1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Few new pics of my Elise.

Discussion in 'General' started by AlexB, 8 Sep 2007.

1. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

That is a beautiful car. I prefer the hard tops myself, but still, awesome ride. Can I borrow it?

3. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Sure, if you pay the shipping fees! ;)

By hard tops do you mean Exiges?

4. RTT

RTT #parp

You can get Elises (S1 & S2, and the VXs for that matter) with removable hard-tops ;)

I do like the S1 although I feel they are starting to look very dated these days. Yours is a stunning example though, it looks mint! :)

Definitely lower it... subtly though :cooldude:

An Elise S2 111R would be fighting with a Focus ST for the top of my list if I were forced to buy a car tomorrow (and before anyone says it, yes, I know those two are completely different cars :))

5. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I know you can get hard tops, I just wondered if he meant Exige as hard tops on S1's look gash! ;)

111R's are lovely cars, although for similar money you could get an S1 Exige - I know where my money would go.... an 80's 911 Turbo! ;)

6. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Where's your go faster stripe?

7. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

*deleted*

Last edited: 13 Nov 2017
  8. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Feb 2024
  9. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Nope, never been bothered about number plate cloning or whatever. People see the car on the road every day anyways..

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

This is what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Those are two different cars. And both are different to mine. the first is an S2 Exige, 2nd is a S2 with a hardtop. Mine's an S1 :)

Both are awesome too ;)

12. RTT

RTT #parp

What? no they don't :D I see a green S1 with a hard top every morning and it's :cooldude:

13. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Ah well ;) Horses for courses..

14. kempez

kempez modding again!

The Elise looks nice mate, they're lovely to drive, proper go-karts

Please don't lower it or add some splitters to it, they're that high for practical use day to day and you'll regret it if you do.

Also it would affect the amazing handling which is not a good thing.

15. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

That's a fantastic car and I'm very jealous. However, I agree with kempez. If you want to lower the car for appearance reasons, you're no better than the kids with huge exhausts and towering wings on junk cars. On the other hand, if you want to lower the car for performance reasons, well... do you really think you know better than the gentlemen at Lotus?

16. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I want S2 suspension for it. The S1 elise was created simply to prove that lotus could build an affordable trackday car - nothing more. The parts on it are not designed for daily use, or high mileages, the Koni Red's they used last about 30k before they need replacing, my ar is on it's 3rd set.

The upgrade offers better ride, better cornering, better high speed stability, and better durability.

So, I dont think I know better than lotus, I think they improved their design and I want a bit of the action. ;)

17. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

I WILL own an Elise one day!

18. RTT

RTT #parp

I think it might just look bad-ass because it's black and so looks like it's a carbon roof or something :D :)

What are the running costs like? Obviously fuel isn't too bad since the engine is small and so you can drive it sensibly (right? :D) returning good MPG when you want to...

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's a lovely looking car mate. I love the S1's - there used to be a Lotus garage up the road, and driving past the Motorsport S1's everyday (in the pre-Exige days) was absolutely torturous! :D

20. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

MPG is 38 on a run apparently. Like you say, small engine and they weigh nothing, so thats pretty good. Servicing is average, £200 for a cheap one, or £600 for a biggun. Parts are priced well, so replacing stuff isnt too bad. The only downside to them is practicality, but we've got other cars for that! :)

Tags: