1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's, "Blackout"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 2 Jun 2007.

1. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Quick update,...

Jul-31-2007

First. Scroll saw blades. Look how small they are! I though you guyz could use something to compare them too so I used this 30lb weight.
    [​IMG]

HA HA AH HA yea,.... heres the real shot. A dime and a 1/16" drill bit. Blade TPI from left to right,... if I remember correctly, 15tpi, 18.5tpi, 11.5tpi, and 46tpi.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Notice the different thicknesses of the blades. The 18.5 is by far the thinnest. It almost paper thin. This blade breaks easily when cutting aluminum.
    [​IMG]

Look what came in the mail! My 1/8" nylon spacers that smallparts.com didnt have before. I guess they got some and then charged me for them and sent them. thats just great seeing I already bought some. Oh well,... the more the better. They still didnt send my 1/8" screw insulators. They will probably do the same for those. They didnt say they were going to do this. This is what gets me.
    [​IMG]

Here's what you wanted to see. I didnt take pics of the two inner shield bracket things I cut out. Guess I forgot too:( Anyways. wasnt much to look at.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm going back to the studio today after I go to the gym. I'll be there all night seeing im on vacation! WHAHOO! I'll finish cutting the last side out and I will start filing them. OH! check it out! I found out they have scroll saw files!!!! And sand paper!!! I have to get some and see how they work! I was thinking to myself while filing by hand,... they should make a file that attaches to the scroll saw,... lol. They have it! I'll let you know how they work. I think they will save tons of time. TONS.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2007
  2. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

Never heard of that. Cool!

Your cuts look great (as does the whole project).

3. tribaloverkill

Thanks:) I'll let you know about the files and sand paper thing for the scroll saw. I am really intrigued by the idea of it:)

4. Teyber

Teyber ******

man i love it! nice blades.

Not trying to be ot or thread jack, but i FINALLY busted otu my small blades and did some interior work! its fun...

nice man

5. tribaloverkill

I cant say it's fun but its definitely interesting. good work man:)

6. tribaloverkill

Small update for Blackout. Spent a good portion of the night messing around with the Liquid Evolution stuff. check that log for an update.

Aug-02-2007

I got all the pieces cut out and cleaned. I washed away all the oil from cutting. I got that 3 in 1 oil everywhere! LOL. Anyways,... when i go back I will be filing and making the UV green equiv's for this stuff.
    [​IMG]

Going fishing today from 2pm till 7pm. When I get back I will be heading out the studio. It will be late when I get there but who cres! I'm on vacation! WHAHOO!!!

7. mrmagoo_83

mrmagoo_83 What's a Dremel?

3 in 1 is very easy to get everywhere, and you can feel it for weeks, or at least your head tells you that you can I guess. I need to go fishing, but alas, I have to work...as usual.

8. tribaloverkill

Not going fishing:( My buds are morons. Except the one dude,... he still wanted to go but his wife had his car and I wouldnt make it to him to then make it to the boat in time. I guess I'll just sleep and then go to the studio earlier.

9. Teyber

Teyber ******

tribal, what do you t hink of the scroll saw blades that have a blade edge all around the blade?

10. tribaloverkill

The spiral blades. They are very good in the sense you can cut in all directions but,... they break somewhat easy and it's very hard to cut straight lines while rushing. I like to rush becuase I have a lot to cut out:) I dont have time sit there milking all my cuts just to use the spiral blade. The The second blade over from teh dime is the one I use. It's 11.5TPI. Its very small, durable, and fairly thin.

11. tribaloverkill

DAMN! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! OMG I'M PISSED. The center shield is to long,... by, an inch! How did I miss that? OMG.

Aug-03-2007

Here I am filing the very nice but very much to long center shield.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SCROLL SANDING! This is my own version of it. Im using metal sand paper. Its actually a type of cloth so its strong enough for the stretching.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I use two strips back to back.
    [​IMG]

Damn. This is after trying to sand one groove. The aluminum kinda scrapes the grit off. It might work better on acrylic. I'll try it later.
    [​IMG]

Center shield all done.
    [​IMG]

Left side all done. Blurry pic. Sorry. I also finished the two inner shields.
    [​IMG]

REady to bend the center shield.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bent. This was a tricky piece to bend. I had to be super careful. I'll explain this in more detail when I remake this piece.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Came out pretty good! To bad its to long! I pretty much nailed the height,... it's just the length I failed to do right.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Damn. I'm sick to my stomach. All that work down teh drain. Its not like I can even attempt to use it. I could possibly cut off the back end but the hose holes will be covered by the 120mm fan:( I'll just make a new one. Should only set me back a day. In between working on making this again I'll continue on with the other pieces. So I keep you guyz moving forward. This thing is going to look bad ass though!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's length now,...
    [​IMG]

What it's suppose to be. Thats pretty much 1". Cant believe this.
    [​IMG]

Argh!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Its suppose to be a 1/4" behind that line there.
    [​IMG]

Anyways,... I'm not going to the studio today. I have to spend time with my friend who is moving far away at the end of the month. But I will be at the studio tomorrow morning and I will be there all day into the next working on this. Sorry guyz:(

12. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

My guess is that every modder knows this feeling. :(
    I think you are doing the best thing by taking a break from the project for a day. That's what helps me when things go wrong. Well, that and determination to get it right the second time round. :)

