1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Kworld PlusTV Dual DVB-T PCI-E TV card

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

screw the review, what was the jeremy kyle drinking game?

3. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

"Vaguely revolting."

That's just fantastic. That's like "partially disgusting," or "fractionally engorged."

Partial extremity. Outstanding!

Phil

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

I think he got infected by the English on the box :p

5. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Just when I thought I was safe from Judge Judy with the TV turned off during the day and browsing the web instead, but I could not have been more wrong :O as Judy penetrates even Bit-Tech :jawdrop: :lol:

As or the review ;) good review as always, am happy to find out that there is a PCI-E tv card, dual tunner card at that, which is handy. As I have somewhat exhausted all my PCI slots (danm those dual slot gfx cards).

It is somewhat a shame that they have taken what can be a great product, then failed to deliver on support and drivers, with drivers for XP editions of media center only? Maybe vista has the drivers built in already ? :confused:
    These driver and support issues are what put me off from purchasing such a product, the hardware ticks all the boxes i require, the software according to the review, dont even check a single box, as I am inclinded to use the Media center in Vista Ultimate 64bit.

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Damm i've been looking for a product like this for well all of a few days now. But i suppose i'll have to keep on looking.

7. Delphium

Aye, feel that :sigh:
    If you find one thats pci-e and actually has drivers and support, id be interested to know.

Its reviews like these from Bit-Tech that prevent me from having a lot of pritty looking door stops and paper weights :thumb: ;)

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

We tried the card under Vista initially, then XP Pro and then XP MCE 2005... the Vista drivers definitely aren't built in. It's a shame because otherwise it's a pretty good product when you put it in the right environment.

9. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

This one doesn't even look pretty

10. Delphium

HAHA, ;) truth!

11. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Hauppage Nova-T-500 is better in every respect, it cost me around £50 and works flawlessly in Vista and XP, Vista 64-bit as well as the 32-bit varients, windows update finds the drivers first time and it works flawlessly with Media Centre. Basically it urinates all over this offering :D

12. Delphium

Yer is a nice card, my freind uses it in his PC, tho he has some free PCI slots, unlike me :waah:
    may just go for a USB stick version, cant be much worse than the PCI card variants, can they?

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Jeremy Kyle Drinking Game Rules:

Have a bottle of whisky and a bottle of vodka and a six pack of beers. Sit down for a Jeremy Kyle marathon.

Everytime someone comes on stage wearing more than two pieces of obvious bling or has their mouth open for more than five seconds without speaking, have a swig of beer.
    Everytime Jeremy sits on the edge of the stage, have a shot of vodka.
    Everytime Jeremy talks about his ex wife, have a shot of whisky.
    Everytime Jeremy uses the phrase "There are kids involved here!", have a shot of everything.

Be wasted withing ten minutes!

14. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Just had a quick read, that 500 is basically two usb based cards and a host controller so you could always just find out what the chips on the card are and get the usb variant. On that note does any one use a usb tv card, are they as good as pci based cards?

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

So I'm not the only one that watches Judge Judy...
    Still saving up for the Nova-T 500 (God, I wish my original Nova had x64 drivers).

17. Greenie

Greenie What's a Dremel?

it also works great in MythTV without much fiddling. The Kworld card looks "Vaguely revolting." compared to the Nova-T-500

18. Delphium

Oh really? Cool, ill check that out :D

19. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

I have just bought a nova t 500 too. Love it. I previously had a kworld card and vowed never again to buy one! Absolute crap. Drivers didn't work, the website was appalling, basically they are a joke. I was happy when it burnt out (yes spontaneously combusting tv cards do exist!)

20. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Classic... :lol:

Tags: Add Tags