1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Medal of Honor Airborne demo coming soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. riggs

riggs ^_^

The last MoH game I played was Allied Assault (man, that's going back a few years). Hopefully 'Airborne' will be pretty good - I'll give the demo a try as soon as I get my PC up and running again (it's reformat time, and I hate backing stuff up!)

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As long as it's better than Pacific Assault, and even a 10th as good as Allied Assault, it'll be worth a buy. Any word on minimum requirements? DX10 or 9?

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

MOH:AA was my multiplayer game of choice for many a year. Hopefully this will lift the franchise from the pit its ended up in.

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Like everyone else has said MOH:AA was great, after that it all went downhill. Call Of Duty:UO has been my WWII shooter of choice for a while now, hopefully this game brings MoH back on track. I find the parachuting intriguing as well as weapon collection.

Maybe it's time they started to make more games based in the Gulf or other modern settings. Falklands anyone?

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and i was thinking this was not coming to the pc platform....

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Last one I played was Frontlines on my PS2, was pretty crap after the first level really, I think the WWII genre is a bit worn out now, there's bucketloads of content waiting to be exploited but for so long game developers have stuck to the same old content the majority of the time, mostly copying famous films and series' like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. As a result it really seems like you're playing exactly the same game every time, I really liked how the CoD series broke the mould a bit by being able to play as other allied factions and in campaigns mostly ignored by FPS games like the north Africa campaign.

I don't think it would be a good idea to move the series to a modern day setting either, I think there are too many modern shooters now, with the likes of BF2 and now CoD4, it would be just moving from one tired genre to one that will soon be worn out. You either have to make an outstanding game, like CoD or Red Orchestra, or make it completely wacky and original like Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Otherwise it's just gonna seem like every other game. Even a game where the mechanics were great and original, I can't remember the name of the game right now, was something similar to Band of Brothers, that gave you proper squad based combat, but when I started playing it I was immediately bored by the American paratroopers in Normandy setting.

8. enessel

enessel What's a Dremel?

WWII

I know everyone complains about WWII games, but there are only 2 good ones: MOH series and COD series. I really don't think people can get enough of WWII in general.

9. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Brothers in Arms?

10. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

What we really need is a game based on WWI in the trenches, standing in trenches hardly advancing forward will almost certainly appeal to the camper community in FPS. I think there's an untapped sector of the gaming public to....well tap into.

MOH pacific assault was pretty good from what I recall. By no means as good as Allied assault but enjoyable none the less. Me thinks some of you people are getting fickle.:D

11. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Can't wait! It would be cool to do a game from the german perspective though, a kind of "what of they won" type of game.

12. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

yep this
    MoH:AA = good
    later MoH games = BAAAAAAAAD
    CoD1 + expansions = good
    CoD2 = meh, not so good, still ok tho

i do love me some nazi shooting action tho :p

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Thats the one

Tags: Add Tags