a while to crack.

I would have loved X Wing to be easier but it was so hard to keep those pesky Tie fighters in your sights to take them out they moved too fast. Maybe I just had a rubbish Mac joystick but it was nigh impossible.

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Tis a shame they have seemed to have turned to churning out SW games, IMO the majority of SW games and overwhelmingly disappointing apart from a few diamonds in the rough like KOTOR.

10. The_Gimpy

The_Gimpy What's a Dremel?

They were responsible for me becoming a pc gamer in the first place. So many good titles back when i was a kid. I remember being so excited for the new monkey island games, or the Dig, that was a great game too. I even liked afterlife, and I'm not big on Sim games. But I never did enjoy the star wars games. I'd love to see some of those old titles be reincarnated into new games.

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

What a coincidence - I was playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis a few hours ago. DosBox... for good times.

12. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Ah..DosBox, letting me play games on hardware that beats the requirements a hundred times over. Dark Forces has got to be my favorite shooter from the DOS ages. Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith were great, Jedi Knight 2 was pretty nice also. X-Wing/Tie Fighter was a good time too, along with the original Rogue Squadron for N64! There are way too many Star Wars games these days, but half of them are fun, like Lego Star Wars and KOTOR, but some I just can't get into like the classic lucasarts games.

13. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Any chance of a bigger picture ? I still own a whole load of lucasarts games, though havent got the patience for them anymore! I know graphics dont really matter but it is nice to have something at least a little shiney to look at :)

Ah well, the old games will at least be forever wedged into my memory as awesome :)

14. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I totally missed X-Wing and TIE Fighter and grew up with the reletavely unknown X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter, easilly the best multiplayer flight combat game I've ever played, I spent hours dogfighting my brothers. Ah an up date would be truely awesome of those, imagine the scale of the battles with today's capabilties!

Ah Dark Forces, great game, great guns, great enemies, APART from the bloody underwater squid type things (the name escapes me) you met in the sewer level, the second one in the game IIRC. They only appeared when they were a second from killing you, scared the living shite out of me repeatedly.

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Team deathmatch, spawning from carriers? mmmmmmmmmm.... :D

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

It's so hard to play the old FPS(ish) games though, since every game had a different set of controls back then - no standard WASD. I'd fired up Shadow Warrior not too long ago and couldn't figure out how to aim properly for the life of me. But Dark Forces was the awesome.

17. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Especially given the fact you wouldn't need to render much in the way of a landscape. Ah it'd be a beautiful thing to witness...

Lol, I know what you mean. Some of the old games had crazy controls, Realms of the Haunting (still the scariest game I ever played), required iirc arrows keys to move, left ctrl to fire and the mouse to aim, it practically required two people to play it.

18. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I really enjoyed StarWars: Republic Commando.. damn, what a fun game :thumb: I wish they'd make a sequel :sigh:

Oh man, did I ever hate that level ! :grr:

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Realms of The Haunting? I needed a colstomy bag to stop me sh***ing myself when I played that.

No, really...

Tags: