1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Mass Effect preview video

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dragontail, 12 Aug 2007.

1. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

There's also a book. But I want to make the main character look like chubby ol' me!

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I want to have sex with this game

4. DougEdey

Awww, ickle veles can fit in the hole :p

It is an awesome looking game tho! Especially the communication bits.

You getting the prequel book Veles? £5 from waterstones.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Oooo I'll deffinitely check that out, I could see this game being the next Deus Ex, huge amounts of variety depending on how you choose to play the game.

6. DougEdey

I reckon it'll be a good 4+ replay one.

We'll have to try and get Joe addicted to it. So when he gets older he can say "I Played it loads of time"

7. Bl4ckM0onk3y

Bl4ckM0onk3y in luv 2.0

i have to disappoint you guys , the game graphics looks great ect. ( it's only the 3rd game or so that fully shines with UE3 ) but the gameplay is very very short , compared to the Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 this game is from the lack of better word ... "short" .

P.S. also it would be nice to see a PC version, Gears of War will have one so why not this.

8. DougEdey

How on Earth would you know?

9. iggy

iggy Minimodder

he is an expurt on intarwebs and lectures at universities about how short unreleased games are.

didnt you know hes the worlds foremost epert on such matters?

10. Bl4ckM0onk3y

Bl4ckM0onk3y in luv 2.0

well since you two shown "excellent" sarcasm , all the game editors and reviewers that played the game in beta or E3 stages where disappointed with the short gameplay , i wont be as long as the KoToR 1 since all BioWare are alike and this one is a Shooter-rpg , the main "perk" of this game will be its replayability , since the game will be short (without the side quest ect.) but when you replay the game you will be maybe choosing another gameplay style, another path , another answers in dialogs ect.

But Flame away , i'm flame retardant , i only broke my teeth on all BioWare games ;p

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Already salivating over it, thankyouverymuch ;)

From what I hear though, the gameplay is very long. Not Baldur's Gate 200+ hours, but definitely KOTOR kind of length.

I'm torn though. I've never really been that massive a fan of third person console RPGs like KOTOR though. They always feel a bit slow and clumsy to me. The idea of sitting down in my living room to play an RPG and spend ages tinkering with char stats on a big TV doesn't really interest me enormously either. And it pisses off my girlfriend no end. I'm just more comfortable doing it from behind a PC and keyboard, but I'll wait until I've played it to make up my mind for sure.

12. DougEdey

Get a 360 VGA cable, plug it into a monitor, job done!

13. CardJoe

Can you point to any specific examples of reviewers who said that? I'm not dissing you here, I'm just really interested as it is INCREDIBLY unusual for a review to be offered the chance to play an entire game in beta or E3 forms. Its ussually, "You have 3 hours with it, then we need the room back."

I too broke my teeth on Bioware and Interplay, Troika, Gas Powered Games, etc. But the statement that it, a bioware game, won't be as long as a bioware game, because its a bioware game and this one is a bioware shooter-RPG and not a pure RPG like other bioware games? Um, you left me a bit :confused:

But, show me examples and I'll agree with you.

As for a 360 VGA cable, well that'd be a great idea. If I had a 360 at home ;)

Last edited: 13 Aug 2007
  14. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Go and buy one. They arnt that expensive.

15. DougEdey

Joe: Goto Hirens :p

16. CardJoe

Will get one of my own eventually, but I'm free to play at work most the time now so I have no need. Too busy fiddling with my DS homebrew now anyway.

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The three game reviewers in the vid Doug posted also said that the main quest would take around 20 hours to complete, but that's without all the side quests. From what I've heard there's tons of side quests and stuff. Bl4ckM0onk3y, you seem to say that you got your information from game reviewers at E3, but nothing I've heard from game reviewers states anything like what you're saying.

It's also said in this video that the game play has been improved further still since the E3 demo, and that it's not a crappy RPG and a crappy shooter, but does really well at both.

18. CardJoe

20 hours for just the main quest seems enough for me, without adding in side quests, puzzles and replays. It makes it almost twice as long as Half-Life 2, twice as long as Crysis is projected to be and about the same as most other RPGs. True, it's not as great as Baldurs Gate II, but it is pushing forward in other ways.

Hell, it makes it longer than Oblivion and Morrowind, the main quest of which could be completed in around 15 hours on the first run for most people if they didn't get distracted.

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Just make sure you check the resoultions it supports. I own one, and was very disappointed to find out the 360 does not support 16:10 resolutions except for one, and it ain't 1680x1050 or 1440x900.

20. DougEdey

Rumours are that the new update is coming with those resolutions. But I'd just run it at 720p and scale.

Tags: