1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Meet the new iPods

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 6 Sep 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It's 100% compatible with iPhone software

2. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

surely htc have some sort of patent on their Touch?

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

I'd love a touch with a HDD - it seems rather silly to not have one, tbh.

I'll stick with my 60gig ipod video for the moment, although the idea of a 160gig is making me droll rather copiously...

4. imkeller

imkeller What's a Dremel?

I saw the picture and thought, "oh look, it's 3 iPods and an iPhone". But wait, no, it's 3 fat iPods and an iPhone without the phone. So it's an 'i'. Hooray.

5. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

QFT :lol:

one thing can fix that though: :dremel:

6. riggs

riggs ^_^

Shuffle = no screen, no point. Might as well just go for a Zen Stone Plus
    Nano = better than the original nano imo, at least now it doesn't look like you can snap it in half
    Classic = not my cup of tea - I've got no need for that much storage...I don't need to carry my entire music collection with me (and 160GB?!? WTF?)
    Touch = way too big considering the tiny storage size.

Now, if they could squeeze the features of the Touch into the casing of the new Nano, that'd be pretty cool. Not that I'd ever buy an iPod mind you...

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

That refered more to the software than the hardware. Whilst they did produce a PDA called the Touch, they've released the app for many other devices as well now.

<A88>

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

You clearly don't have enough music.

I'd love to have 160 gigs, because that's a small fraction of my entire library. I would buy an ipod, if my iriver weren't superior in every way.

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I have a shuffle and personally feel it to be far superior to the Zen stone. The controls aren't fiddly for a start, it has a clip on the back, and being made of metal it's highly durable.
    I've taken it kite landboarding with me and it's survived a couple of off's with little more than grass stains, and the clip is great for when you are exercising.

Of course if you don't have a need for the clip and durability and ease of use then I'm sure the Zen is great.

10. serial_

serial_ What's a Dremel?

I'll never understand why people chunk money into iPods. They are shite devices with limited features. The proprietary nature of the device alone is enough to make me wary.

I'll stick with my Samsung T9 yahkthx. I'd like to upgrade to the archos that got posted earlier, i've had my eye on those for a while, since they support divx =). As far as size goes, they're the same size roughly as the iPod. That's not a lot of bulk for something that you could comfortably watch on the commute^^

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Our feelings are mutual.

12. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

ipods = /snore

those Iriver players do indeed look sexy ..if my Creative player ever goes south on me, I may pick up one of them

13. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Apple products are getting more boring and uglier by the second. There are so many players that do the same thing better, why get an iPod anymore? As for the Shuffle, I think it is great, but the new colours are too feminine and boring. I like my older green shuffle thanks.

14. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

I rather like my alpine green ipod video really :)

[​IMG]

I'm curious as to what Colorware will do with the new ipod classics though.

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Is alley misspelled, or is that the spelling over in the UK?

(The part right before Zune)

16. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I might actually buy the fat nano. I have never owned an ipod but it would be nice to fill it with friends episodes and stealth watch a few when im bored at work.
    im not one to care about video or sound quality, as long as i can see and hear it I am fine. Its probably why i dont mind watching "cam" movies. after 5 mins of seing it badly cropped and cut off, i get into it and dont really notice it.

17. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

That's how you spell alley everywhere?

I don't own an mp3 player of any kind but many, the classic and Touch really make me want to own one. Who knows, maybe one of these days...

18. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

£270 for 16gb ? you have to be joking

19. Edenalig

Edenalig What's a Dremel?

I have a Dension Ice Link in my car that allows the steering controlls to run the ipod, it works great and I have 30Gb of audio/video on the move. I have yet to find another player to do the same, I will however eat my words as and when someone finds an alternative lol ;)

20. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Heuu is it just me or Apple does everything they can to push the ipod Touch, with their ugly design and ugly 60's pastel colors. I mean come on!
    The iPhone Touch makes me thing they are broken iPhones where they removed the chip to make phone calls and the SIM card reader and sell it to you.

Tags: Add Tags