1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PGR4 won't fit on a DVD, content axed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

For some reason, Bizzare are using seperate textures for day and night, and that's what eats up the space. I'm not a coding or graphics whizz, but that strikes me a little odd. Surely one set of textures and a decent lighting system would do the trick. You don't see Crackdown saying "insert disk 2" when it gets dark.

3. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

You might not see that but pgr4 was looking absolutely fantastic and even without day and night. Which im very happy that its gone since I can't race in dark. I crash too much. It will be better, less realistic but hey you dont drift round corners at 100 mph in real life either. Well just becuase sony has the space doesnt make it better, gran turismo is their leading racing game and its horrible, whereas xbox 360 has forza and pgr exclusive enough said.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2007
  4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Can they not just sell it to people through xbox live?

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

**** me mate, have you ever heard of full stops?!

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

lol thats funny. But why not make it a 2 Disc Game???

7. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

You do not need full stops when you talk utter dribble :thumb:

8. mikeuk2004

lol breathe mate breathe!!!!!! Thats it, in and out.

9. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

sony are being sued left right and centre for stealing technology from everywhere. There processor is stolen, there blu-ray drive stolen, the dual shock that was removed from the PS3 pads, because, it was also stolen. six axies, another technology stolen! these online service, stolen ideas that mircosoft and nintendo laid down years ago.

sony is not a innovator, there plagiarists! by stealing all these ideas the PS3 should only cost 50p as there are not paying any royalties to the creator of these technology & ideas. instead they are just robbing everyone blind with there piece of crap!

i cant wait for sony to fall, so microsoft and nintendo can actual stand out and be counted as the innovators that they so are!

10. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

simple lighting system or xbox live downloadable content should sort the problem out, but if there maxing out a DVD9 is the other content actual any good or just padding!?!

i would rather have 9GB of solid gameplay than 50GB of wadding!

11. mikeuk2004

ok ???? Do you want to read what you wrote and back it up with evidence?

12. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

Ok Yup DVD size is limited. But then when you buy a 360 game you done have to wait until it installs vast amounts of data onto the hard drive like the PS3.....

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The Day/Night texture thing confuses me, a good lightbox will solve the problems

14. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Whats the point? make to 2 dvd's duh! I remember the days when i had to swap 7 cd's to install a game, or 9 floppys. And now we remove half of a game because it wont fit on one dvd..

OOOOoo let me guess! It was Sony talk...

ah that figures

15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Why not fit it onto a HD DVD? Or is it a case that people dont want to buy the Elite, or the HD DVD drive, or is it that USB 2 simply isnt quick enough?
    Just spit balling here.

Sam

16. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Games can be cross disc, look at Blue Dragon

17. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

Two or more discs can work for linear games like Resident Evil 4 and Final Fantasy but not for driving games. It would be a pain in the ass having to change disc every time you wanted to play a different track and would be incredibly impractical to implement over live. Not that sony has the last laugh - the read speed on it's blu-ray drive is much slower than the 360's dvd meaning you need to install games to load those masses of textures.

18. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

then thay have to buy an HD-dvd drive for the xbox and it only holds 6gb more then an dvd9 disk (single layer hd-dvd), Dual layer HD-DVD disks cost alot and only offer 30gb as Blu-ray has 25gb or 50gb disks. i am in the blu-ray camp more for the disk space each disk offers just cant wait untill thay come down in price {wish it was not sony that made blu-ray heh HD-dvd be long gone now if it been supported by tosh, just have to wait for the slow death of hd-dvd}
    an combo HD-dvd reader, Blu-ray writer {DVD burner as well} i take as well i be able to back up my servers disk content

to make it 2 dvd thay have to update the xbox so it stops the exit from game on disk eject should not be to hard

but i guss the next xbox will have an inbuilt HD-drive over blu-ray drive for game makers BD is better offers more content space

19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Its not simple lighting though its the scenery and keeping the game interesting and looking nice, think about how a city is different at night versus the day, its not just because its dark its things like shop fronts etc. all the background stuff these will need there own textures and design.

20. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Devs should be pressuring MS into reducing the prices of the HDDs so that they can start releasing more 'HDD required' games. That way devs like Bizzare who want to swap textures around rather than use lighting can unpack the files onto the HDD.

Tags: Add Tags