1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Tories want to tackle violent games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Computer violence doesn't make people violent.

I wish cameron would stop his whining.

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

can we tie him together back to back with jack thompson and shoot him to the moon?

honestly....

if a kid thinks violence in rl would be good, then the parents belong locked away, not the games.

if a kid has access to guns, then guns belong locked away, not games.

if a kid cant tell the difference between virtual stuff and real stuff, then the parents failed...

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

That is fairly true, but its the way children are raised also, their back ground etc

Sam

5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I think I just got dumber!

6. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Ban the teletubbies!

7. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

We'll why don't we ban the matrix, an american decided to stick a plug into the back of his head. Stupid governement go home nobody likes you. Like naokaji said its the parents fault if they go cray in most cases. Computer games might just give them ideas but it is'nt the games fault.

8. Seraphim Works

Seraphim Works What's a Dremel?

This whole violent gaming debate is becoming increasingly one-sided. In fact, has there been an example of mainstream media supporting the gaming industry rather than using it as a scapegoat?

I doubt the rise in gun crime, etc, is linked to the proliferation of gaming, but rather the rising sophistication of criminal organisations supplying drugs, firearms, etc.

But hey, if it's an easy target...

9. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately for you, I don't think you can prove that.

10. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

spot on, but he is going to hit mid-england with this and that his target audience. parents that are sheep and have to been seen to do something about this apparent problem that does not exist. It's the parents that fail, not the goverment, BBFC, game developers, etc.... If mummy and daddy thinks that there child could be harmed mentally with exposure to this type of material then don't buy them for christmas and birthday presents

11. Laitainion

Laitainion What's a Dremel?

Shouldn't the onus be on Cameron to prove so, since what he is suggesting could be regarded as censorship?

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

worst of all, Cameron is giving etonians a bad name!

Anywho, if parents followed the age-guidelines, people young enough to be influenced by the violence wouldn't be seeing it. But like that'll ever happen.

13. K

K 528491

Daily Mail readers everywhere must be creaming themselves in anticipation.

14. naokaji

naokaji whatever

i'm not going to say anything about them lol... (dont want them to come burn down my house)...

one more thing....

why do they actually always say that games need to be banned? i mean... enforcing an age restriction would be far easier...

15. sunny_man

sunny_man What's a Dremel?

I am a Conservative supporter although policies I want to see blur the line between all 3 major parties here in the UK. If Cameron draws up some ridiculous policies just to appeal to the naive (mis)understanding that some parents have then I'll definitely be changing who I vote for (out vote matters here, unlike some other places).

16. K

K 528491

You're right, we've already got a top-notch system in place from the BBFC. If only more retailers and parents would enforce it. PR and Marketing people have a lot to answer for too though. I only read adult orientated games mags like EDGE, but a lot of these publishers are advertising 18 rated games in magazines with demographics that have younger folk as the clear majority. But that's a bit of a grey area really.

17. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

And he was nearly making him self electable. Plonker

18. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I think other MPs from Eton have been doing that for a long time.

I made a post to the website (I read it for laughs, no serious news) when I saw the article there that violence in video games does not perpetuate violence in real life, but there is no reasoning with middle England. These are the same types of people who think all Arabs are terrorists and routinely use homeopathic medicine.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

noobs.

20. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

if he can prove to me that video games are completely linked to the big increase in violence everywhere (and not drugs, poverty, bad role models or/and bad environment) then i am pro-ban, if not he can go F himself with an elaborated "caralhinho" i saw the other day.
    And you Brits are stupid if he gets elected...... no offense here ;)

Tags: Add Tags