1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Simpsons Movie

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 30 Jul 2007.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I was supposed to see it with a friend but he changed his mind

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

No sir you are incorrect. Ive seen it and it was a good laugh.

U'll get my joke when you see it.:naughty:

3. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

Watched it the day it came out. I found all the funniest parts were wrecked by the previews, which was saddening. Still a pretty good laugh though.

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Have to agree with that, which is why thankfully I didn't see any of the previews until after I saw the movie. (which is what I generally try to do anyway)

5. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

To me it seemed just like a long episode. I got a few laughs and wouldn't say it was crap, but thought they could have done a lot more with it.

When it got to the end I thought "is that it?".

6. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I'm not quite sure what people were expecting? Some kinda of epic CGI movie with a clever/pretentious plot and interweaving storylines? Er, no thanks. That would have ruined it. As it is, they made a super-long episode that was funnier than any other. All good :D

7. led_zeppelinzoso

led_zeppelinzoso What's a Dremel?

I just saw it two hours ago, and loved it. I was worried they would just take a normal episode and stretch it to an hour and a half, but they didn’t. It was all golden. And yes it did stray away from the simpsons usual plot… uhh, no it didn’t… The simpsons is a comedy, the move is a comedy, duhh. They did it the only way they could have, I’m glad it wasn’t like the family guy move, AND, even though the simpsons has resorted to the family guy jokes (“Remember that time I…”) they didn’t do that at all in the move. The only downside was the animation… in any of the shots that weren’t close up and fixed on the character looked really bad

8. Morphine-Kitty

I thought the animation looked awesome.

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hilariously awesome. One of the best ways I've ever ended a Monday.

10. Mars

Mars Minimodder

I thought the landscapes etc were better quality then in the episodees but that also made the characters look a bit less quality (as already mentioned).
    Still thought the film was really good and enjoyed it and most if not all of the people in the cinema enjoyed it too going by their reactions.

11. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Well I just watched it but I dont rember any refrences to 'GAY GAY GAY GAY!'. Maybe I just have realy bad memory.:lol:

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I thought the animation quality was awesome personally.

13. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

Same here!

14. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

2.5D! My favourite number of dimensions!

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks like its the same as Futurama graphically apart from less of an obvious divide between the 2D and 3D.

Oh and can everyone stop saying its good. I have discovered that the more a film gets shot down and then is actually good, the more I enjoy it. Thus the reason I'm only reading the crap reviews written by people with no funny bones.

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's not like the movie of the century or anything but it's alright, there are funnier episodes around.

16. Morphine-Kitty

I personally think movie of the century goes to 300. Watched it 13 times, watching it a 14th now, not even old yet. :D (no, I do not have a life)

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It's what Homer was chanting under his breath in church when Flanders said he wanted to confess something.

18. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

It's not getting old because there's no story to get bored with. Superb action and cinematography, but a poor film overall imho. :p

I loved the simpsons movie, the titanic bit with Green Day had me practically in tears from laughing so hard. :D

19. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

I found it great. It was muuuuch more 'modern' than the episodes on C4 at the moment:p

20. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

I'm surprised how many people enjoyed it. I thought it was a good movie for a few cheap laughs but the story really ruined it for me. Usually Simpsons stories interweave and twist really well. Most of the scenes in the movie seemed to exist solely for the sake of a joke.
    What was the point in the pig? What happened to him when the house collapsed? Why did Bart suddenly develop resentment towards Homer and shun him in favour of Ned? What was the point in Lisa's Irish friend? It didn't contribute to the story at all. Was free donuts the best reason they could come up with for Homer polluting the city? Why did they go to Alaska and then back again?

To me it felt like a big ball of plot threads patched together with jokes which didn't really go anywhere. Perhaps they suffered from having too many writers and too many ideas.

Another thing, where were all the pop culture and current event references? Titanic and Al Gore are the only ones that I remember. It seems to me the movie was aiming a bit lower than the series usually tries to do in terms of the level of humour.

Tags: