1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New iMac disassembled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Aug 2007.

1. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Exactly what I have been thinking ^^^. There is no iWork in there, that is a lot of things that we need that aren't included.

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Had a play on the new iMac at a local store yesterday (Apple dealer but not a 1st party store). Gotta say it's barely slimmer than the old gen and I'm undecided as to which casing I prefer, although the glossy screen isn't half bad. The keyboard however isn't all that great- not as bad as I assumed and awfully pretty, but screams "ergo-what?!" at you.

<A88>

3. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Only a couple of weeks ago I got my new Apple Keyboard, white, and then they release this. Personally I prefer a keyboard with lots of travel, a proper desktop keyboard rather than a stupid ultra thin laptop keyboard. Plus, the wireless keyboard has a massive power button and none of the extra function keys and number pad. A proper laptop keyboard. Why do Apple do this, the old keyboard was fine, why make it useless?

4. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Interesting how the new iMac has component audio speakers - both a dome tweeter and a "mid" speaker that isn't much bigger than the tweeter. Still, it'll probably sound a little better than the previous generation.

5. whitehotmac

whitehotmac Banned

This thread is just funny. It is evident that the majority of you don't understand what Mac is about how it came about and the difference between hacking together some horrendous looking/sounding "Franken-PeeCee", and harmony between aesthetics, functionality and ease of use... oh, and stability.

There is nothing anyone can say, to counteract such blatent and moronic ignorance, on such a grand scale. If you opened your minds as much as you opened your PCs, you would see the difference, without any persuasion from us "Fanboys".

I laugh not at your PC, but at your sheer ignorance to anything that is not designed by some back street Taiwanese sweatshop factory. Jonathan Ive is a highly respected industrial designer, and head of the Apple design team. Maybe some of you nice people should Google his name, and spend less time knocking products and a way of life, of which you are completely ignorant.

Thanks folks - just needed to be said.

6. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

You clearly haven't read the thread at all Whitehotmac.

Also the only Mac users in the BiT office is Jamie and Rtt has one at home. I sold mine a while ago as it was just way too slow.

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

8. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Now for what whitehotmacs post really said

We like pretentious sounding words and buzz phrases idiom, consumer targeting and formtion (form and function for those who dont speak BS) And I dont really know how PCs are made nor understand why you wish to put your heart and soul into making something unique that pleases you.

We are better than you and dont even need to argue our case because we are so obviously better

I'm better than you again but this time you are ignorant fools as well :O

Lets name drop here shall we?

Join us.....

And i'm sorry if some people find this inflammatory but i found it funny, especially the "way of life" BS. FFS its a machine that does things that make you life a little more fun/enjoyable/bareible to live.

9. whitehotmac

whitehotmac Banned

You have successfully reinforced your ignorance, yet again. With all the swearing and bad attitude that rebounded back from my comments, it simply proves, yet again, that anti-fanboys are equally as annoying, if not WORSE than fanboys of any kind. I dont know how to build a PC?. Is that right...

Well actually I do, did and HAVE, built many PCs over the years (years meaning that I STILL do so, if paid to do it). A PC is simply a matter of plugging and screwing, tweaking and installing drivers. Do you think, REALLY, it is some amazing skill, passed on from father to son?. Basically, a PC building project is a slightly more advanced version of LEGO - not hard, but does require patience and a little intelligence and logical thinking.

If you carry your intended point across, by dropping a "f***" here, or a "b*llsh*t" every couple of paragraphs, then this is evidence enough, to show us that you are using your profanity as some kind of "shield" against your ineptitude, and inability to uphold a conversation of any sort, let alone a rational debate where you are trying to "argue" your point.

I am a computer geek - I always was some kind of geek. I pulled things apart since I was 5 ( I am now 32 ), repaired machines and have had numerous jobs in electronics over the years, mainly designing and faultfinding PCBs and PLC control systems, mixed in with a time of consumer brown goods servicing. SO, you can safely assume that I am more than comfortable with the comparatively primitive and mundane skills required to build a PC, but thanks for the insults.

I have moved on to Mac, because I admire Apple designs, and I admire and appreciate the quality and complete usabilty of the OS and the applications that run upon it. I agree that a lot of Apple "fanboys" can come across as arrogant and snooty; I have had arguments with my fair share, but I still admire Macs for my own personal reasons, not because I want to become a member of some "club", full of brainwashed idiots.

{PS}

I am no better than ANYONE - noone is. However, if my quite normal and intelligent use of the English language confuses you, then what can I say?. You should learn to take criticism on the chin - this is the internet, but we ain't all morons thankyou. If you can't take the heat, get outa the kitchen!. I am not here to make enemies, but it would seem a lot of my fellow members, want to do JUST that!.

