1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Month - July 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 Jul 2007.

?

Who should win Mod of the Month for July 2007?

Poll closed 9 Aug 2007.
  1. "Endorphin" by DAE_JA_VOO

14.5%
  2. "Skyscraper" Photo PC by slipperyskip

15.5%
  3. "Impossible" Modding by rigormortem

29.1%
  4. "Gearbox" by THEkorean

11.8%
  5. "ATX Cube Case" by Dean MF

7.3%
  6. "Apple Core Duo" by Cyprio

21.8%
  1. DAE_JA_VOO

DAE_JA_VOO What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys, seems a bit more fair now :D

I've always wondered about the matter, and i see now that i was not alone...

2. lisimengok

lisimengok What's a Dremel?

i love "Endorphin" by DAE_JA_VOO and "Impossible" Modding by rigormortem ,hehe~

3. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Mmm, let's talk about the voting issue...
    As Dean MF with his mother, my wife told me if she can crate an account to vote...
    I said no...
    This is not my way of living...
    I can even vote for myself, but I don't suppose this is correct.
    I don't want to win, for me the respect from the other modder is more important.
    Ok, a new mobo and a box full of ACRyan items can be interesting, but I have a new modo right now, and I can always buy some ACRyan stuff if I'm in need.
    The satisfaction for me is to have the "mod of the months" page printed out and placed in my lab, not more...

I suppose , if I can give my 2 cents, that the minimun posts to vote is 30 post minimum as jegerjon suggested.
    Even the slipperyskip ideas to talk about the reason for the vote can be intesting, here in italy a good site, www.freemodding.it , for the 2006 contest have the same voting rules : minimum 50 post (i hope to remember well) and the vote must be explained to the community. Here is the link to the final voting thread : click here

My 2 cents...

4. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I think 50 posts is a little hard tbh, the 15-30 is a bit more reasonable for a couple reasons. If someone were to come to this site with the intent on voting, the 15-30 posts would force them to make a small but reasonable commitment before doing so. A nice convo in the General section and commenting on a few project logs would do the trick. Enivitably, this said person, having contributed to the forum and having received a hearty welcome from fellow members would be hooked and upon voting for her/his favorite mod, would start dreaming up her/his own ideas with the hopes of being voted on one day.

Really i'm just saying it'd be nice to have the best of both worlds: both more votes and new contributing members.

With that said, I voted for slipperyskip but there are a lot of really good mods this month.

5. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

I would like to add my thanks for the nomination as well as all the kind comments. :thumb:
    The modding community need websites like Bit-tech to spur people on and give them a chance to show their hard work.

6. The X

The X What's a Dremel?

Hi at all !!!

I can't vote 4 the contest BUT i would give in this way my preference :

"Impossible Modding" by RigorMortem

He's my mentor and all of that i know come from him !

7. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

I decided to vote rigormortem because I just simply like his work. Also judging his statements here and other modding forums I've got the picture that he has hard time translating his thoughts in English, so my vote is also a thank for giving effort just to share his work to us non Italian modders/modding fans

But I still love a lot other mod of the month candidates too! Great work guys! :thumb:

About the voting, I give my support to the idea that voters should have 30 posts before they can vote in any contest.

8. Laky

Laky What's a Dremel?

This was a tough decision! I ended up voting for slipperyskip, mainly because I'm a big Art Deco fan and I like the direction his mod is has taken. Dean's Cube and Cypro's Apple Core Duo were right behind though.

9. Lupo_IM

Lupo_IM ItaliaModding staff

first of all, I think that changing rules when a contest is beginned, imho, is not serious, but I saw that the grievances was a lot... so I understand the bit-tech staff (the best modding site and forum imho :rock:).

Now I've 16 posts, but I can't vote... why? :confused: in the link above is written that if I'm a member for at least 2 weeks or have made 15 posts I can vote...

'or', not 'and'

peace ;)

Andrea :)

10. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

As everyone else seems to have expressed an opinion here is my 2 pence on the voting issue:

I will agree with rigormortem and jegerjon that 30 or so posts should be enough to show that the voter is indeed interested in the hobby and not just signing up to vote for a friend and not even look at the other project logs.

Not being able to vote "until you have been a member for at least 2 weeks or have made 15 posts" still allows people to do this however. If you want "as fair as absolutely possible" as you state why not simply only allow voting to people who were members at the time when the mods were chosen to be in the contest?

Maybe you did mean "and" rather than "or" and that is why Lupo cant vote?

I realise you dont want to discourage people from signing up to the forums but i guess you also want people who are going to be active members and sign up cos they want to contribute.

Cyp.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2007
  11. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

It takes up to an hour after you meet the requirements before the forums will let you vote. If you are still having problems please pm me.

In future me might change the requirements, however they are currently doing the job intended.

12. Lupo_IM

Lupo_IM ItaliaModding staff

ok, now is all working well... ;) thanks... :D

13. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

The voting system MUST be broken, because for some reason, my votes are stuck at 7 :waah:

:hehe: LOL :hehe:

14. [-Stash-]

[-Stash-] What's a Dremel?

Apple Core Duo! Can't wait to see what the polished aluminium and blacked out parts look like :D

15. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Congrats rigormortem! Great work.

16. DAE_JA_VOO

Indeed :D

Great work :)

17. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Tnx a lot, guys, for me was a honor to be in the competition, but I never dream to win....
    Anyway, for me will be a pleasure to interview all the modder in the competion, and to put the text on my website, anyone interested? :)

18. DAE_JA_VOO

Sound like a plan :D

19. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Congrats Rigor! :)

20. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

:thumb:

Tags: Add Tags