1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Broke Radiator?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Harrybo, 30 Aug 2007.

1. Harrybo

Harrybo GAMER

Iv got a brandnew ThermoChill PA120.3 (havnt used it yet) i decided to have a peek inside were the coolant goes in/out and i noticed this...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found this hole by shining a torch inside one barb hole and a little light came of the other, Is this bad? will it reduce the pressure and should i send it back.
    Thanks

(PS, Sorry bout the spelling mistake on the 1st pic, typo! lol)

2. Seraphim Works

Seraphim Works What's a Dremel?

Surely your best bet is to get over onto Over-Clock, email someone like Marci or leave a message in the forum?

Of course, I'm assuming you got it from there, when I could be entirely wrong. Something tells me that rad needs replacing though...

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

That doesn't look right

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Return it. There seem to be a few thermochills like that around at the mo.

5. Marci

Marci Ex-O-CuK / ThermoChill

First I've heard of it... if anything, it'll reduce pressure drop further meaning radiator is less restrictive to liquid flow (a good thing), but water will always take the path of least resistance anyway. Due to the high restriction that a pinhole in the baffle soldering has, water will still take the path of least resistance - down the tubes where it's supposed to go.

Long n' short, it'll make VERY little difference to performance, if any...

But if you want to RMA it, feel free.

6. Harrybo

Harrybo GAMER

Sorry if it was a waste of time returning it but I did it last Saturday so you should have it by now, don’t mean to be picky I just thought it could be bad. I sent Steve an e-mail on the 1st, do you have any idea if you could reply? Usually your on the spot at replying to my e-mails :thumb: Hope to hear from you soon, Thanks

7. Marci

Marci Ex-O-CuK / ThermoChill

S'ok - I've been on holiday since 30th - well, not quite... been off throwing sidecars round a racetrack - just got back today... Apparently your rad arrived back here this morning...

*EDIT: Just opened and checked it over - yep, you're right... but as stated, won't affect anything performance wise. Steve's out at the mo, so will have to wait for his return before I can let you know how he intends to proceed...

Tags: