1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Kworld PlusTV Dual DVB-T PCI-E TV card

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Aug 2007.

1. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Personally, I prefer the Ati Theatre 550/650 Pro Pci-e (Yes, they do exist!)
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-319-1.htm
    Perhaps, you should try comparing the two? It'd be interesting to see how the Vista situation works out with the ATi card.
    Also of note on the Pci-e 1x front: Cat’s Eye 164e,

2. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

On the review the reviewer stated he could not get teletext, he couldn't get teletext because its not broadcast on UK digital dvb-t (freeview). The UK use mheg5 standard for interactive stuff which is not widely supported there is only one windows software that supports it to my knowledge and that nebula's digitv application. This is must be marketed to asia and the most of europe that use the mhg standard that looks like teletext.
    Also I found driver version V1.0.2.0228 which are suppose to work for vista on the kworld site although not easy to find, obviously if these are your drivers you can forget what I said. Having owned a few tv cards I can say kworld are poor on driver updates and really bad to get working from my experience but you can say that about many tv card manufacturers.
    A few things I would like to say if you get a nova-t 500 watch out if you use linux as there is a new version known as a nova-t 500td which uses the same name as the old one on the box but I believe there are no linux drivers yet. Also nova-t 500 is pci card not pci-e, as someone else stated that its really 2 usb tuners on a pci card which has caused alot people on the huappauge forums problems with standby/wake up issues and random BSOD, but the newer version is suppose to be a proper pci card product.

Last edited: 7 Aug 2007
  3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Cheers for the info on that - I will confirm with Tim tomorrow where he found the Vista drivers for this product, as it was he who bought it to my attention.

EDIT: He found them at Nodevice.com, apparently. That where you got them?

You like Simon the Sorceror, going by your av headline? Good man, excellent games.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2007
  4. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

6/10? Your words seem far harsher than that. Are you just being polite?

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

When you use it in the right environment, it's not that bad to be fair... you're just limited to WinXP/XPMCE at the moment though.

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

oh I saw a typo ^_^

"Both the sensor and the aerial plug directly into the card via the pack of the PC"

Shouldnt that be "back" of the PC?

okay with that aside this is a real shame, Im building an HTPC and it would be nice to use those PCI-E slots, oh well I guess I will keep looking around and see what crosses my path, I may still give them a shot if I can find a place that sells it with a responsible return policy ^_^

Oh and I might have over looked it but does it support HD?

and I found the US Price of $86.99 from NewEgg
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815260003
    granted its not the same card that was reviewed but it uses the PCI-E x1 slot so I figured it was close enough :)

I found this TV Card and it also uses PCI-E x1 and it looks promising would be nice to see this card get reviewed and then compared
    AVerMedia MTVPEMCER PCI-Express x1 Interface Video Device
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100014

Last edited: 7 Aug 2007
  7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

been playing at the office have we ? :p

8. CardJoe

I wish :D

9. herbs

Nope the drivers are at kworld's uk site, and I have never heard of Simon the Sorceror. The "nobody here but us chickens" is from an old tv programme called Nightingales about security guards stuck in an office at night. It was wierd in one episode a werewolf performs surgery on one of the security guards, and was one of the saner plots.

10. CardJoe

Hmm. It's also in an old adventure game voiced which parodied all the old fairy stories. Simon, the reluctant sorceror, comes across a hole in the forest where an archeologist is digging for rare fossils. When you ask who's down there, he gets defensive and yells "There's nobody here but us chickens! Cluck!".

Now I know what that was a reference too. Heh.

11. Corvyne

Corvyne What's a Dremel?

12. herbs

The terratec 2400i has been out for a long time (but not as long as the "nobody here but us chickens" phrase it seems ;)), I believe it was out before the original nova-t 500. there were issues with drivers to start but I believe they are sorted now. I would visit the www.avforums.co.uk for more info.

Tags: Add Tags