13. tribaloverkill

Oh. Ma. God. I just got home from 16 hour run at the studio. I worked 16 hours straight! Non-stop. Cutting. Filing. Sanding, polishing, drilling,... holy s@#%. I'm a friggin machine!!! I've havent been home in a few days. I have been running back and forth between my friends place and the studio. I have never spent so much time in the studio before. Damn. I was in there a lot but at first I did a lot of sleeping. It was weird,... I could work like 4 - 5 hours but after that I had to sleep! I'd lay down for like a couple of hours then get up and work another 4 - 5 then I'd have to sleep again! Thats kind of funny because I only get in about 4 - 5 hours normally when I am working at the hospital. My body is following a trend. I think I broke it though. I sleep like 12 hours like two night ago,... then I headed to the studio and got there about 2pm yesterday. I worked all the way till like 6:30 this morning. Straight. Truly amazing. Anyways, LOOK WHAT I MADE!!!

Aug-06-2007

First,.. look what I got, yet another square. I wanted to see if this one was any better then the others. It is but it's still off. Whats the matter with these damn companies and there crap equipment!!!
    [​IMG]

Check this out! I got another small file set!!! This set is JUST what I needed!!! It's smaller then my big ones yet bigger than my smallest ones! They are thin enough to fit in freshly cut 1/8" grooves! This means I can file them down quicker! Thanks god. Filing with those tiny ones suck!
    [​IMG]

Ok,... here are the 3 new pieces I need. OH. Yea,... I need 3 new pieces not just one. The center piece was off by an inch and the two inner bracket shields were designed specifically for THAT center piece. So I need new ones of those too. Sucky.
    [​IMG]

WHaLAAAA!! All done! LOL. I didn't take pics of my remaking these pieces because you already seen these being made. Anyways,... I nailed it this time around. What happened the last time? I dont know. *Kicks myself*
    [​IMG]

I used heat this time to make this bend. It came out so much better. The new one has the exposed bend as in there's no tape. This two pieces are aligned with each other perfectly. Look how much longer in front this thing is. This from having a S@#$%^ bend.
    [​IMG]

Very long in the back. *Kicks myself again*
    [​IMG]

New one fits perfecly. Just as its suppose to.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's going to look so yummy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You guyz creamin your pants yet!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh wow. I like.
    [​IMG]

Time for the acrylic! YEA!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bent and bolted. Ready for the trimming of excess material.
    [​IMG]

Done.
    [​IMG]

So nice. Time to drill out the hose holes.
    [​IMG]

EEEK! 4am and still moving along!!! Hmmm,... I can see my friend stacey got to my phone. B@#$%. Thats my nephew by the way. He's cute.
    [​IMG]

While you were staring at my phone I went ahead and drilled out the hose holes. Try and keep up!! I used the lovely uni-bit to drill these. I love that bit. Anyways,... I cant drill all the way through because the uni-bit will only drill up to 1/8". So I have to take off the aluminum and drill the acrylic by itself now.
    [​IMG]

Like so,...
    [​IMG]

Nice. I even counter-sunk them using the same bit. You guyz gotta get one of these things.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

While you were looking at my holes,... I sanded with an 80grit disc using the drill press.
    [​IMG]

This is 120grit by hand and then a foam sanding block by hand. All done.
    [​IMG]

Eye candy. Want some?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Time for the sides,... same routine.
    [​IMG]

Bang. Trimmed.
    [​IMG]

Etched,...
    [​IMG]

To Be Continued,...

14. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Oh wow! That looks awesome man!!

15. Teyber

Teyber ******

16. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

WOW! Seriously nice. That gives really impressive looking results. Well worth all the work that went into it, IMO.

As to the level, always check measurement tools, especially in todays mass production world. I once went through all the squares on display, then through all they had in their stock room. Out of all those, I found only ONE close enough for me. Similar experience on a level.

17. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Simply amazing Tribal.

How about some hex bolts to add the icing to the already amazing cake? :)

18. tribaloverkill

Hex bolts come last,...

19. tribaloverkill

OMG! OMG! OMG! Check it out! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Aug-07-2007

UV backing for the sides of the PSU.
    [​IMG]

Done.
    [​IMG]

Almost complete!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Milling the tabs for teh inner shield/ brackets. This works so well. When dont I can totally bend these tabs with a pair of pliers.
    [​IMG]

Milled,....
    [​IMG]

Bent. Nice and neat.
    [​IMG]

Look at that! I know it looks sloppy but it's not,... it's the camera I swear.
    [​IMG]

Pliers,...
    [​IMG]

Bent. Just like that:)
    [​IMG]

You see how this is going to work?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All done. Well not quite but most of the work is done. I totally forgot to snap a pic of the thread-serts being installed. Sorry.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is a problem. This is suppose to be under the center shield not sticking out like this. I have to fix this.
    [​IMG]

Some light. This is one LED. This is what it really looks like.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is the same LED on crack,...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Money shots,... God I love how this is all coming together. The shiny chrome with UV green all cluttered in there like that,... absolute yum.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

So yea,... I have to figure out how to fix those inner shields, to keep them from sticking out like that. Not much I can do. S@#$.

20. widmod

widmod Minimodder

awsome stunning great :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
    really professional work on that case, i wish i had your skills :naughty: