1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Aug 2007.

1. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Well as someone who is waiting for their 360 to come back in the mail from repairs, I can tell you that good games don't mean jack **** when you cant play them. I definitely agree that 360 has more good games than the ps3, and i think 360 definitely has more good games coming out that I want, but I have to wonder if the reason they're getting all of these exclusives is because they rushed out their console without doing proper testing on it to get it in peoples homes, which in turn screwed a lot of people.

2. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

/\ the PS3's getting 'supposedly' 380 new titles coming by March 2008, so the tides will turn on that issue, especially by Xmas.....but whether or not the 360 is coming out with just as many we will have to see, too. With Halo3, Bioshock, Too Human, etc. on the way I'm going to assume so....

Last edited: 24 Aug 2007
  3. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Thats what I'm hoping for, I own a 360 and ps3 now, and I hope the ps3 gets more good games because I think its a good system, its just lacking support.

4. devdevil85

It's lacking 'game' support....but I think Sony's supporting it in terms updates/patches so far. Let's hope it continues.....

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

extremely tempted to trade my 360 in - had a flyer in the mail from game this morning offering £140 trade in for my old 360 and HDD on the new elite (which considering the tray is sticking when the unit is vertical makes it all the more tempting)

6. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

im sure you could get more than £140 for it elsewhere

7. devdevil85

So now how much have you spent on the 360 total, even with the money you're going to be getting back for your old system? Also, what's your reasoning for wanting the Elite over your current system?

8. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

for me its just the bigger HDD, with £130 for the 120gb HDD it doesnt seem that much more for the elite (considering you can sell your premium to make it cheaper.

9. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I'm pretty certain I'll pick up an Elite at some point- probably not this year, as I've already got 1/2 sensible plans for my student loan/grant, but assuming the prices drop a few quid eventually it looks like a nice well-rounded deal- especially once the HD marketplace arrives here.

<A88>

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

Well, we're only reporting what we experienced with our unit and we had both an Elite and a Premium sitting next to one another, switching between the two.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Current 360 - premium (bought 1st Jan 06) - (1 wireless pad, wired headset, 20gb HDD and Hexic XBL Arcade game),

2 extra wireless pads,
    wireless adapter
    1 extra modded wired pad (bought mailny for PC, but handy for 4 player games all the same),
    XBL Vision camera with wired headset
    wireless headset
    2 charge & play cables
    3 battery packs (5 total)
    26 retail games + about 30 XBL Arcade games
    XBL Gold Account

Main reason for wanting the Elite - extra storage space (fed up of my brother deleting content I want to keep because he wants to download a demo). also because my current 360's DVD tray is playing up slightly ::wallbash:

If it's going to cost me £150 for a bigger HDD anyway I may as well pay £150 and get the Elite instead

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Mark: I bought one off ebay for £63 delivered.

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Cheers, I'll look into it, still gotta fix my drive tray though (or find space to put the 360 horizontal, because the tray seems to work horizontally)

14. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

I hate stupid little upgrades like this, it seems just like another way for MS to make money by
    a) attracting new customers (which is fair enough)
    b) making current owners want to sell their current machines and get a new one (which sucks)

At least Sony got it right first time and eliminated the need for all this hassle by including everything! It wouldn't suprise me if by next xmas MS release another 360 with the new 65nm chip and HD-DVD built in.

I imagine a lot of people are in the same situation. It makes me laugh as the PS3 gets slated for being too/more expensive however you're going to have spent the same, if not more (£280+£150=£430), on your new Elite after all this, and you still don't have HD-DVD and Wifi thrown in! I admit that the games are the most important part of the buying decision, but it does turn the tables on the pricing argument front.

15. Iago

Iago What's a Dremel?

Don't all electronic items sold in the EU have a 2 year warranty? At least, in Spain they do...is it any different in the UK?

16. DougEdey

UK is minimum 12 month.

I think the US is the only one with anything lower, 30 days IIRC. That's what we get minimum on 2ndhand goods.

17. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

At just £49.99 + £12.99 delivery... they're surprisingly cheap tbh :idea:

I've subsequently ordered another one from that same seller... but I ordered one from them on 21st August, and received it first post on 25th August :clap: :rock:

Now I just need to find somewhere selling transfer cables [and disc] - such that I can actually get all my data from the 'old' 20GB HDD, copied to the new 120GB HDD :sigh: :wallbash:

18. DougEdey

Mine was despatched today, hoping to get it for the end of the week

19. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

It doesn't matter how many games are coming out, it's the quality of them. I'd rather have 1 beast game than 380 **** ones. I'm not saying the PS3 doesn't have any good games 'cause I couldn't care less. It's just that loads of bad games shouldn't be counted.

For whoever wanted to buy a transfer cable for their HDD, haha. You can ring up MS and get one for free

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

But there's the problem, Sony assumed we want blu-ray, we don't! No, one is denying the PS3 is great value for money for what you get, the problem is the majority of people don't want BR, so they're paying a hell of a lot extra for something they don't want. So no, it still doesn't turn the tables on the pricing front, as a console, the 360 is still cheaper, as an all singing, all dancing media station, yes, it's more expensive, but at least MS gives people the option whether they want it or not, unlike Sony who forced BR on it's PS customers to try and make BR the dominant format over HD.

Also, when MS switch to 65nm, all the consoles will be 65nm, it's not like they'll release a 65nm version, it doesn't make sense, 65nm chips are cheaper to produce than the current ones.

Yeah, ring up MS and they'll send you one for free, you might have to claim you have an Elite though, and they might require a serial no. for that.

Tags: Add Tags