Referring to: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

...and the comment at the bottom of the page:

Well funny that, because Quicktime comes as a STANDALONE installer, also. Grand FUD-master if ever I saw one, making pointless and childish rant sites, using OVERSIZED FONTS to try and get his impotent point across.

And also:

[​IMG]

Probably safe to say that this is a joke, that would only be picked up upon by anyone STUPID enough to actually read ALL of any EULA. Safe to say, anyone so dumb, is bound to be the type to take it seriously!. :hehe:

If there is anyone that is supposed to have some kind of attitude problem in the computing world, then this is a shining example of that mindset, distilled and refined by mixing with other rant-happy chappies, with nothing better to do than slate the things that, if they spoke from the bottom of their hearts, as opposed to the HEART OF THEIR BOTTOMS, they would admit they didn't actually know enough about the "other side", to comment adequately!.

Guys... chaps... comrades... (whatever :)) There is a very good phrase you can use, and it saves a lot of hassle if someone confronts you about a subject on which you don't think you can advise them properly(and it's ONLY 4 words long)

"Sorry, I don't know"

There - simple. (and I better explain the outcome of this phrase, using your terminology: it STOPS YOU LOOKING LIKE AN INCOMPETENT D*CKHEAD!)

Last edited: 13 Aug 2007
  10. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

that kid lives a sad and lonely life and is also everything he hates. white, a mac user, and an over ass, not to mention a looser.
    macs aint perfect and pc's sure as hell aint either. macs are for some people and pc are for other people. the only people ive seen in this thread talking **** about the other is the pc users, yet they are the ones talking about how thats the only thing apple users do.....

11. whitehotmac

whitehotmac Banned

I have always admired the inherent, uncontrollable instability of irony, and you have just encapsulated my very thoughts. Props to you, my friend.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Good. Now that you feel that the PC/Mac balance of the Universe has been restored, I would kindly request that you stop trolling. The Mac has plenty of merits to extoll for name calling and insults not to be required.

All the others: stop feeding the troll.

13. whitehotmac

whitehotmac Banned

Trolls are all around us... turn your head, and you see them in every direction...

Funny as it may seem, I am allowed to express my opinion, just the same as anyone else on this forum. Please, don't condescend - it really isn't very sociable. What is quite amusing, is that you allow an ENTIRE THREAD to continue, unabated, with evey form of ignorance and insult under the sun, hurled to and fro. Then, along comes someone making a valid point and speaking sense to the anti-fanboys, and you call ME a troll?. Amusing really, and I could have predicted such a thing, which makes it quite a bore.

However... I wish to get on with my evening, and not mindlessly debate a subject upon which my opinion is firmly and justifiably decided, so... On topic:

All platforms have their own merits, I simply despise anti-fanboys, as much as I do fanboys. Period. Thanks.

{PS} PC = *Personal* Computer, not "anything that isn't Mac"/<insert type of computer here>

Last edited: 13 Aug 2007
  14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Nobody was hurtling any personal insults before you. Can the attitude or your next post may be your last.

15. whitehotmac

whitehotmac Banned

If you back up, you will see I didn't say "personal" insults, ok. Yes I agree, the tedium has reached a bearable limit, sorry!. :)

16. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

two guys insulted me before he showed up.

17. whitehotmac

whitehotmac Banned

How ironic, in a non-ironic kinda way. Anyhow, I hold my tongue.

18. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

OK. People, I have one comment that can settle this arguement, and here it is:

STFU

Now let's get back on topic about how they cram all the hardware into a small space, and the intricacies (sp?) of the internal design of the new iMac.

That is all

19. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Wow, when did Digg take over Bit-tech? This must be the most childish flame-war I've read here ever. I'm not even going to bother trying to explain my viewpoint at this point (about how each have their advantages, and nobody here's in the position to tell someone else what to use).

As an aside, the bit in the EULA with regards to missile systems and that nonsense is not intended as a joke - it's intended as a massive CYA write-off.

I'd like to make it known that not all Mac users are this offensive in trying to prove such a useless viewpoint. If someone asks me for a recommendation about what kind of comp to buy, I'll explain the pluses and minuses of both PC and Mac and let them make their own informed decision (and disclaim myself from doing their tech support).;

20. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

At the end of the day, both macs, windows PCs, and Linux PCs all have their own distinct advantages / disadvantages, but the choice is down the the end user as to what they purchase, and what they prefer.

Any idea what the temps are inside that thing?

Tags: Add Tags