1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Scooter question - not about scooters.

Discussion in 'General' started by dfhaii, 10 Aug 2007.

1. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

If anyone here has a four stroke, fuel injected scooter could you please tell me the make and model of injector it uses?

Last edited: 11 Aug 2007
  2. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Why fuel injected?

3. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

There exist fuel injected scooters. Some can even be fine tuned with a modified gameboy :geek:
    only problem i cant remember the names of them :wallbash:

4. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

Because I'm after the make and model of injector and as such, if it's not injected it's unlikely to have the afore mentioned injector.

After thinking about it, I'd be after something a little bigger anyway, such as an injector from a smart car, or other small engined vehicle. I want to flow between 50 and 80 cc/min. I'm currently bidding on an injector capable of far more than this on ebay, and will hopefully be able to run it with a low enough duty cycle that I can get fuel down to sensible amounts.

For anyone interested it's for a project where I am trying to build an ECU, and use it to fuel inject a lawnmower.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds interesting, project log! :D

6. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

you can get 8 stock injectors from a mustang v8 for chump change on e-bay in the states. People are upgrading their cars and the stock 24lb injectors are no good after 450-500hp depending on application. That injector should do you well as its only designed to supply fuel for 575cc's and you can spray allot less than full capacity.

There is a website called new takeoffs that sells them cheep.

Out of curiosity are you using a megasquirt build up kit? Also I hope you use a longer than stock downtube with the enjector to increase the mixture and prevent stalling the engine. Are you trying to fuel inject a 2stroke btw? I would be very weary of overheating due to no lubrication in the engine btw. Unless you use another injector under the pistons crank to spray oil into it.

7. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

These should do the job for you.

8. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Most lawnmowers over here are 4 stroke, jaguarking.

9. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Same here but the older ones are two stroke. The only two stroke engines sold here these days are from weedwackers and those are the cheep ones. I believe the outlawed the sale of the older 2stroke engined mowers here in the early 80's if not the 70's. Hell my mower actually has a overhead cam.

in any case, another good source would be a scrap yard. I assumed he was using a two stroke because he is on a budget and he may have gotten one cheep. Not to mention the cool factor of fuel injecting a two stroker.

10. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

A curius question. What are you building or planning to build dfhaii?

11. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

:read:

12. Krikkit

Sounds like an interesting project really, I'd love to give it a go myself sometime! It'd be rather pimp to have a lawnmower with a custom-built fuel injection system and Mustang injectors... Dabbling in a spot of lawnmower racing dfhaii?

13. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

drag racing with lawnmower :lol: (my brain finally thinking)

14. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

Nope, building an ECU out of pics and assembly code. It's for a four stroke.

I have planned to keep the standard carb, but only use it for a throttle butterfly and not flow any fuel to it, I can then use a TPS and MAF sensor to work out how much fuel is needed, I'll probably put a lambda sensor in the exhaust to fine tune it on the fly.

Nope again, just wanted a project to do which was a bit of a challenge and not too expensive, and this seemed to fit the bill well.

Need to do some more purchasing for bits like a high pressure fuel pump, pressure regulator, sensors, bits and bobs like that, and fabricate a fuel rail, swirl pot, modify the inlet manifold to fit an injector boss etc.

15. DMF

DMF What's a Dremel?

im thinking about changing my 2 stroke bike into a feul injected one. You could probally get the ecu and sensors and stuff off a scrap scooter. Atleast thats what my plan is to do.

16. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

It's less of a project if I get an ECU from something though. I should be able to write one to handle fuel and spark to a single cylinder fairly easily, it won't have any fancy stuff like boost control etc though.

17. Krikkit

Sounds like a good idea to me, I might shamelessly copy this one day! :p

Tags: