1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft to fix 360 steering wheels

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

:duh: whoops!

3. riggs

riggs ^_^

'Overheating' must be Microsoft's least favourite word :p

A few years ago, my Act Labs steering wheel started making noises and smoking. One of the components inside the cartridge thing had come away from it's little heatsink, had overheated and started to melt through the plastic casing. Luckily, I managed to pick up a replacement cart for about £20 off eBay...which tbh, needed to be purchased anyway; the old cart only had a serial connection whereas the new one also has USB.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

mm I dont think ive had that problem but I do have a problem with the gear stick.

It seems to be too sensitive, because I cant play any games with manual gears. The reason is that when I turn the steering wheel or put any preasure on the wheel the gears change. Ive not really made any fuss about it because I always play automatic but ith they are recalling them back then I might as well go for it and get a working one back.

5. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Shame on you! Auto's so cheating.

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

omg M$ and they're overheating issues........

7. 2JSC

2JSC What's a Dremel?

At this rate, why not offer free XBL?

8. ChiperSoft

ChiperSoft What's a Dremel?

How the hell does a steering wheel overheat? What is inside this thing that could possibly use enough electricity? Is the force-feedback motor over powered or something?

9. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I don't think I will ever buy a MS hardware product again. Not even their wireless mice, which, from this I can see, can't be deemed safe anymore.

On a lighter note, that kid who put his 360 in water is the dumbest child I've ever seen.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't see why you won't buy anything MS again, they make some damned good PC hardware.

Pretty bloody annoying though, I want to sell mine on eBay

11. mikeuk2004

For those like me with the wheel. Please note that this is not just USA, its Europe too and the recall notice can be found here

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/wirelesswheelretrofit.htm

And the form you need to complete and mail can be found here

http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/4C...2FDB794D0B34/0/wheelcontrollerfulfillment.pdf

Would of been nice if Bit-tech liked the notice to their articel so we know what we need to do. Took me a while looking for the recall notice on the UK xbox site before thinking that it might be on the USA xbox site.

12. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

13. mattthegamer463

Logitech > Microsoft :p

M$ will have to work a lot harder to win my vote. All I ever had from them was a Wireless optical explorer 2.0, which I loved until I got my G7. It was subsequently forgotten.

14. mikeuk2004

There is not a notice on the UK site that I could find, only on the USA site.

If you download the form you will see that it has USA and Europe mailing address to send it off.

15. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

logitech MX series mice are better than the new MS mice, but have you seen their new mice? the G9 for instance looks horrible :|
    setpoint is also a ****ing travesty, absolutely horrific bit of software. However Intellipoint is actually very good
    microsoft keyboards are win aswell
    their old sidewinder line of joysticks/wheels were bloody brilliant too, i still have an MS Force Feedback wheel and joystick and they're both fantastic, real shame they dont make them anymore :(

16. mattthegamer463

Ok, the G9 does seem a little function over form, but if its a great mouse who cares what it looks like, it will be covered by your hand anyways.

I still have a microsoft sidewinder gamepad that served me well for a very long time, until I got a Logitech Wingman and it was officially retired. I'm just saying I find Logitechs products to be superior for my needs and style than Microsofts offerings. I'm using Windows. I'm still a M$ slave.

17. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Poor old M$, starting to feel sorry for them now.:lol:

Remember Electronics run on smoke. It's only when the smoke escapes that things go wrong.;)

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Only the blue smoke, all other smoke is useless.

Tags: Add Tags