1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which side of the pillow?

Discussion in 'General' started by woof82, 4 Aug 2007.

?

which side?

1. warm

2.3%
  2. cold

92.0%
  3. cheesecake

5.7%
  1. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

Correctamundo!

Id actually forgot, but in uni-house I have one of those memory foam pillows, so only 1 side works, but at home with a normal pillow I dont really care.

I dont not use a pillow (i think ;))

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Thinking about it my pillow is practically unused. I like to have a big pillow but for some reason when my head has made itself comfortable I'm sleeping on the edge of the pillow with only like half inch thick of pillow between the back of my head and the bed.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

cold in the summer, warm in the winter

4. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

I swear to just about anything that has ever been worshipped that if someone doesn't explain in detail what the ****ing **** this is exactly about, I'm going to the nearest shop that is open on a Sunday and I'm going to throw a tantrum at the register.

Warm or cold what? Pillows? Is the warm side the one that has been "in contact with" the matress all day long? Are we talking about a special kind of pillow that heats up, like asswarmers (I'm sure they exist, no one likes a cold bum)? Is there some big pillow conspiracy going on, which I know nothing about because the victim of said conspiracy is me? Does this forum actually exist, or am I imagining it in a subconscious - now nearly successful - attempt to annoy myself until I kill myself? Do I even exist? What is reality? Can we define it? Do you exist? Am I a victim of solipsism? But if I am the only person that exists, is there actually such a thing as solipsism? Wouldn't solipsism then be reality? How would solipsism be defined if only I exist, and I am not a psychologist, because... OHMIGAWD.

SEE WHAT THIS IS DOING TO ME? SET ME FREE AND FOR THE LOVE OF MY GENITALS WHICH I AM GOING TO CUT OFF VERY SOON IF I DON'T FIGURE THIS OUT, EXPLAIN IT TO ME!

:worried:

5. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Weirdo. :brrr:

Um, your pillow is normally cool when you first rest your head on it. As your head continues to lay on it, it warms up and that then becomes the warm side. If you flip your pillow, you have a cold side again... unless you sleep with your arm under your pillow like me. In that case, you keep six pillows on your bed.

6. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Yeah, see, I sleep with one arm under the pillow so I just get 2 warm sides, which kind of sucks. Having 2 pillows and flipping the top one usually solves this problem.

As for the whole numb arm thing - yeah it's uber crazy, happened to me a few times, and, oddly, if it happens once during a particular night it will probably happen a few more times.

Somone mentioned having 2 numb arms - wow, that must have been weird!

7. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Feb 2024
  8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Your post has inadvertently doomed this one into a relixey grave. :p

9. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Shush will, nobody saw it....

PILLOWS!

10. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

I tend not to move stuff around when I'm sleeping. But if I could I'd choose the cold side.

11. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Certainly the cold side, though I've never woken up with an asleep arm - if I feel it going off, I move it.

12. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Cold side for me. Wow, not one vote for warm yet.

13. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

I miss a "I don't care enough" option :p Seriously though... as my confusion in my previous posts will have pointed out, I never heard about anything like this. Well, not in such a hyped fashion anyway... ;)

However, I do prefer my pillow not to be too hot. But once I lay down comfortably, I refuse to move - unless I'm moving an arm ;) I too have woken up several times going "what the hell fell on my head?" when it's my arm. Fun times, fun times - especially if you slept on both of your arms, and you're woken up by the phone, but by the time you get out of bed and your fingers in order, the caller has given up.:(

14. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

Lol

I sleep on the outside of my pillow.

15. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

So do I. We need a smiley in a trench coat like a perverted flasher or stalker.

16. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

The clean side.

17. bR0k3n_b0n3

bR0k3n_b0n3 What's a Dremel?

Same like I do :D

18. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

These days I go to bed so tired I don't even notice after the first 5 min. But while getting settled, nice and cool.

Oh and as far as women go, I should mention that my wife likes her pillow to be cool, as does my sister.

19. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

As far as women go, I prefer their pillows to be warm and plush.

20. mushky

mushky gimme snails

:) whatever side is on my face. Not bothered really